2009 Survivor Poetry Challenge: Discussion and Announcements

Good thing you didn't get 13! :D

Fools rush in where Angelines fear to tread. :p

(If you only knew my totally ridiculous reason for choosing four...)

Say, Anna-banana I think if you had an old piece of artwork and you changed it in some way, well then it would be a new piece of artwork. Leastways, I think so.

Fools rush in where Angelines fear to tread. :p

(If you only knew my totally ridiculous reason for choosing four...)

Say, Anna-banana I think if you had an old piece of artwork and you changed it in some way, well then it would be a new piece of artwork. Leastways, I think so.

Thanks Laruen and Ange-- I was thinking about messing around with some old photos back when I took more interesting ones. But I took some new domestic photos and might play around with them.... it is a good excuse to make me get out there and be artsy again. Maybe I will scribble a masterpiece of crayons and colored pencils.
;)

Thanks Laruen and Ange-- I was thinking about messing around with some old photos back when I took more interesting ones. But I took some new domestic photos and might play around with them.... it is a good excuse to make me get out there and be artsy again. Maybe I will scribble a masterpiece of crayons and colored pencils.
;)

I was working on a new illustrated poem last night. My photoshoping skills have seriously deteriorated! (And no I'm not submitting the poem yet cause I hate the way it came out!)

The first one. :eek:

are you scared that I have gotten to know you so well?

Did you know Townes VanZandt had electro-compulsive therapy? I was researching last night, looking for something about the topic that might inspire me and I am SO EXCITED!!! Poor guy and all, but great poem material for a tough trigger. He is one of my all time favorite people. I take him in small doses, I want him to be new to me forever.

are you scared that I have gotten to know you so well?

Did you know Townes VanZandt had electro-compulsive therapy? I was researching last night, looking for something about the topic that might inspire me and I am SO EXCITED!!! Poor guy and all, but great poem material for a tough trigger. He is one of my all time favorite people. I take him in small doses, I want him to be new to me forever.

It cracked me up that you got it on the first try. We've known each other for a looong time. Do you recall when I had a fab four avatar, into which I photoshopped myself as the fifth Beatle? Lol, I even had the collarless suit on. My daughter saw the photo and said "Mom, that is too weird," so I took it down. :D

I love Townes, and that news sucks. Sometimes I think Neil was right on that better to burn out than to fade away thing...

Now this is weird ...... I get email telling me someone has posted but when I tried to get in as usual I got access denied I can only presume it's something to do with that prat that keeps spamming. Now why don't they ban him? It's very worrying having to come in the back door not knowing if you are welcome or not!

Now this is weird ...... I get email telling me someone has posted but when I tried to get in as usual I got access denied I can only presume it's something to do with that prat that keeps spamming. Now why don't they ban him? It's very worrying having to come in the back door not knowing if you are welcome or not!
Laurel has probably just made all his posts invisible, instead of going through each thread deleting them one by one. But now that someone has posted something after he had, you won't have any more problems. ;)

Wow the power to make someone invisible! I could abuse that power in oh so many ways in all aspects of my life!

Question - both Centos and acrostics are listed as triggers - does this mean they must be somehow woven into one of the forms?

Someone wants blood!

Question - both Centos and acrostics are listed as triggers - does this mean they must be somehow woven into one of the forms?

Someone wants blood!

Only if you are as insane as Lauren. I did an acrostic as one of the easier forms, but the one cento I did I made a poet's choice. I was going to try a double acrostic inverted sonnet, but I realized it would make me crazy. Also would probably stink. I refuse to write a form that sounds like it should be an ice-skating move.

My first acrostic was poets choice and nobody even realised when it was posted!
I'm trying to write an erotic Ghazal hope they are allowed to be erotic he's got her tied by the ankles to the bed at the moment

Last edited:

Someone wants blood!

Yeah, seems that way, doesn't it? :) I decided I did not want to comb poems for lines to work into a form, so my first cento (the one using poets from here at Lit) is a Poet's Choice. I worked my acrostic (just regular one, so far) into my Limerick.

:cool:

Someone wants blood!

It means they must be somehow woven into one of the poems. May be forms, may be not. ;)

Say Lauren here's a question, but I bet I know the answer.

I wrote this V-day terzie, right? And I want to do it as an illustrated poem. I just think it'll work better that way. But even if I submit it today, I have no way of assuring it'll show up in new poems by the 25th. Does this mean I'm screwed for the bonus round if it doesn't? I could send you a copy of it, but I'm guessing that's not ok. Damnit, the illustration would make it better! Wish it didn't take so darn long to get the illustrated poems up.

I don't think mine are ever going to make it even though I've resubmitted sighhhhh which leaves me in a quandary because if I get through the rest I can't move on

I don't think mine are ever going to make it even though I've resubmitted sighhhhh which leaves me in a quandary because if I get through the rest I can't move on

Don't resubmit illustrated poems if you think it's taking too long. If you have changes you want to make, that's different, but it always takes a long time for them to be posted. My illustrated clerihew was submitted about three weeks before it showed up in the new poems. :)

Oh and you can always pm or email Laurel to make sure everything is ok with an illustrated or audio poem. They just take time.

Say Lauren here's a question, but I bet I know the answer.

I wrote this V-day terzie, right? And I want to do it as an illustrated poem. I just think it'll work better that way. But even if I submit it today, I have no way of assuring it'll show up in new poems by the 25th. Does this mean I'm screwed for the bonus round if it doesn't? I could send you a copy of it, but I'm guessing that's not ok. Damnit, the illustration would make it better! Wish it didn't take so darn long to get the illustrated poems up.

Post the poem here in this thread by the deadline and don't edit the post at any time after the deadline, and I'll accept it.

Post the poem here in this thread by the deadline and don't edit the post at any time after the deadline, and I'll accept it.

Fair enough. I'll put it here as soon as it's done and also submit it at the same time. Maybe I'll get lucky anyway and it'll show up in new poems before the deadline. Thanks for being so flexible. :)

Don't resubmit illustrated poems if you think it's taking too long. If you have changes you want to make, that's different, but it always takes a long time for them to be posted. My illustrated clerihew was submitted about three weeks before it showed up in the new poems. :)

Oh and you can always pm or email Laurel to make sure everything is ok with an illustrated or audio poem. They just take time.

It wasn't accepted first time I got a note saying it was never received although it's still sat here in my sent box

It wasn't accepted first time I got a note saying it was never received although it's still sat here in my sent box

Oh that sucks! Did you check to make sure they got it after you resent it? Lol, I never it trust it unless I know for sure they have it.

And you know if you want to post it here while you wait to for it to show up in the new poems list, I'm sure Lauren will let you count it as long as you don't make any changes after you post it. She's letting me do that with my terzanelle, so I'm sure she'll apply the same rule to others as well. You'd just need to put it in your post as an image.

Oh that sucks! Did you check to make sure they got it after you resent it? Lol, I never it trust it unless I know for sure they have it.

And you know if you want to post it here while you wait to for it to show up in the new poems list, I'm sure Lauren will let you count it as long as you don't make any changes after you post it. She's letting me do that with my terzanelle, so I'm sure she'll apply the same rule to others as well. You'd just need to put it in your post as an image.

That would be great and even if it's not allowed I think I will anyway I am getting fed up with nobody seeing it ! *goes to fiddle on photobucket*

Haiku Trigger 8

Gardenblooms.gif

Last edited:
Back