New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
NorthernPA4U said:
My grandparents lived briefly in York during WWII -- apparently a lot of folks in the inland part of Maine went down to that general area to help with the war effort. Then, when they went back home, I suspect there was a lot of property that became available.

Hard to imagine beach property in York these days going for less than 100 times that price.
I don't remember what the current appraisal was at, but I remember it was some insane amount of $$$... and it's just a summer property - they've been talking about winterizing it for year round use. :eek:
 
TheLadyOfShalott said:
I don't remember what the current appraisal was at, but I remember it was some insane amount of $$$... and it's just a summer property - they've been talking about winterizing it for year round use. :eek:
Well, IMO it would be foolish to sell it, because the average person could never replace it.

But, depending on how many rooms could be let out, a buyer could turn it into a B&B and make tens of thousands of dollars each summer, I'm sure.
 
NorthernPA4U said:
Well, IMO it would be foolish to sell it, because the average person could never replace it.

But, depending on how many rooms could be let out, a buyer could turn it into a B&B and make tens of thousands of dollars each summer, I'm sure.
It's not big enough to be a B&B, but they do have a cottage behind the house that they rent out during the summer.
 
RainDove25 said:
Nice.

I get to sleep in really tomorrow.. So a couple wont kill me, sweating them out anyway.. lol

there you go!!! keep cool and hope you get some good sleep tonite!
 
mattdchef said:
melted butta on one of those frankfuter rolls , no not hot dog buns, good ole' jj nisan frankfurter rolls...that has been grilled
yumm~o
and i agree, why would you kill perfectly good lobstah with mayo
shakes head

Hehehehehehhe hear hear!! No mayo on lobster! I know some places
in Mass. and esp. up in Maine they use mayo in lobster rolls, which they
think is gold.....uh huh well I grew up having lobster rolls w/ melted
butta..... ;)
 
NorthernPA4U said:
Oh, they aren't there all the time ... but back when they were playing minor league baseball at The Ballpark in Old Orchard, Sports Illustrated had an article on baseball there, and they even mentioned at times in the bullpens there would be small fires so the smoke would keep the black flies away.

Maybe that's more of a spring thing, though. When I was at Saco a couple of weeks ago, no black flies at all.

Thanks for the welcome to the thread ... long time lurker, though I think I have posted a few times before.


Ohok....maybe its certain parts that the black flies just happen to roam.
I know I didn't have a problem on the beach because that's where we were,
and it was in August.

I think you did post here before but I couldn't remember ;)
 
TheLadyOfShalott said:
I think where you go to escape is all about a change of scenery... I guess I get the best of all worlds - live in seacoast NH, husbands family has a beach house in Maine and I have relatives out on the Cape... I usually head to the Mountains when need a change of pace :D
I agree.. the mountains in Vermont are beautiful as are the White Mountains in New Hampshire... love the coast of Maine too! Have relatives in the Camden area.
 
hottonguevt said:
I agree.. the mountains in Vermont are beautiful as are the White Mountains in New Hampshire... love the coast of Maine too! Have relatives in the Camden area.

I have relatives in the Rockland area of Maine
 
hottonguevt said:
Thank you for the warm welcome! mmmmm....

oh you're very welcome! :)

I am actually happy at the moment since the humidity broke during the
nite and its actually very nice out this morning......gonna get out there and
enjoy!! :)
 
Good Afternoon all.. So glad its thursday.. My friday really since i dont work tomorrow. I leave tomorrow to go to Eastover.. anyone ever been? Its in MA??


hottonguevt said:
Nice to hear that... never can have too many friends!
 
Last edited:
tigerjen said:
Hehehehehehhe hear hear!! No mayo on lobster! I know some places
in Mass. and esp. up in Maine they use mayo in lobster rolls, which they
think is gold.....uh huh well I grew up having lobster rolls w/ melted
butta..... ;)
i so agree!!! but something aint quite right up there;)
 
hottonguevt said:
I agree.. the mountains in Vermont are beautiful as are the White Mountains in New Hampshire... love the coast of Maine too! Have relatives in the Camden area.
I've never really had to opportunity to explore the mountains in VT... but I know the white mountains quite well... especially around Pinkham and Franconia Notches. :)
 
tigerjen said:
its funny...the war of how to make the lobster roll :D

butta or mayo? :D

hehehehehee :p
well there are traditionalists and purists...
besides its too dam expensive to cover up with mayo (unless we are talking about home made mayo totally different beast)
 
goooooood afternoon fellow New Englanders!!!!
what a beautiful day it is so far........:cool:
 
mattdchef said:
well there are traditionalists and purists...
besides its too dam expensive to cover up with mayo (unless we are talking about home made mayo totally different beast)

i agree!!! Butta is the way to go! :nana:
 
RainDove25 said:
Good Afternoon all.. So glad its thursday.. My friday really since i dont work tomorrow. I leave tomorrow to go to Eastover.. anyone ever been? Its in MA??

Oooh, the Berkshires ... fun. Is this where you're going horseback riding?
 
mattdchef said:
well there are traditionalists and purists...
besides its too dam expensive to cover up with mayo (unless we are talking about home made mayo totally different beast)
I have a cousin who used to teach on the coast of Maine, and the dad of one of her students was a lobsterman ... she got as much lobster as cheaply as she wanted ... :p
 
RainDove25 said:
Good Afternoon all.. So glad its thursday.. My friday really since i dont work tomorrow. I leave tomorrow to go to Eastover.. anyone ever been? Its in MA??

I never heard of Eastover....have a great weekend! :)
 
Yup.. I am so excited.. have you been before? I have never, all my friends have and they keep telling me that I will have a great time. There are like 12 of us going and we are all basically sharing a room or something.. i dont really know all the details... it sounds so odd.. but the place is kind of run like a college campus.

NorthernPA4U said:
Oooh, the Berkshires ... fun. Is this where you're going horseback riding?
 
RainDove25 said:
Yup.. I am so excited.. have you been before? I have never, all my friends have and they keep telling me that I will have a great time. There are like 12 of us going and we are all basically sharing a room or something.. i dont really know all the details... it sounds so odd.. but the place is kind of run like a college campus.
I know of it, and I know people who have been, and I've been to that area before ... but never have stayed at Eastover myself. I agree it sounds like quite a bit of fun.
 
Have a good weekend and have lots of fun. Im going camping this weekend which is a primer for 3 week from now when I go camping In PA with 10,000 of my closest friends :) :nana:


RainDove25 said:
Yup.. I am so excited.. have you been before? I have never, all my friends have and they keep telling me that I will have a great time. There are like 12 of us going and we are all basically sharing a room or something.. i dont really know all the details... it sounds so odd.. but the place is kind of run like a college campus.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top