Today I .........

Cathleen said:
Today I understand JCB - I grew up in the snow - and my parents made sure we all knew how to drive in it as well - can't say the same for lots of folks around here but....... as far as the Bahamas - I've never been. The farthest south I've been is Florida, I'm sure the islands are lovely - just don't like hot. Send me to the mountains and I smile!

Cate you should visit the islands........you'd love it! ;)

Believe it or not I like the mountains, as long as it's summer. The last two years I've gone to the Poconos in the summer, and although it was cold, I loved it!
 
Today I will say that sounds nice ....... what are Olde Whites - sharks? Those I do not want to see.......

But if I go diving then you will have to go to the top of a mountain on a cold crisp sunny winter day and ski.
 
done_got_old said:
Cate you should visit the islands........you'd love it! ;)

Believe it or not I like the mountains, as long as it's summer. The last two years I've gone to the Poconos in the summer, and although it was cold, I loved it!
Today I will say - yes, someday I'd like to see the islands - I have been to Kodiak Island in Alaska does that count!!!
 
Cathleen said:
Today I will say - yes, someday I'd like to see the islands - I have been to Kodiak Island in Alaska does that count!!!

Today I'm jealous!!! I want to take an Alaskan Cruise! I'm planning to go next August.
 
done_got_old said:
Today I'm jealous!!! I want to take an Alaskan Cruise! I'm planning to go next August.
Today I say GO GO GO!! I didn't do the cruise - I had a friend out there in the Coast Guard. So I flew into Seattle then took a ferry to Victoria BC (Vancouver Island) and spent a few days there. Unbelievable place - the Bouchart Gardens!! I'm a flower nut so I was in heaven. Then flew into Anchorage then onto Kodiak - there is no real big reason to go to Kodiak unless you have a friend there! Actually there are beautiful places on Kodiak - I'm glad I went there. After spending time on the island we went back to Anchorage and got a car - when to Denali National Park - Mt McKinley....................OMG!!!! Took a tour there - in six hours we saw 21 grizzlies - 2 momma, one with 1 cub the other with 3!!! Saw moose, caribou, golden eagles, bald eagles, Dall Sheep, artic fox, tons of animals - it was the most incredible trip. We went back to Anchorage - hung out for a day there - did the city, musuems etc. Then drove down to the Kenai Penisula - outstanding!!!! You have to go!! Can you tell I loved it! I have pictures - I can try to scan and send to you - I loved Alaska, and they say you never totally leave there - its true. I know there is a piece of me there somewhere - most likely Hatcher's Pass - but I will look everywhere else first!! Its a big place, that piece could be anywhere so I will take my time looking - I know I will go back.
:heart:
 
Cathleen said:
Today I say GO GO GO!! I didn't do the cruise - I had a friend out there in the Coast Guard. So I flew into Seattle then took a ferry to Victoria BC (Vancouver Island) and spent a few days there. Unbelievable place - the Bouchart Gardens!! I'm a flower nut so I was in heaven. Then flew into Anchorage then onto Kodiak - there is no real big reason to go to Kodiak unless you have a friend there! Actually there are beautiful places on Kodiak - I'm glad I went there. After spending time on the island we went back to Anchorage and got a car - when to Denali National Park - Mt McKinley....................OMG!!!! Took a tour there - in six hours we saw 21 grizzlies - 2 momma, one with 1 cub the other with 3!!! Saw moose, caribou, golden eagles, bald eagles, Dall Sheep, artic fox, tons of animals - it was the most incredible trip. We went back to Anchorage - hung out for a day there - did the city, musuems etc. Then drove down to the Kenai Penisula - outstanding!!!! You have to go!! Can you tell I loved it! I have pictures - I can try to scan and send to you - I loved Alaska, and they say you never totally leave there - its true. I know there is a piece of me there somewhere - most likely Hatcher's Pass - but I will look everywhere else first!! Its a big place, that piece could be anywhere so I will take my time looking - I know I will go back.
:heart:

Today I'll have to tell you my bear story...............I may have already.

I vacation with a friend. We had a condo in the Poconos. One morning I told him that there was someone on the deck. Without moving, he said it was probably the maintenance crew. Well I went to the door and there was a bear on the deck. I grabbed my camera and went out on the deck dressed only in a bra and a half-slip. Fortunately the bear ran.
 
done_got_old said:
Today I'll have to tell you my bear story...............I may have already.

I vacation with a friend. We had a condo in the Poconos. One morning I told him that there was someone on the deck. Without moving, he said it was probably the maintenance crew. Well I went to the door and there was a bear on the deck. I grabbed my camera and went out on the deck dressed only in a bra and a half-slip. Fortunately the bear ran.
LMAO!!!

Today you have given me the best laugh!! I love bears - they are my favorite animal. While in Alaska my friend and I were walking up Portage Glacier - on the other side of the stream (only about 150feet wide) was a black bear following us step for step. Of course I didn't notice but he did and knew not to tell me cuz I'd freak! But I didn't we just watched him climb a rocky hill -

Another day we were hiking up a hill - about 1500' elevation (on Kodiak) and just chatting off and on. We got quiet (I know you think I am never quiet lol and he knows I am hardly ever quiet) so he says, I think we need to keep talking. I ask why - I have nothing to say - I'm just enjoying the world. So he tells me this area is full of bears and we were on the side of the wind that tells them food is near!! Well you can bet I started talking, singing, laughing - anything. I found out why hikers use those bells!!! Oh I so want you to go on this trip - I want to go too!!
 
Cathleen said:
LMAO!!!

Today you have given me the best laugh!! I love bears - they are my favorite animal. While in Alaska my friend and I were walking up Portage Glacier - on the other side of the stream (only about 150feet wide) was a black bear following us step for step. Of course I didn't notice but he did and knew not to tell me cuz I'd freak! But I didn't we just watched him climb a rocky hill -

Another day we were hiking up a hill - about 1500' elevation (on Kodiak) and just chatting off and on. We got quiet (I know you think I am never quiet lol and he knows I am hardly ever quiet) so he says, I think we need to keep talking. I ask why - I have nothing to say - I'm just enjoying the world. So he tells me this area is full of bears and we were on the side of the wind that tells them food is near!! Well you can bet I started talking, singing, laughing - anything. I found out why hikers use those bells!!! Oh I so want you to go on this trip - I want to go too!!

Today I remember those bells. We saw the bear on our 3rd day there. Before that we had hiked in the woods, but after that we got bells! It was only the first sighting of a bear that year.
 
done_got_old said:
Today I remember those bells. We saw the bear on our 3rd day there. Before that we had hiked in the woods, but after that we got bells! It was only the first sighting of a bear that year.
Today I remember while at Denali we went to a talk - about what to do if you see certain animals. You never run from a bear but you always run from a moose!
 
Cathleen said:
Today I remember while at Denali we went to a talk - about what to do if you see certain animals. You never run from a bear but you always run from a moose!

Today I ask you have you ever been near a moose? Those things are big and can run! I would never out run one and now that I'm old, I don't think I could climb a tree to get away! lol
 
done_got_old said:
Today I ask you have you ever been near a moose? Those things are big and can run! I would never out run one and now that I'm old, I don't think I could climb a tree to get away! lol
Today I say yes I have seen moose and they say if you do see one you are WAY too close!!!
 
~Elizabeth~ said:
Today I say prayers for some friends in need and hope it all works out.
Today I will add Elizabeth's friends to my prayer list too.

:rose:
 
Today I say hello to all of the Todayers....I have missed you....things have been very busy here....kids are home safe and sound !!!! And Satan's child has had her birthday !!!!!!! Now she is 6....going on 36 !!!!! Hugsssssss to all !!!! :rose:
 
The Temptress said:
Today I say hello to all of the Todayers....I have missed you....things have been very busy here....kids are home safe and sound !!!! And Satan's child has had her birthday !!!!!!! Now she is 6....going on 36 !!!!! Hugsssssss to all !!!! :rose:
Today I am SO VERY GLAD that the kids are home safely!! I hope you are breathing easier now Tempie!! Missed you........
:rose:
 
Today I will be wading through paperwork for Medicare.......and standing in a queue for ages I guess :rolleyes:

Today I also get to have coffee and a chat with a lovely Lit lady (who Gil drools over everytime we visit her pic thread....ok I do it too, and she knows it! :D )
 
done_got_old said:
Today is the first time I've heard of green tea ice cream.........at least I think it is. I'll have to look for it.

Lactaid - never leave home without it.

Today - I thought it was funny that I should receive this green tea ice cream recipe in email after it being talked about yesterday. Here you go if you would like it.

Green Tea Ice Cream

This rich, classic Japanese dessert is a perfect marriage of thick cream with the mild astringent taste of a Japanese green tea, preferably a spiderleg or gyokuro. Spending a little extra for the best tea really makes a difference in the final product. A wooden spoon is important to avoid infusing the ice cream with the taste of a metal spoon.

About 10 1-scoop servings

1 heaping teaspoon green tea leaves
1 cup cold spring water
5 large egg yolks
¾ cup sugar
1 cup half and half
2 cups whipping cream
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
½ teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
Pinch of freshly ground nutmeg

1. Brew green tea leaves in cold spring water for about 30 minutes to best extract the green tea flavor. Remove leaves; cover and refrigerate.
2. Whisk the egg yolks in a medium-size saucepan until creamy yellow, then add the sugar a little bit at a time, whisking slowly. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, combine the half and half with 1 cup of the whipping cream, stirring gently with a wooden spoon. Cook over low heat just until tiny bubbles form around the edge of the inside of the pan. Reduce the temperature and cook about 10 minutes, continuing to stir.
4. Next, combine the egg mixture with the cream. To avoid curdling the eggs, pour the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks very slowly, cooking over low heat. Stir constantly, until the mixture coats the spoon. Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla. Allow to cool slightly, then pour into a large glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate about 4 hours.
5. Remove the chilled mixture from the refrigerator. Stir in the chilled tea liquor, lemon zest and nutmeg. Beat the remaining cup of whipping cream into stiff peaks and gently fold into chilled mixture. Pour into an electric ice cream maker and freeze, following manufacturer’s directions.


Recipe from "The Book of Green Tea" by Diana Rosen (Storey Publishing, 2000)
 
Cathleen said:
Today I say hi to you Toni - isn't that a funny coincidence!!

Today I have to agree.

Today I think I am going to turn in. I am still rather tired from the medical procedure I had today.

Today I wish everyone good fun, good health, peace, love and may tomorrow be even better than today!
 
tonitits said:
Today I have to agree.

Today I think I am going to turn in. I am still rather tired from the medical procedure I had today.

Today I wish everyone good fun, good health, peace, love and may tomorrow be even better than today!
Tonight I wish you a peaceful rest Toni ........ glad the day is done for you.

I'm heading to bed myself - too tired to think anymore!
:rose:
 
Today I found a recipe for green tea ice cream in my email!

Today I pondered monogamy, pissed off a friend I am worried about, washed clothes, washed dishes, took a shower, missed pumpkin man a bit, thought a lot about a sort of new career, and didn't get the house clean, yikes
 
Today i went int omy work to visit a few of my friends and patients , today i had a small caraccitend , today i messed up my back a bit more i think ,yet today im still in good spirits
 
Back
Top