Is there no such thing

I need both romance and sex. And I count myself very fortunate to have both.

My husband will fuck me until I pass out. :devil: (I love what he does to me!)

He also kisses me softly, strokes my hair, gives me flowers, emails me just to tell me he misses me, holds my hand, and holds me close to him as we fall asleep. :rose:

That sounds just about perfect ;)
 
Long term good sex only happens if there is some romance. Sex is fantastic and keeps a couple physically bonded, but without the romance you lose the emotional bond, and that is so much more important. Though I often find I am sweeter to hubby when I am completely sexually satisfied.

I slightly disagree. Long term sex is possible without romance or emotional bonding. However, romance and emotional intimacy gives a relationship, and even the sex its self, a much greater depth and pleasure then simple emotionless sex. Even kinky (even extremely kinky) sex is much better when there is romance and emotional intimacy involved, but just because its better doesn't mean long term "good sex" cant happen without it. It's just the simple difference between the words "good" and "great." ;)

So true!!

Worse yet, so much of what passes for sex seems to be crazy nonsense that someone's dreamed up because normal sex just doesn't do it for them anymore.

And whats wrong with people being creative because they find normal vanilla sex boring, and want something more interesting and exciting?

I'm very much a romantic, but I'm also a sadistic, sexually depraved bastard. And I'm very much creative and crazy when it comes to sex. The things I do to my lovers sexually does not make me any less a romantic when I am holding hands, taking them out on a date, kissing, offering genuine compliments or holding them close as they fall asleep in my arms after a good scene. Not everyone views romance as an entirely "soft, gentle" experience though. Sometimes love bites. ;)
 
as good old fashioned romance anymore? Seems to me it is all about sex.
nothing wrong with sex in itself imo but hand holding and snuggling needs to make a comeback imo.

He asks, on a borad where people want to know how large an object you can stick in your pussy:rolleyes: You are in the right house, wrong room!
 
Great minds...

Wow! I started a thread in The Playground about just this thing. It's always nice to be reminded that someone else has an interest in romance and the like. Particularly when one is surrounded by the orgy that is college (=P) it's easy to become bitter and cynical about love and romance.

I definitely agree that it's important to take strides to re-introduce that element into your life. At the same time, it's hard to be romantic alone. I could take myself out on a first date, but it wouldn't be the same as doing it with someone who likes me.
 
I slightly disagree. Long term sex is possible without romance or emotional bonding. However, romance and emotional intimacy gives a relationship, and even the sex its self, a much greater depth and pleasure then simple emotionless sex. Even kinky (even extremely kinky) sex is much better when there is romance and emotional intimacy involved, but just because its better doesn't mean long term "good sex" cant happen without it. It's just the simple difference between the words "good" and "great." ;)


And whats wrong with people being creative because they find normal vanilla sex boring, and want something more interesting and exciting?

I'm very much a romantic, but I'm also a sadistic, sexually depraved bastard. And I'm very much creative and crazy when it comes to sex. The things I do to my lovers sexually does not make me any less a romantic when I am holding hands, taking them out on a date, kissing, offering genuine compliments or holding them close as they fall asleep in my arms after a good scene. Not everyone views romance as an entirely "soft, gentle" experience though. Sometimes love bites. ;)

I think the point people are trying to make is that leaving romance and intimacy out of sex is unfulfilling for many people. If people are satisfied/happy with no or little romance regardless of what type of sex they have, fine. But, there are those who want and need more than sex alone.
 
But, there are those who want and need more than sex alone.

And I am one of those people. I want a LOT more then just sex from a relationship. Even "just" kinky sex. I have very high standards and expectations.

However, I think it is also a mistake to think of "old fashioned romance" as a generic standard, and think that anyone who does not fit that generic standard is less romantic because they practice romance differently. Romance is, and has always been, a very individual and personal thing. To some people, a good hard spanking is just as romantic as cuddling up on the couch and watching a mutually favorite movie.

After all, most real life romantics are a lot different then the characters that can be found in most cheap romance novels. ;)
 
Yeah. I seperate romance from sex. To me I would rather snuggle/cuddle than go to bed with my sweetheart. Nothing wrong with making love though but if that is all you want to talk about then do me a favor and get the hell off of my thread.
 
Last edited:
but if that is all you want to talk about then do me a favor and get the hell off of my thread.

Once you start a thread it takes on a life of its own. You cant control who posts on a public discussion forum. AND the topic is leading to deeper discussions and a sharing of opinions ... which I think many people on a discussion board enjoy. The dialogue and exchange is valuable. If everyone agreed with everyone else about everything, the world would be a horribly boring place.

But then again, I enjoy learning and talking and sharing.
 
Beck said:
as good old fashioned romance anymore? Seems to me it is all about sex.
nothing wrong with sex in itself imo but hand holding and snuggling needs to make a comeback imo.
He asks, on a borad where people want to know how large an object you can stick in your pussy:rolleyes: You are in the right house, wrong room!

Exactly. Most of the shit he posts does not belong in Fetish & Sexuality. That's why many of them have been moved to The Playground. Perhaps Beck needs a lesson on what Lit's boards are for?
 
Maybe if there was a board for romance I would not feel the need to post on the sexuality central. No need to be a bitch about it either. Simply don't post on my threads. My feelings won't be hurt
 
Just because you started this thread doesn't mean you own it. :) Laurel and Manu do. FYI, Beck, the mod to Fetish & Sexuality has moved many of your threads to The Playground. Try that board. :D
 
Good point though about appropriate forum though, Beck, by DarkPleasures. just sayin...
 
Thank you for bieng civil Dark Pleasures. I honestly do not have an issue with you.
 
i don't dislike you. i think you do have some very valid points and i do appreciate your honesty
 
Yeah. I seperate romance from sex.

So do I. What I was simply trying to point out is that romance is not always strictly vanilla, and that it most certainly is not always the same as what you find in generic romance novels or stories.

Romance is when souls touch, when hearts skip a beat together, breath is taken away and given at the same time; when the melody of your souls play together in harmony and the spark of your love for each other ignites a gentle warmth that burns in your hearts and souls through any storm.

But how you achieve those things is different for everybody. Every person is different, and thus every relationship is different.

You see--not every romantic is always a gentleman, and not every gentleman is always romantic. I know what this thread is about. And yes, “old fashioned” romance is still alive. But romance is something that lives in many forms, and it is rude to those people who do not practice strictly “old fashioned” romance to think of them as being less romantic then someone who does.
 
He doesn't need to say a word, when I arrive he takes me in his arms and holds me. We sit on the sofa wrapped around each other and just sit. No talking, no sex, just the two of us breathing each other in. I catch him watching me when he thinks I'm not looking. He smiles when he sees me at his door.
 
So do I. What I was simply trying to point out is that romance is not always strictly vanilla, and that it most certainly is not always the same as what you find in generic romance novels or stories.

Romance is when souls touch, when hearts skip a beat together, breath is taken away and given at the same time; when the melody of your souls play together in harmony and the spark of your love for each other ignites a gentle warmth that burns in your hearts and souls through any storm.

But how you achieve those things is different for everybody. Every person is different, and thus every relationship is different.

You see--not every romantic is always a gentleman, and not every gentleman is always romantic. I know what this thread is about. And yes, “old fashioned” romance is still alive. But romance is something that lives in many forms, and it is rude to those people who do not practice strictly “old fashioned” romance to think of them as being less romantic then someone who does.


*sigh* Damn, but I miss this! :eek:
 
There definitely is where I am concerned. I have never been one that can just jump into bed with someone. I've never had a one night stand. I enjoy getting to know someone. Getting to know the real person within makes the play in bed SO MUCH better! This of course coming from a guy that hasn't been on a date in over 8 years, LOL, but that's another story.
 
Im not sure I have a romantic bone in my body. I know I used to when younger. Now I appreciate good sex. Not much on the romance of it at all.
 
Back
Top