New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheLadyOfShalott....welcome!

TheLadyOfShalott said:
I think where you go to escape is all about a change of scenery... I guess I get the best of all worlds - live in seacoast NH, husbands family has a beach house in Maine and I have relatives out on the Cape... I usually head to the Mountains when need a change of pace :D


good evening and welcome to the New England thread! :)

:rose:
tigerjen
 
KyleOmega said:
Not much luck with jobs in Vermont either. I've just decided to volunteer. Better than nothing. :rolleyes:
I applied for a job with IBM in Burlington years and years ago ... fortunately, while I love Vermont, I didn't get that particular job.

That volunteering business... how is that for providing food and shelter? ;)
 
RainDove25 said:
Oh Poo.. Anything I like I just assume must be weird, but if you like it too.. I will make an exception and only think of those things as the best. ;)

I have actually never been to Maine. Almost made it once.. but bailed last minute.. too long of a drive for a weekend drinking party. Wouldnt mind going now...


I've been to Old Orchard Beach in Maine.....its great in the summer!!! Got
the beach, the boardwalk.....its great!!

:nana:
 
mattdchef said:
sweet!!!
love me some lobstah

supercool!!! my preference for a lobster roll is melted butta......ahhhhhh!

lobster roll w/ mayo is lobster salad in my opinion....yukko....

now how do you like yours? :D
 
tigerjen said:
I've been to Old Orchard Beach in Maine.....its great in the summer!!! Got
the beach, the boardwalk.....its great!!

:nana:
Just so long as you can avoid the black flies ...
 
I think a friend of mine owns a place near there.. I should muzz and take it one weekend... Sounds like a good plan!

tigerjen said:
I've been to Old Orchard Beach in Maine.....its great in the summer!!! Got
the beach, the boardwalk.....its great!!

:nana:
 
NorthernPA4U said:
I applied for a job with IBM in Burlington years and years ago ... fortunately, while I love Vermont, I didn't get that particular job.

That volunteering business... how is that for providing food and shelter? ;)

It doesn't provide food and shelter, heh. Fortunately, while I'm attending college, I'm staying with my dad to reduce loans, so getting a job isn't an absolute necessity. Of course, my financial situation is less than stellar...
 
NorthernPA4U....welcome!

NorthernPA4U said:
This sounds ideal ... though a "beach" house in Maine probably doesn't have much beach, does it? Or is this along that small part of the coast with sand (and $$$$$) ...


welcome to the New England thread! :)

:rose:
tigerjen
 
RainDove25 said:
I so just opened my 4th Mickey Light.. Here's to us!

Grooooooovy!!!! :D

I had my drink when I was out at dinner last nite....a nice glass of Merlot :)

I'm waiting til Saturday nite for my drinkies.....hehehehehhehee
 
tigerjen said:
supercool!!! my preference for a lobster roll is melted butta......ahhhhhh!

lobster roll w/ mayo is lobster salad in my opinion....yukko....

now how do you like yours? :D
melted butta on one of those frankfuter rolls , no not hot dog buns, good ole' jj nisan frankfurter rolls...that has been grilled
yumm~o
and i agree, why would you kill perfectly good lobstah with mayo
shakes head
 
Yes. indeedie! Although.. I am about to jump in the shower.. its become a before bed ritual the last week.. 2 to 3 showers a day.. my skin is going to fall off soon from all the times I have washed.

NorthernPA4U said:
Cooling you down any ?
 
Nice.

I get to sleep in really tomorrow.. So a couple wont kill me, sweating them out anyway.. lol

tigerjen said:
Grooooooovy!!!! :D

I had my drink when I was out at dinner last nite....a nice glass of Merlot :)

I'm waiting til Saturday nite for my drinkies.....hehehehehhehee
 
KyleOmega said:
It doesn't provide food and shelter, heh. Fortunately, while I'm attending college, I'm staying with my dad to reduce loans, so getting a job isn't an absolute necessity. Of course, my financial situation is less than stellar...
Well, that's part of being in college. Most people coming out of college have debts to pay.

Burlington is a fairly nice college town ... but when I was looking there weren't a lot of jobs, true.

I did love the Ben & Jerry's place we stopped nearby ... and the Vermonster they were offering at the time, whew!
 
RainDove25 said:
Yes. indeedie! Although.. I am about to jump in the shower.. its become a before bed ritual the last week.. 2 to 3 showers a day.. my skin is going to fall off soon from all the times I have washed.
hmmm....i'll apply the curell if you need
 
Last edited:
RainDove25 said:
I think a friend of mine owns a place near there.. I should muzz and take it one weekend... Sounds like a good plan!

its a great weekend time to spend up there.....esp. during the summertime!
 
tigerjen said:
i don't remember any black flies while I was there....hmmmmmmm
Oh, they aren't there all the time ... but back when they were playing minor league baseball at The Ballpark in Old Orchard, Sports Illustrated had an article on baseball there, and they even mentioned at times in the bullpens there would be small fires so the smoke would keep the black flies away.

Maybe that's more of a spring thing, though. When I was at Saco a couple of weeks ago, no black flies at all.

Thanks for the welcome to the thread ... long time lurker, though I think I have posted a few times before.
 
NorthernPA4U said:
This sounds ideal ... though a "beach" house in Maine probably doesn't have much beach, does it? Or is this along that small part of the coast with sand (and $$$$$) ...
It's in York - so yeah there is sand... his grandparents bought it for something like $5000 back in the '50s

We don't go up there much cuz he has a big family and the house is always crowded - usually go late spring/very early summer or at the end of the season when people are packing up and going home so we can just hang out w/his grandfather :)
 
TheLadyOfShalott said:
It's in York - so yeah there is sand... his grandparents bought it for something like $5000 back in the '50s

We don't go up there much cuz he has a big family and the house is always crowded - usually go late spring/very early summer or at the end of the season when people are packing up and going home so we can just hang out w/his grandfather :)

My grandparents lived briefly in York during WWII -- apparently a lot of folks in the inland part of Maine went down to that general area to help with the war effort. Then, when they went back home, I suspect there was a lot of property that became available.

Hard to imagine beach property in York these days going for less than 100 times that price.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top