The Isolated Blurt BDSM Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A long time ago on here I complimented someone on their pretty bra in their av and they told me it was from AdditionElle. I was thinking Mistress Diva,so Miss Diva perhaps. Or Mistress someone else? Hmm. Anyway, I wish I could remember, because I finally went to them when they were having a bra sale, got properly fitted, and have 5 new bras. I wasn't too far off - I was wearing 44DD and ended up in 42DDD. But they lift and give me cleavage and make my waist look smaller. Very impressive. Definitely worth $30 each. Or even the $50 they normally are, but I wouldn't have got 5 in that case.
It was really hard to fit me too - there was quite a pile of rejects by the time we were finished. In a lot of bras I have to cram them into DD and DDD cups have wrinkles. In the end only one style of bra worked.
The best part was that they have about 30 different patterns. So I got white and skin tone and three fun ones, which was really cool because once you get over, say, 34C, bras usually stop looking pretty and lacy and start looking strap 'em down and hold 'em in over the shoulder boulder holders. I am, however, still undecided about matching panties.
So I'm happy tonight.
I have spent more money in the last six months on clothes than I had in the 18 before.
They told me I should buy new bras every six months. Right. Like that's going to happen.

And now that all the gentlemen's eyes are glazed over, I return you to your normal programming.

Rotate so you never wear the same one two days in a row, never more than twice a week, wash after the second wearing (hand wash or on delicate in a lingerie bag in the machine), and you might get a year's wear out of them.

:)
 
I wonder if the meds have really helped. I just don't care about anything anymore. The lows have started coming back but my reaction hasn't been quite as bad. I think that's from just not caring or having energy for anything.
 
I wonder if the meds have really helped. I just don't care about anything anymore. The lows have started coming back but my reaction hasn't been quite as bad. I think that's from just not caring or having energy for anything.

Now I'm not trying to bash medicine here, but every anti depressant I was ever put on made me feel that way. It wasn't that I didn't feel depressed, I just didn't care that I was depressed, along with that, I didn't get as excited about anything either. Was sort of like living life in black, white, and gray, mute and even rather than in color where it could be bright and cheery, or blue and bleak.

After talking to my doc, and switching meds and dosage a few times, I decided meds just weren't for me. They do help a lot of people though.
 
Now I'm not trying to bash medicine here, but every anti depressant I was ever put on made me feel that way. It wasn't that I didn't feel depressed, I just didn't care that I was depressed, along with that, I didn't get as excited about anything either. Was sort of like living life in black, white, and gray, mute and even rather than in color where it could be bright and cheery, or blue and bleak.

After talking to my doc, and switching meds and dosage a few times, I decided meds just weren't for me. They do help a lot of people though.

I've tried sevarl meds and dosages. The doc and therapist both seem to think this is the right combination for me. I haven't really made any art since I started taking this combination though. I've started a few things but not finished any of them.

I know it definitely helps people. It may help me if I find the right thing. I wonder how much of it is chemical and how much of it is just learned behavior with me.
 
I've tried sevarl meds and dosages. The doc and therapist both seem to think this is the right combination for me. I haven't really made any art since I started taking this combination though. I've started a few things but not finished any of them.

I know it definitely helps people. It may help me if I find the right thing. I wonder how much of it is chemical and how much of it is just learned behavior with me.

That's very possible. Old habits and all of that.

I hope you find balance. :kiss:
 
I post an ad looking for women and all I get are men messaging me with offers for me to share their subs with them. Did I spell something wrong?
 
I post an ad looking for women and all I get are men messaging me with offers for me to share their subs with them. Did I spell something wrong?

Nope, people hope others will settle for less than what they actually want or they just don't read period.
 
Rotate so you never wear the same one two days in a row, never more than twice a week, wash after the second wearing (hand wash or on delicate in a lingerie bag in the machine), and you might get a year's wear out of them.

:)

Yep, I remember all of your tips. That's one of the reasons I bought so many.
Plus I can replace as they get older based on the ones I wear more often.

Okay, the rest of this post is about antidepressants, so if it doesn't apply to you feel free to scroll to the next post.

Antidepressants are a difficult thing. I can definitively say that no, you should not be feeling the way you are, but there are trade-offs with every med. It is very,very hard to get the right medication balance for the average person. Once you do, it can sometimes stop working after a while. This is one of the reasons studies usually find that antidepressants are roughly as effective as placebos.

It took me 10 years to find the right combination, and then it stopped working and needing to be changed, but I had the luck of finding an awesome psychiatrist who was really, really good at figuring out meds right about then. She also managed to figure out that I was a little further along the spectrum toward bipolar than anyone had considered. Now that I'm on something that works both for bipolar and as an augmentor for depression (Seroquel), I was able to drop one of my two antidepressants, which I had been told I would probably be taking for the rest of my life. I'm very, very happy about that, because it made me grind my teeth at night and interfered with my sleep and all sorts of crap.

The reason it took 10 years was because it took a mix of 3 meds to work - kind of a little of this, a little of that situation. But it was worth it in the end. And when I started taking Seroquel - wow, my "mood swings" disappeared, and my quality of life went up about 20%. And I was able to get myself out of debt, too, and stop making foolish impulsive choices there. So my advice to you would be to keep trying, and not to settle for something just because it kind of works. On the other hand, if you were suicidal, and this med takes it away, then I would strongly encourage you to keep taking it for a while until the danger to your life has passed, and then start pursuing other possibilities. I don't know that I can be of any help to you in your particular situation, but if I can, you can feel free to PM me.

My last piece of advice would be - if you find that a med increases your anxiety, or starts you gaining a ton of weight or some other negative aspect, get off it ASAP. I spent two years of my life thinking I was going insane and gaining 96 pounds, and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. I'm only just now, 15 years later, starting to get my eating patterns back to a semblance of what they used to be, and fuck it's hard.
 
Okay, the rest of this post is about antidepressants, so if it doesn't apply to you feel free to scroll to the next post.

Antidepressants are a difficult thing. I can definitively say that no, you should not be feeling the way you are, but there are trade-offs with every med. It is very,very hard to get the right medication balance for the average person. Once you do, it can sometimes stop working after a while. This is one of the reasons studies usually find that antidepressants are roughly as effective as placebos.

It took me 10 years to find the right combination, and then it stopped working and needing to be changed, but I had the luck of finding an awesome psychiatrist who was really, really good at figuring out meds right about then. She also managed to figure out that I was a little further along the spectrum toward bipolar than anyone had considered. Now that I'm on something that works both for bipolar and as an augmentor for depression (Seroquel), I was able to drop one of my two antidepressants, which I had been told I would probably be taking for the rest of my life. I'm very, very happy about that, because it made me grind my teeth at night and interfered with my sleep and all sorts of crap.

The reason it took 10 years was because it took a mix of 3 meds to work - kind of a little of this, a little of that situation. But it was worth it in the end. And when I started taking Seroquel - wow, my "mood swings" disappeared, and my quality of life went up about 20%. And I was able to get myself out of debt, too, and stop making foolish impulsive choices there. So my advice to you would be to keep trying, and not to settle for something just because it kind of works. On the other hand, if you were suicidal, and this med takes it away, then I would strongly encourage you to keep taking it for a while until the danger to your life has passed, and then start pursuing other possibilities. I don't know that I can be of any help to you in your particular situation, but if I can, you can feel free to PM me.

My last piece of advice would be - if you find that a med increases your anxiety, or starts you gaining a ton of weight or some other negative aspect, get off it ASAP. I spent two years of my life thinking I was going insane and gaining 96 pounds, and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. I'm only just now, 15 years later, starting to get my eating patterns back to a semblance of what they used to be, and fuck it's hard.

I wonder why the medicine stops working after a while. I don't hear about people changing their blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. medicine as much because after a while it just doesn't work. I wonder if we don't in some ways create the imbalance from negative habits we've learned.

I know the answer probably isn't what I'm taking right now or at least at the dose I'm on. I had so many of the negative side effects for one of the medications when I first started taking it. They aren't there any more but I can't help but wonder if it wasn't my body saying that that wasn't the right med. However, once the side effects left, it's been better than other things I've tried so far.

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your advice.
 
I've tried sevarl meds and dosages. The doc and therapist both seem to think this is the right combination for me. I haven't really made any art since I started taking this combination though. I've started a few things but not finished any of them.

I know it definitely helps people. It may help me if I find the right thing. I wonder how much of it is chemical and how much of it is just learned behavior with me.

The doctor and the therapist don't know as much about your body as you do. I suggest pushing for different meds or med combinations, and if the doctor doesn't want to do it, find someone for a second opinion.

Yep, I remember all of your tips. That's one of the reasons I bought so many.
Plus I can replace as they get older based on the ones I wear more often.

Okay, the rest of this post is about antidepressants, so if it doesn't apply to you feel free to scroll to the next post.

Antidepressants are a difficult thing. I can definitively say that no, you should not be feeling the way you are, but there are trade-offs with every med. It is very,very hard to get the right medication balance for the average person. Once you do, it can sometimes stop working after a while. This is one of the reasons studies usually find that antidepressants are roughly as effective as placebos.

It took me 10 years to find the right combination, and then it stopped working and needing to be changed, but I had the luck of finding an awesome psychiatrist who was really, really good at figuring out meds right about then. She also managed to figure out that I was a little further along the spectrum toward bipolar than anyone had considered. Now that I'm on something that works both for bipolar and as an augmentor for depression (Seroquel), I was able to drop one of my two antidepressants, which I had been told I would probably be taking for the rest of my life. I'm very, very happy about that, because it made me grind my teeth at night and interfered with my sleep and all sorts of crap.

The reason it took 10 years was because it took a mix of 3 meds to work - kind of a little of this, a little of that situation. But it was worth it in the end. And when I started taking Seroquel - wow, my "mood swings" disappeared, and my quality of life went up about 20%. And I was able to get myself out of debt, too, and stop making foolish impulsive choices there. So my advice to you would be to keep trying, and not to settle for something just because it kind of works. On the other hand, if you were suicidal, and this med takes it away, then I would strongly encourage you to keep taking it for a while until the danger to your life has passed, and then start pursuing other possibilities. I don't know that I can be of any help to you in your particular situation, but if I can, you can feel free to PM me.

My last piece of advice would be - if you find that a med increases your anxiety, or starts you gaining a ton of weight or some other negative aspect, get off it ASAP. I spent two years of my life thinking I was going insane and gaining 96 pounds, and I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. I'm only just now, 15 years later, starting to get my eating patterns back to a semblance of what they used to be, and fuck it's hard.

I'm on Wellbutrin and Lamictal for mine. Lamictal is an anticonvulsant which acts as a mood stabilizer for me, but it's being increasingly given to people with unipolar depression because of its antidepressant properties. So there are things out there that have antidepressant properties, like certain anticonvulsants, certain anti-psychotics, etc., but aren't "antidepressants" if that makes any sense. :)

I wonder why the medicine stops working after a while. I don't hear about people changing their blood pressure, cholesterol, etc. medicine as much because after a while it just doesn't work. I wonder if we don't in some ways create the imbalance from negative habits we've learned.

I know the answer probably isn't what I'm taking right now or at least at the dose I'm on. I had so many of the negative side effects for one of the medications when I first started taking it. They aren't there any more but I can't help but wonder if it wasn't my body saying that that wasn't the right med. However, once the side effects left, it's been better than other things I've tried so far.

Thank you for sharing your experience and for your advice.

People build up tolerances to medication, psychiatric or otherwise. Even Tylenol doesn't work for me anymore for that reason.
 
People build up tolerances to medication, psychiatric or otherwise. Even Tylenol doesn't work for me anymore for that reason.


Exactly. My grandma receintly had her insulin meds changed three times this year because her body doesn't react to the meds she's been on for 40 years the way they want her body to act.
 
I post an ad looking for women and all I get are men messaging me with offers for me to share their subs with them. Did I spell something wrong?

LOL I don't think it would matter how you spelled it with some people, there are a surprising number of guys who just can't seem to read the words "LOOKING FOR WOMEN ONLY" :rolleyes: They also can't seem to read "NO MEN, BOYS, GUYS NEED APPLY".

I've given up on the personals/dating sites for that very reason. Oh and don't forget the women who reply and ask if it would be ok if their boyfriend/hubby/SO watches :rolleyes:
 
LOL I don't think it would matter how you spelled it with some people, there are a surprising number of guys who just can't seem to read the words "LOOKING FOR WOMEN ONLY" :rolleyes: They also can't seem to read "NO MEN, BOYS, GUYS NEED APPLY".

I've given up on the personals/dating sites for that very reason. Oh and don't forget the women who reply and ask if it would be ok if their boyfriend/hubby/SO watches :rolleyes:

*sigh* No wonder finding other women is so much harder than finding men... all the ones who've started searching get disappointed and give up! :rolleyes:
 
*sigh* No wonder finding other women is so much harder than finding men... all the ones who've started searching get disappointed and give up! :rolleyes:

If you were looking for a couple you'd probably have much better luck. In my case, however, I'm definitely not interested in having sexual contact with other men, even in a voyeuristic way.

I'm not too worried though, I've had a female play partner now for the past 4 years. She is married, but her hubby is fine with her playing over at our place even though Sir is here, because He respects her and their wishes that she only plays with me. Sir and I have tried looking for a third for ourselves, with limited success. It's been about 3 years since we had anyone, our last girl decided to "go straight" when she met up with a former boyfriend.

Right now, it's really not a necessity. It would be nice if it happened, but we're perfectly happy with the arrangement we have now :)
 
*sigh* No wonder finding other women is so much harder than finding men... all the ones who've started searching get disappointed and give up! :rolleyes:

actually it's difficult both ways. my Master only shares me with other men, and states this very clearly in our profiles. yet he is continuously contacted by couples looking to "swing" (blech, no offense to any swingers present), other Masters wanting to "swap" slaves, and single submissive women begging, "ooh, can you train me too?" :rolleyes:

stupid people will just be stupid, and you have to weed through a heck of a lot of them to find the good stuff, no matter what you're looking for.
 
actually it's difficult both ways. my Master only shares me with other men, and states this very clearly in our profiles. yet he is continuously contacted by couples looking to "swing" (blech, no offense to any swingers present), other Masters wanting to "swap" slaves, and single submissive women begging, "ooh, can you train me too?" :rolleyes:

stupid people will just be stupid, and you have to weed through a heck of a lot of them to find the good stuff, no matter what you're looking for.

Isn't that the truth.
 
I don't think this hose would be welcome here....

attachment.php



/end cheesy :D
 
The problem with me is that I'm all about and wanting the lifestyle but it seems subs I'm interviewing/ meeting are all about and looking for one off pro. Minimum commitment, maximum pleasure. Blah.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top