Today I .........

Today I found a good temporary home for the two abandoned dogs we rescued on Christmas Eve.
 
done_got_old said:
Thanks Joey...........a litster sent it to me.

Today I'm wondering in what universe does that even remotely resemble licking a dick. Must be the reward for a well licked dick.;)
 
Denae said:
Today I'm wondering in what universe does that even remotely resemble licking a dick. Must be the reward for a well licked dick.;)
Today Denae you must know that we do more than lick them in Lickadick!
 
Today has been a long day - I'm tired in so many ways and my soul aches for those dealing first hand with the tsunami disaster. Disaster doesn't seem a strong enough word to me......


And DGO, that sure is one heck of an AV! ;)
 
Cathleen said:
Today has been a long day - I'm tired in so many ways and my soul aches for those dealing first hand with the tsunami disaster. Disaster doesn't seem a strong enough word to me......


And DGO, that sure is one heck of an AV! ;)

Today the disaster is on the minds of a lot of people. It makes me appreciate the people I worked with this summer in the earthquake lab. Perhaps one day their work will make a difference.


......so you like the new av? Thanks.
 
Today I feel the same way as both Cate and DGO do. There doesn't seem to be a word to capture the true tragedy of so many lives lost and damage that will be felt for years. My heart cries.
 
Denae said:
Today I feel the same way as both Cate and DGO do. There doesn't seem to be a word to capture the true tragedy of so many lives lost and damage that will be felt for years. My heart cries.

Today I heard a reference to the worse tsunami in history; Portugal in 1755.
 
done_got_old said:
Today I heard a reference to the worse tsunami in history; Portugal in 1755.

Today, I wonder how they can accurately compare the two-considering the technological advances, the composite of any buildings, and the population differences.
 
Denae said:
Today, I wonder how they can accurately compare the two-considering the technological advances, the composite of any buildings, and the population differences.

I agree, but in 1755, 60,000 people died. Considering the population it was probably a larger percentage of the population. I didn't do any research on tsunamis this summer when I was working in the earthquake lab, but I'm sure Dr. S has some.
 
done_got_old said:
I agree, but in 1755, 60,000 people died. Considering the population it was probably a larger percentage of the population. I didn't do any research on tsunamis this summer when I was working in the earthquake lab, but I'm sure Dr. S has some.
Wow I am completely blown away.
 
Today I say I studied Geology and know a bit about Earth Quakes and I further say those people had no warning.. None at all..

They didn't have a chance.
 
Nightbird said:
Today I say I studied Geology and know a bit about Earth Quakes and I further say those people had no warning.. None at all..

They didn't have a chance.

Today, that's what makes it so awful. I read something online today that said some city on one of the Hawaiian Islands would have perhaps 3 hours' notice if something of this magnitude hit--that's all fine and good if it's true (same size quake, same distance out, etc.), but 3 hours isn't very much time and these poor people had no chance. I just can't imagine all of the families literally swept away from one another or holding on to a pole with your friend and one loses their grip and is gone. Drowning is such a horrible way to die.
 
Today I had a really short day at work...two whole hours...might have to sell my body to pay the rent :D
 
Today, I realized, I slept through my birthday yesterday after pulling another mega-shift.... though upon awakening last night/this morn had a card by my beside from my liver thanking me for the abuse it did not receive... though after being up for almost 2 days, my body sent along black ballons and a message that it was ready to do a walk out strike on me!!!!!!!

Hello TO-Day People
 
Back
Top