GeeBee Tech Support thread - pose questions, get answers

I feel super stupid posting here but I need to know what is the most basic way to make my 3 year old lap top run faster. Suggestions?
 
I feel super stupid posting here but I need to know what is the most basic way to make my 3 year old lap top run faster. Suggestions?

If you've surfed with it for the last 3 years without competently running malware/virus scans on it religiously during that same time, and by "faster" you're relating to its speed when you first got it, then the first place to start is scanning it for browser hijackers, malware, etc., and then deleting all that junk.

If you'd like to competently do that yourself, go to bleepingcomputer.com/forums/, register, post your issue in the proper forum, and someone will steer you all the way through it.

Otherwise, you'd be wise to find someone competent you personally trust to do it for you.

Regardless, unless there's an obvious hardware or software problem, that's the first place you should start.
 
My computer is suddenly awash in "side by side configuration" messages. Aside from taking it in to be fixed or taking an axe to it, what can I do?
 
It's a great question. Eeyore is a great douchecanoe.

Eyer, huh? He's been banned again?
Hm, I wish there was an easy way of recognizing his new usernames.


The highly volatile digital cvrrency and its vse isn't a "Tech Svpport" issve. And considering yovr admitted total ignorance abovt bitcoin, I highly svggest yov take yovr pay in traditional form instead. That is, if yov valve actval worth more than ignorant specvlation.

Aha!
 
I'd probably do best by paying someone to do this work for me. It's not in my skill set.
 
The highly volatile digital currency and its use isn't a "Tech Support" issue. And considering your admitted total ignorance about bitcoin, I highly suggest you take your pay in traditional form instead. That is, if you value actual worth more than ignorant speculation.

Thanks, man. :rolleyes:
 
My computer is suddenly awash in "side by side configuration" messages. Aside from taking it in to be fixed or taking an axe to it, what can I do?

Sounds like you have something emitting an EMP discharge too close to the gateway CPU. You have to eliminate that side-by-side configuration by covering one of the devices in tin foil to make a faraday cage.
 
Anyone know how to turn off Microsoft Edge popups that appear whenever I launch Google Chrome?

They're starting to get irritating.
 
Anyone know how to turn off Microsoft Edge popups that appear whenever I launch Google Chrome?

They're starting to get irritating.

The Goog told me how to make a registry change to get rid of the edge hyperlinks on the start page.
 
Yes, that's what I mean. Chrome is my default, but the Edge icon in my taskbar popups up upon boot and reminds me that Edge works faster/stronger with W10.

Settings > Default App Settings > Web Browser

I switch browsers quite often without troubles.
 
Back
Top