What's for dinner?

It's official. Supper tonight will be Out.


Probably Italian - it seems to be where we eat.
 
Enjoy your evening on the town.

I had breakfast this morning on the patio at a little cafe and spent over an hour eating, talking with staff and others, petted a couple of very nice dogs, and generally had a great time people watching.
 
Hotdogs.

On bread.

One was with homemade sauerkraut that has been in my fridge for close to a year.

The other was graced with processed cheese product that we like to call "American cheese." And mayo. And mustard.

It was ok.

I'd show you pics but I'm not that cruel.
 
Enjoy your evening on the town.

I had breakfast this morning on the patio at a little cafe and spent over an hour eating, talking with staff and others, petted a couple of very nice dogs, and generally had a great time people watching.


We had a very nice visit. We usually do. They have something called a Deluxe Salad on the menu and it comes in small and large, so Wat ordered the large one with oil and vinegar. It was pretty good and it felt like supper.
 
Imagine a world in which you took a slice of SPAM, fried it, and combined it with "American" cheese and two slices of bread smeared with bacon fat which were then similarly fried. And a sprinkling of a random seasoning you have lying about that goes well. You'd have a peek inside my brain.

Cream of Wheat mixed with two eggs, butter, salt and pepper are also quite tasty.

Anybody here a fan of vegemite or marmite? Or fish sauce? These are ingredients that I don't believe are common additions to the average American's repertoire but I like them.
 
If you like it, you like it.


Wat made hisse'f a sammich. Potato bread, toasted, mustard and Bellman's, ham, hard salami, and provolone. And a kosher dill spear.
 
If you like it, you like it.


Wat made hisse'f a sammich. Potato bread, toasted, mustard and Bellman's, ham, hard salami, and provolone. And a kosher dill spear.

In case you need to stab the legendary Chucacabra what's trying to steal your sammich.

<-- wrote a story once about a Hopi Indian gal with a sammich shop in Phoenix. One of the menu items was a Chucacabra sandwich. Eventually she listened to the Kachinas and saved the FBI guy, who was trying like blazes to get hisself into trouble out in the Sonora desert, just so she could marry him. Her character was loosely modeled after Lozen, which is a great story in itself.
 
Last edited:
Sunday again.

Confit Byaldi in a fire roasted tomato and pepper base covered in Parmesan with Italian Sausage. Dessert is a yellow triple layer cake with Ermine Frosting.

20260830_175937.jpg

20260828_151423.jpg

20260830_180124.jpg

There was a couple slices of sourdough to go with, but, I ate them while setting the table and taking the pics. My bad.

Confit Byaldi is the version of Ratatouille that was in the cartoon. True Ratatouille is more of a vegetable stew but that's not elevated enough for a "date night" Sunday dinner. Confit Byaldi was developed by Michelin Starred Chef, Michel Guérard in 1976 as a more refined version of the classic dish.

Ermine frosting is a buttercream frosting. It's made by heating sugar, flour, and cream until it thickens. Once cooled it's added to whipped butter along with some vanilla and whipped until stiff peaks and the mixture is silky smooth.

It doesn't do well in high heat so it has to be kept refrigerated but it's less sweet than other buttercreams.
 
Last edited:
That's not dinner ... that's a space station.

Hooters. I'm just sayin'. Not arguing, mind you. I've thought about visiting Hooters. The local grocery establishment has decided they're too risque.
The wings aren't Hooters. They closed here in town. I cooked 'em. I use the sauce sometimes but it doesn't taste at all like real Hooters. These weren't crispy enough. There's like a 1 minute window between crispy and burnt to hell. Lol. :)
 
Back
Top