What's for dinner?

The wings aren't Hooters. They closed here in town. I cooked 'em. I use the sauce sometimes but it doesn't taste at all like real Hooters. These weren't crispy enough. There's like a 1 minute window between crispy and burnt to hell. Lol. :)
I imagine artificial Hooters taste like silicone... 😖
 
I'm trying to decide if I'd like to venture to the Italian place for supper tonight. That salad last week was pretty damned good, as was the cute waitress whom I overtipped. Hmmm, maybe . . . .
 
I'm trying to decide if I'd like to venture to the Italian place for supper tonight. That salad last week was pretty damned good, as was the cute waitress whom I overtipped. Hmmm, maybe . . . .

I'm having difficulty making a decent lemon filling for Lemon Bars. My tried and true recipe failed, twice. I've spent the last few days making lemon this and that trying to get something that doesn't taste stale and/or flat.

I'm now at the point where I can't taste anything other than awful lemon goo no matter what I'm eating. So Sunday might end up being fruit and whipped cream for dessert. I'm going to give it 1 more try and hope I don't puke.
 
I'm having difficulty making a decent lemon filling for Lemon Bars. My tried and true recipe failed, twice. I've spent the last few days making lemon this and that trying to get something that doesn't taste stale and/or flat.

I'm now at the point where I can't taste anything other than awful lemon goo no matter what I'm eating. So Sunday might end up being fruit and whipped cream for dessert. I'm going to give it 1 more try and hope I don't puke.


Here is hoping that you get it sorted out. If you would like, I can ask my cook friend on the other board to fork up her lemon stuff recipe. Let me know.
 
Here is hoping that you get it sorted out. If you would like, I can ask my cook friend on the other board to fork up her lemon stuff recipe. Let me know.

I have 2 batches. Neither is perfect but both are tasty and workable with a little massaging. 1 is a traditional style Lemon Curd and the other is a Lemon pie filling made from a simple sugar syrup thickened with cornstarch and the lemon juice was added after it cooled. It's very translucent and soft like whipped cream. The flavor is very bright and fruity which is what it's supposed to taste like. I'd prefer it to be a tad thicker but it is what it is.

Either should work but, as the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding, or Lemon bars in this particular case.

Tomorrow I'll make/bake the crumb crust and cream cheese base layer - 2 batches. Once that cools, the lemon layer goes on top.

We may still be having fruit and whipped cream on Sunday anyway. It will depend on how well the curd and pie filling does what they're supposed to do.
 
I have 2 batches. Neither is perfect but both are tasty and workable with a little massaging. 1 is a traditional style Lemon Curd and the other is a Lemon pie filling made from a simple sugar syrup thickened with cornstarch and the lemon juice was added after it cooled. It's very translucent and soft like whipped cream. The flavor is very bright and fruity which is what it's supposed to taste like. I'd prefer it to be a tad thicker but it is what it is.

Either should work but, as the saying goes, the proof is in the pudding, or Lemon bars in this particular case.

Tomorrow I'll make/bake the crumb crust and cream cheese base layer - 2 batches. Once that cools, the lemon layer goes on top.

We may still be having fruit and whipped cream on Sunday anyway. It will depend on how well the curd and pie filling does what they're supposed to do.

Meanwhile, I had a tomato for supper.
 
Meanwhile, I had a tomato for supper.

Tonight was raid the refrigerator night.

I had cottage cheese mid-afternoon and, later, a bowl of oatmeal with raisins plus 2 glasses of milk.

Not going to divulge how many lemon bars I had but rumor has it that it was more than 2. OTOH, any rat who tells Mr. MorningStar that I have fresh Lemon Bars will end up with a room in The Hotel basement.

What?

Oh, sorry Mr. MorningStar, I was just letting a certain group of rats know what to expect after they arrive...
 
Last edited:
I'm on a healthier way to eat lifestyle lately;

Chicken patty covered in marinara sauce, topped with cut spinach and shredded Colby Jack ❣️

500 calories, mostly fats (about 250 calories of just fat), and you'll be hungry in 2 hours.

Cheese is 8 g fat.
The chicken patty is 6 g fat.
Sauce is 1-5 g fat depending on how much oil is in it and how much sauce you put on your patty.



OTOH,

1 1/2 cups of rice made with unsalted chicken stock = 215 calories, 1.6 g fat, 46 g carbs, 5 g protein and you won't feel hungry for hours. Add in egg whites from 2 eggs, or baked chicken breast and it goes to...

Egg whites = 34 calories, 7 g protein, 0.5 g carbs, 0.1 g fat
Chicken breast = 140 calories, 30 g protein, 3 g fat.

Top off with some fresh fruit if you still need more food. Spices add no calories with the flavor they bring to the table.

That's "eating healthy."


You can ask AI for the formula to calculate your minimum daily calorie requirements based on your age, weight, activity level, etc. Break that down into amounts for various meals and base your food intake on that. Weigh and log EVERYTHING so that you're not guessing until you know what the calories and fats and protein numbers are for what you're eating.

Some tips:

You should be eating 150 g protein daily including fruit as a snack for fiber and to help keep your blood sugar steady.
500 calories less than your minimum daily calorie requirement will equal 1 lb per week weight loss without changing anything else.
You don't need to go to the gym (recommended anyway for good reasons - without it you lose both muscle and fat and you want to keep muscle), or take GLP-1 meds if you're in a 500 calories/day calorie deficit to lose weight.
DO take a daily multivitamin to ensure that your body has everything it needs.
By limiting what you eat at other meals, you can have almost anything you want including dessert as long as you keep it in moderation.
 
Last edited:
500 calories, mostly fats (about 250 calories of just fat), and you'll be hungry in 2 hours.

Cheese is 8 g fat.
The chicken patty is 6 g fat.
Sauce is 1-5 g fat depending on how much oil is in it and how much sauce you put on your patty.



OTOH,

1 1/2 cups of rice made with unsalted chicken stock = 215 calories, 1.6 g fat, 46 g carbs, 5 g protein and you won't feel hungry for hours. Add in egg whites from 2 eggs, or baked chicken breast and it goes to...

Egg whites = 34 calories, 7 g protein, 0.5 g carbs, 0.1 g fat
Chicken breast = 140 calories, 30 g protein, 3 g fat.

Top off with some fresh fruit if you still need more food. Spices add no calories with the flavor they bring to the table.

That's "eating healthy."


You can ask AI for the formula to calculate your minimum daily calorie requirements based on your age, weight, activity level, etc. Break that down into amounts for various meals and base your food intake on that. Weigh and log EVERYTHING so that you're not guessing until you know what the calories and fats and protein numbers are for what you're eating.

Some tips:

You should be eating 150 g protein daily including fruit as a snack for fiber and to help keep your blood sugar steady.
500 calories less than your minimum daily calorie requirement will equal 1 lb per week weight loss without changing anything else.
You don't need to go to the gym (recommended anyway), or take GLP-1 meds if you're in a 500 calories/day calorie deficit.
DO take a daily multivitamin to ensure that your body has everything it needs.
By limiting what you eat at other meals, you can have almost anything you want including dessert as long as you keep it in moderation.
I said healthier... Meaning better than what I used to eat. Not just "eating healthy".
Thanks for the advice..
 
I said healthier... Meaning better than what I used to eat. Not just "eating healthy".
Thanks for the advice..

I'm not trying to make you or anyone feel bad or chastise you over your dietary choices.

However, what you posted isn't "healthy" in any actual respect. It also costs more and gives you less for your dollar; a double whammy.

This woman gets it. Follow her for good, solid, dietary/health/fitness information for women

Again, I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad or point fingers. I post here what I cook and eat on Sunday's and that includes lots of food on the plate and dessert. Despite what luk and the other trolls will try to tell you, I'm not fat.

My stats: 6'6", 267lbs, 2xl shirts, 36" waist pants. My shirts are baggy in the mid section. I don't go to the gym, I do an hour of calisthenics in the morning in my living room 3 times per week, plus a 24 form Tai Chi routine daily.

Eating healthy isn't difficult, we just have to relearn how to do it because we were ALL taught wrong thanks to Betty Crocker.
 
Last edited:
Tuscan chicken AKA Marry Me Chicken, with pasta. Dessert is one of the troublemaker Lemon Bars with a quenelle of leftover Ermine Frosting on top.

20260906_181820.jpg


20260906_181825.jpg
 
Turned out being a couple of thighs, a tomato, and some walnuts. I'm becoming a balsamic vinegar fan for general tastiness and flavor, et cetera. If it's beef, then it's Worcestershire.
 
Back
Top