GeeBee Tech Support thread - pose questions, get answers

Ugh. I did a restore and the screen still won't swipe open.


Follow LTR's instructions.


Looking to get rid of the desktop. Just need to do online stuff, burn DVD. Looking for something small and practical with full keyboard and mouse. No Apple bullshit. Have external drives for storage.

Discuss

Also, not ruling out a tower as I have a killer monitor, keyboard, mouse and plenty of room.

At first I was thinking chromebook, but they don't come with an internal DVD burner/reader.

If you're okay with another desktop, head over to Wal-Mart for their low-end ones. Great prices and enough computer for what you need. Alternately, Dell has great deals on refurbished Slimline (small footprint) desktops in the $250 range.
 
What do you like better? an iPad or Kindle? or is it just personal preference and cost?
 
At first I was thinking chromebook, but they don't come with an internal DVD burner/reader.

If you're okay with another desktop, head over to Wal-Mart for their low-end ones. Great prices and enough computer for what you need. Alternately, Dell has great deals on refurbished Slimline (small footprint) desktops in the $250 range.

Ot build your own, he already has half the bits he'll need. Dirt cheap and you get actually what you require.
 
What do you like better? an iPad or Kindle? or is it just personal preference and cost?

Neither.

I don't enjoy the prices of apple products and I don't care for the closed ecosystem that is Amazon.

That being said, the new kindle fire hdx'es have insanely beautiful screens. I'd buy one because they're relatively cheap and then root it with a Android. Instructions can be had all over the web.

Otherwise, find a good android tablet and be done with it.
 
Every time I try a google search through Yahoo, the screen freezes for several minutes and I get a Win32 error message. I'm using Firefox.

Even when I try another search e.g. Bing, it is very slow.

What am I doing wrong?
 
Every time I try a google search through Yahoo, the screen freezes for several minutes and I get a Win32 error message. I'm using Firefox.

Even when I try another search e.g. Bing, it is very slow.

What am I doing wrong?

Malware. There are a shitload of Win32 malware progs.
 
I posted the steps before, but if you get a root kit, the best thing is a reimage.
 
Back
Top