The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I point out that you might well be biased- the legible examples remain, while the illegible scribble will have made its way to the trash heap long ago.

Hmmm. True. But I mean, just average letters from average people.
 
Hmmm. True. But I mean, just average letters from average people.
Hmm...
Ok, I'll grant you that they wrote more, and were taught cursive in school... but that doesn't entail that the handwriting of the average person was good, in and of itself.
 
Hmm...
Ok, I'll grant you that they wrote more, and were taught cursive in school... but that doesn't entail that the handwriting of the average person was good, in and of itself.

I think they just used more beautiful fonts.
 
:confused:
I'm thinking about buying a Kindle.

Does anyone have one?

What do you like/dislike about it?

Thanks.:heart:

-E

I love mine. I like having any book I want at hand and the fact that old books (the "classics") are available for very cheap. I dislike the fact that for new books, the prices aren't much lower than for print copies. There's also a browser on it that I use from time to time, and I don't like that it locks up easily and freezes the whole device, but I understand that that particular function is still experimental.

lol I actually hold the pen wrong and I'm 28. All my teachers growing up tried to get me to hold the pen the correct way, but I always rebelled. ;) I don't really know why. I guess I just liked having a solid (death) grip on it and felt I had better control. Just something weird that stuck with me.

I hold mine just like you're "supposed" to, only I rest it on my ring finger instead of my middle finger. Given the fact that I dabble in calligraphy and am not half bad at it, I don't think it's hurt my handwriting terribly much.
 
Hm.

I guess I look at it and, to me, it appears as if the writer has somehow devolved back to an ape-like state. Now, my penmanship is not anywhere near what it could or should be - my mom-in-law has cursive writing that would make you weep with joy at it's beauty - but at least I don't look like I'm trying to dig termites out of a mound with a pen when I use it. :)

Is penmanship really no longer taught? How sad.

No, not really. Well, it's taught when they're teaching children to write, but as soon as they can write legibly it's pretty much dropped.

Yeah...do not look at my handwriting. Ever. :rolleyes:

(But at least I hold the pen correctly).

Yeah. Me, too. But not through lack of trying. I spent years (up past high school, literally) just writing and writing and writing, trying to improve my penmanship. My handwriting SUCKS, and I do not know why. *sigh*

I want pretty handwriting.

Is cursive taught in the US/Canada?

I can't speak for Canada, and honestly can speak in general, but not really. It's briefly covered, and then dropped. My oldest never learned cursive because when she was in 4th grade we switched from one school to another (same schools, just different building), and in her old class they hadn't learned cursive, and in the new one they'd already learned it. They told her, literally, not to bother, cursive is something you won't use. And honestly, these days knowing how to type is a handier skill than cursive and more likely to be used. I'm planning on buying a typing program next time we have some extra money so that they can start to learn to type.
 
Places not to wear a trench coat: seedy bars, police stations, the local sex shop.
 
I can't speak for Canada, and honestly can speak in general, but not really. It's briefly covered, and then dropped. My oldest never learned cursive because when she was in 4th grade we switched from one school to another (same schools, just different building), and in her old class they hadn't learned cursive, and in the new one they'd already learned it. They told her, literally, not to bother, cursive is something you won't use. And honestly, these days knowing how to type is a handier skill than cursive and more likely to be used. I'm planning on buying a typing program next time we have some extra money so that they can start to learn to type.

I went to catholic school from kindergarten through eighth grade and they only allowed cursive. Then I went to a public high school and the teachers were like, you can write in cursive but if they can't read it then you have to write it over. So I switched to print. Which was weird after years of only writing in cursive.
 
I love mine. I like having any book I want at hand and the fact that old books (the "classics") are available for very cheap. I dislike the fact that for new books, the prices aren't much lower than for print copies. There's also a browser on it that I use from time to time, and I don't like that it locks up easily and freezes the whole device, but I understand that that particular function is still experimental.

Thanks. I hear different things. One of my coworkers as well as a fellow litster thought the nook might be a better choice, but another coworker who has a kindle absolutely loves it.

I'll keep thinking on it.

:rose:
 
The fucker need to get out of my head.

And just for the record, there is a big difference between being a bit sammy and being a brat. At least in my world.
:mad:
 
Excuse me, pride? Could you maybe chill out for a second and just let this other sexy woman boss me around some? Thanks, sorry to bother you, have a nice day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top