What's for dinner?

What a the recipe for the meatloaf?
I like mine pretty tame
80/20 hamburger
A medium onion diced small
1 egg for each lb of meat
Garlic powder
Onion powder
Marjoram
Salt and pepper
1/4c ketchup
2T mustard
Some binder.... oats panko corn glajes crackers whatever

Form and bake at 350 until done

I dont measure...i put stuff in but feel and looks
It is delicious

There is a recipe thread i started.... hang on will get u the link

Btw
I dont put ketchup or bbq sauce on top--- feel free

***Called the daily grind recipe club****
 
I also have a couple steaks i could cook

Don't ask me, cook something for dinner. Post pics, THEN plan for next Sunday.

You guys think I cook like this off the cuff? Ok, so maybe I do sometimes, but not most of the time. Instead I plan.

For instance, next week I'm debating Chicken Marsala or Chicken Carbonara. I'll decide by Wednesday and shop for the things I don't have but need. Which I decide on will depend on how much energy and time I think I'll have on Sunday.

I also have fish in the freezerator plus rice, eggs, and cheese. So a cheesy rice/fish casserole is an option if the time/energy equation is flashing red.
 
Don't ask me, cook something for dinner. Post pics, THEN plan for next Sunday.

You guys think I cook like this off the cuff? Ok, so maybe I do sometimes, but not most of the time. Instead I plan.

For instance, next week I'm debating Chicken Marsala or Chicken Carbonara. I'll decide by Wednesday and shop for the things I don't have but need. Which I decide on will depend on how much energy and time I think I'll have on Sunday.

I also have fish in the freezerator plus rice, eggs, and cheese. So a cheesy rice/fish casserole is an option if the time/energy equation is flashing red.
I enjoy baking more
I tend to cook pretty plainly
I wish i could trade
 
I enjoy baking more
I tend to cook pretty plainly
I wish i could trade

I bake too. I make dessert for Sunday as well as snacks throughout the week.

This evening's dessert is a play on a Paris Brest. I made a yellow cake instead of making Pate Choux and filled it with orange flavored whipped cream. I topped with more of the cream.

I bake tarts, pies, cakes, cookies, EVIL brownies, and more. Other than Sunday dinner, most of my meals are like your meatloaf, which is almost identical to my recipe except for the marjoram. No ketchup on top, no bacon, no extras, because none of those taste good on a cold meatloaf sandwich.
 
I bake too. I make dessert for Sunday as well as snacks throughout the week.

This evening's dessert is a play on a Paris Brest. I made a yellow cake instead of making Pate Choux and filled it with orange flavored whipped cream. I topped with more of the cream.

I bake tarts,
I bake too. I make dessert for Sunday as well as snacks throughout the week.

This evening's dessert is a play on a Paris Brest. I made a yellow cake instead of making Pate Choux and filled it with orange flavored whipped cream. I topped with more of the cream.

I bake tarts, pies, cakes, cookies, EVIL brownies, and more. Other than Sunday dinner, most of my meals are like your meatloaf, which is almost identical to my recipe except for the marjoram. No ketchup on top, no bacon, no extras, because none of those taste good on a cold meatloaf sandwich.
I just put a touch.... if i have any.....
I am not great at pies
I am great at cookies...my new fave is white chocolate cashew and i have a delicious choc cake recipe.... chocolate-y and moist.... yum
It is hard because i live alone... i cook for my parents too but my dad is on dialysis and diabetic. I have worked hard to convert to be ok for him..... king arthur keto flour is a game changer.... i make a delicious quick breads for him
 
I just put a touch.... if i have any.....
I am not great at pies
I am great at cookies...my new fave is white chocolate cashew and i have a delicious choc cake recipe.... chocolate-y and moist.... yum
It is hard because i live alone... i cook for my parents too but my dad is on dialysis and diabetic. I have worked hard to convert to be ok for him..... king arthur keto flour is a game changer.... i make a delicious quick breads for him
Pies are pretty simple when you get explained the process. Pie School by Kate Lebo, really helped me understand it.

I have been told I make a "perfect pie" multiple times. Between that book, some random guy on YouTube, and Paula Deen's recipe I made my perfect crust recipe.
 
Pies are pretty simple when you get explained the process. Pie School by Kate Lebo, really helped me understand it.

I have been told I make a "perfect pie" multiple times. Between that book, some random guy on YouTube, and Paula Deen's recipe I made my perfect crust recipe.
I use a trick where i heat a cookie sheet in the oven and then put the uncooked pie in the oven so it gets a crspy crust.
I will check out pie school
My grandma was GREAT at pies
 
I use a trick where i heat a cookie sheet in the oven and then put the uncooked pie in the oven so it gets a crspy crust.
I will check out pie school
My grandma was GREAT at pies
I am going to PM you my secret about making a crispy crust. Don't tell a soul, promise? 😆
 
It is hard because i live alone...

I cook for a max of 2.

Check out how to make a galette for a "pie" substitute. I'm starting to use a hybrid cross between a pate sucree (sweet crust) which uses an egg for moisture and "American" pie crust which uses water. I omit the egg, use the water for moisture, and add the sugar.

The dough is very sticky and hard to handle but it makes, if I may say so myself, a PERFECT galette crust.

20260607_172301.jpg
 
I cook for a max of 2.

Check out how to make a galette for a "pie" substitute. I'm starting to use a hybrid cross between a pate sucree (sweet crust) which uses an egg for moisture and "American" pie crust which uses water. I omit the egg, use the water for moisture, and add the sugar.

The dough is very sticky and hard to handle but it makes, if I may say so myself, a PERFECT galette crust.

View attachment 2639441
Looks yum rasberry cream cheese for filling ?
 
1000013869.jpg
Rebel soul has some.good squirrel he hit on interstate 84.if you act now, he's got a cold Michelob.Lite if you our base three

His food truck is still sitting at the bottom of possum Creek, but he's got some great deals.
 
I’m thinking a vegetable salad topped with chicken tenders, left over Greek dressing plus some leftover Greek oven potatoes. Litchis for dessert.
 
Yum.... i know a few people on here are cooks /bakers.....
I like to bake for others i am getting pretty good at adjusted recipes for people who cant have certain things

The EVIL Brownies have walnuts and cherries inside. For those who can't have nuts, I put the green cocktail cherries on them (they're mint flavored. Walmart usually stocks them or you can order them on the internet) and put chocolate chips inside. Easy to tell apart.

I don't make gluten free anything. If that's your allergy you have no business eating baked goods in the first place.
 
Back
Top