🎵 Monthly Song Challenge 🎵

Day (had to check) 27: A song from the 2020s.

Now. I know what you are thinking but look past their 'look' and you'll find a very accomplished band. Great cover too.

Oh damn I didn't know they still made new music. This was great! And quite psychedelic :love:
I hope they put out a full album soon. Been living off of this EP for a while now. Lol

I just went down a Tim Buckley(father of Jeff Buckley) original artist to sing/write this song rabbit hole btw. 🕳

Day 27: A song from the 2020s with flowers!
Roses was an album of duets between the Australian band The Paper Kites and various artists they love. Mariana Brito da Cruz Forjaz Secca, who records as MARO, is a Portuguese artist. She has a beautiful, warm voice -- I say this a lot, but go listen to her NPR Tiny Desk Concert. NPR does a wonderful job of showcasing artists in a way you don't see anymore. Together, you get a lovely, quiet, introspective song.

"Flowers underneath us now
Towers underneath us now
We walk above the city
You and I"

"Walk Above the City," The Paper Kites and MARO

Closing out this theme, I found we sang less about flowers as we went along. I am not sure if the metaphors got too shallow, or the image was seen as trite and sentimental, or we just moved away from looking out and spent more time looking in. It was an interesting experiment.

Day 27: A song from the 2020s with flowers!
Roses was an album of duets between the Australian band The Paper Kites and various artists they love. Mariana Brito da Cruz Forjaz Secca, who records as MARO, is a Portuguese artist. She has a beautiful, warm voice -- I say this a lot, but go listen to her NPR Tiny Desk Concert. NPR does a wonderful job of showcasing artists in a way you don't see anymore. Together, you get a lovely, quiet, introspective song.

"Flowers underneath us now
Towers underneath us now
We walk above the city
You and I"

"Walk Above the City," The Paper Kites and MARO

Closing out this theme, I found we sang less about flowers as we went along. I am not sure if the metaphors got too shallow, or the image was seen as trite and sentimental, or we just moved away from looking out and spent more time looking in. It was an interesting experiment.
Sometimes I appreciate the bonus challenges and sometimes I just go with what feels comfortable. Lately I've been waiting until the morning of the prompt to find a song. Decades week starts out reminding me of past artists I have stopped listening to and by the end of the week I have found new ones.

Decades week is my favorite with or without the bonus challenges. ❤️ Thank you @morelikeasong

Day 27: A song from the 2020's
Keeping with my personal theme of "songs that have been stuck in my head lately."
"Welcome to the Internet" - Bo Burnham
I think this one takes the cake on which song have I sung most in the shower. The evil laughter is FANTASTIC! It's so much fun trying to invent variations on it that still fits the song. Outdoing myself again and again until my SO threatens to call the men in white jackets.. :love:

Inside is one of the best things to be released, ever.

Sometimes I appreciate the bonus challenges and sometimes I just go with what feels comfortable. Lately I've been waiting until the morning of the prompt to find a song. Decades week starts out reminding me of past artists I have stopped listening to and by the end of the week I have found new ones.

Decades week is my favorite with or without the bonus challenges. ❤️ Thank you @morelikeasong
I enjoy the extra challenge, even when boobs aren't involved, and I am very boob motivated. But especially challenges like this make me dig through my LPs and CDs and occasionally cassettes that I haven't converted to digital, or even thought of in years. (It is possible I take this thread too seriously...)

Because of the time zone issue, I am usually on when mlas posts the theme at night. She used to post when she got a chance in the morning for her, but she has been posting in time for midnight in Australia, because she is a kind and benevolent monarch.

Quite beautiful as well...

Last edited:
Day 27: A song from the 20s

Aurora dropped a new album last month and it's.... perfection. She is just incredible.
She's an alien, a mystery, and the music she makes is singular, unique. I can't get enough.

I'm in love.

Aurora - Starvation

Oh, that's a good one.

Day 27: A song from the 20s

I find 1920s music to be soothing and cozy. The vocals are frequently a bit odd to modern standards but I like that.

Here I am, lonely
Tired and lonely
Crying for home in vain
Just like a butterfly that's caught in the rain

Longing for flowers
Dreaming of hours
Back in the sun-kissed lane

Just like a butterfly that's caught in the rain

Annette Hanshaw - Just Like A Butterfly

I think our goddess might be on vacation, and I hope she's having the time of her life 💕

I hope I'm not over-stepping here, @morelikeasong , but I really love this thread and don't want it to break this wonderful pace. So, I'll shamelessly take it on myself to suggest a topic. I'll accept any punishment coming my way if this is considered blasphemous.

In the spirit of the Olympics!

Day 28: A song about, or mentioning, sports

I think our goddess might be on vacation, and I hope she's having the time of her life 💕

I hope I'm not over-stepping here, @morelikeasong , but I really love this thread and don't want it to break this wonderful pace. So, I'll shamelessly take it on myself to suggest a topic. I'll accept any punishment coming my way if this is considered blasphemous.
The last time I did this I was expecting a spanking.
What I got was a beheading.

Good luck to you.

Back