GeeBee Tech Support thread - pose questions, get answers

If anyone knows of a browser that will display flash and is free to use, please let me know.

Cause I can't get Android to work with the flash apk workaround for Chrome.
 
If anyone knows of a browser that will display flash and is free to use, please let me know.

Cause I can't get Android to work with the flash apk workaround for Chrome.

Jelly web browser, puffin and dolphin.
 
Jelly web browser, puffin and dolphin.

Puffin only works during certain hours of the day and dolphin is pay-for after the trial period.

I'll check out Jelly.


ETA: Jelly browser for the win! Thanks!
 
Last edited:
Fuck you BBC iPlayer!

Now I have to go find a copy of Radio Downloader v0.26.2 from some dark corner of the internet.


:mad:
 
Same message. Windows 7, firefox, chrome, opera. I also get it on my phone.

I can get through if I use the tor browser, so I figure it has to be my ip.
when you say you also get it on your phone, do you mean the error, or that you can connect on your phone?
If the latter try getting a different IP assignment for your PC. How you do that would depend on how you're connecting to the internet.
 
Meet the $38 tablet: Hands-on with DataWind’s UbiSlate 7Ci

For those who like to know specs, under the hood this UbiSlate features a Cortex A9 (1GHz) processor – comparable to the original iPad – along with 512MB of system memory (RAM) and 4GB of internal storage. There is a microSD card slot, however, capable of memory cards up to 32GB each.

Along with the built-in Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n), the UbiSlate 7Ci tablet supports external 3G for mobile broadband data connectivity; a USB adaptor is included in the box, to snap in a WAN stick, if desired. The tablet has an embedded G-sensor for device orientation, therefore it knows when you’re holding it vertically or horizontally.
The tablet itself is 7.2-inches tall by 4.8 inches wide and 0.4-inches thin, and weighs 0.7 pounds. It's quite light, which makes it comfortable to hold while reading ebooks. Measured diagonally, the 7-inch TFT capacitive multi-touch screen looks pretty good straight on – with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels – but once you lean left or right it can be tough to see clearly.

Other features include a front-facing VGA camera (no rear cam), external speakers and 3.5mm headphone jack, volume up and down buttons, microphone and microUSB slot.

In the box is an AC power adaptor, microUSB cable (say, to connect to a computer) and the abovementioned adaptor to connect full-size USB accessories. The 3.7-volt Li-Polymer rechargeable battery only yields about 3 hours of play between charges. This is the weakest link in the chain.
 
More printer problems!

I have a wireless Canon color laser printer. I send a small print job to it and the computer takes a minute or so to send. Then the printer sits there for as much as half an hour, then prints a page... then sits.. then prints another page... and so on.

I've turned everything off and on and I can log into the printer using Chrome and putting in the IP address for the printer. It says there is nothing in the cache.

Why is it so slow to print?
 
My iTunes is suddenly displaying songs I added to it 10 years ago. Did they have a cloud back then?
 
Canons suck.

Also, are you on a VPN?

iTunes did a update that broke the OS, it doesn't seem to matter which OS, and the breakage is random.

I fixed my personal one last night, then 5 more when I got to work.
 
Canons suck.

Also, are you on a VPN?

iTunes did a update that broke the OS, it doesn't seem to matter which OS, and the breakage is random.

I fixed my personal one last night, then 5 more when I got to work.

I have a modem/router. It talks to my laptop. It talks to my printer. And it talks to my iPhone. I don't know if I am on a VPN or not. I just turn the stuff on and it usually works.
 
I have a modem/router. It talks to my laptop. It talks to my printer. And it talks to my iPhone. I don't know if I am on a VPN or not. I just turn the stuff on and it usually works.

I bet it's a setting you have on the printer wireless settings. Go in and see if you have it set to print immediately or when there is no activity.
 
I bet it's a setting you have on the printer wireless settings. Go in and see if you have it set to print immediately or when there is no activity.

That setting was fine.

Last night I turned off the computer, turned off the printer, turned off the router.

This morning, the printer wouldn't work at all. It had no IP address. So I went through the set up instructions again, and it said that if there was no IP address found, push the WAP button on the router.

Well, I have a Motorola router and there was only one button, and it had no label. I pushed it anyway though.

Suddenly my printer is printing.

I'm very busy today and hope it holds up for the next few hours.
 
Canons suck.

Also, are you on a VPN?

iTunes did a update that broke the OS, it doesn't seem to matter which OS, and the breakage is random.

I fixed my personal one last night, then 5 more when I got to work.

Canons make the best production printers. I bet I've spent over $1 million on them over the years. No shit.
 
The more I help people with their Windows 8/8.1 issues, the more I come to appreciate just how shitty it is as an OS.

Coincidentally, my fondness for Win7 grows.

Think I'm just going to wait till Win9.
 
The more I help people with their Windows 8/8.1 issues, the more I come to appreciate just how shitty it is as an OS.

Coincidentally, my fondness for Win7 grows.

Think I'm just going to wait till Win9.

I actually quite like Win7. It's stolen a lot from Ubuntu, it's still typical resource whore when compared to Linux, but it works.
 
I lost my hard drive, took it to get fixed and they said the clusters are fucked. Can't retrieve any data. Lots of good stuff I need. Any ideas?
 
I lost my hard drive, took it to get fixed and they said the clusters are fucked. Can't retrieve any data. Lots of good stuff I need. Any ideas?

Talk to LTR. She does that kind of stuff day in day out.
 
Back
Top