2009 Survivor Poetry Challenge: Discussion and Announcements

Hello, poets.

Sorry for the recent disappearance. Vacation time mixed in with an avalanche of work that hasn't cleared completely yet. I will attempt to get all the scorecards, scoreboard and immunities updated sometime over the next couple of days. :)

What have you all been up to? What have I missed?

Hello, poets.

Sorry for the recent disappearance. Vacation time mixed in with an avalanche of work that hasn't cleared completely yet. I will attempt to get all the scorecards, scoreboard and immunities updated sometime over the next couple of days. :)

Good to have you back oh mighty leader! Don't know what you've missed nobody tells me anything!

Hello, poets.

Welcome back!

In my limited experience here things seem pretty much usual, with summer doldrums mixed in.

I thought you had computer problems again, but vacation and work can do the same.
I suggested to one new entrant to track his/her score until you were able to get their scorecards up.

The scoreboard has finally been updated.

What happened to Pushkine? Why did he delete the entries from his scorecard? :(

Form frustration

I'm working on my Cinquain, and have a lot of 2 syllable words which are appropriate for my subject, but they're all trochees!

I'm so sorry (again!) :( I honestly thought it would be today and not last week. I'll get right on it.

So, my computer went on the fritz again. :rolleyes: Good news is that it's working once more. I will get on the ball now and will announce the winner before the end of the day! :D

Attention, Poets!

The final scoreboard has just been posted:

PM : www : 139 : UnderYourSpell
PM : www : 085 : EroticOrogeny
PM : www : 064 : lillygurl678
PM : www : 056 : Tristesse2
PM : www : 045 : annaswirls
PM : www : 034 : Middleagepoet
PM : www : 030 : LadynStFreknBed
PM : www : 024 : champagne1982
PM : www : 017 : Jack_Samuel
PM : www : 015 : Remec
PM : www : 014 : ShadowLor
PM : www : 010 : NorthernPA4U
PM : www : 008 : AChild
PM : www : 008 : PandoraGlitters
PM : www : 007 : Safe_Bet
PM : www : 006 : loganforester
PM : www : 005 : Angeline
PM : www : 003 : PrinceThelo
PM : www : 000 : asetmoonglow
PM : www : 000 : BlueFish11
PM : www : 000 : chipbutty
PM : www : 000 : CoyoteWalkingTr
PM : www : 000 : DastardlyOne
PM : www : 000 : Drewberry
PM : www : 000 : hellebore
PM : www : 000 : hmmnmm
PM : www : 000 : jclaw
PM : www : 000 : johnnieheart
PM : www : 000 : pushkine
PM : www : 000 : The_Fool
PM : www : 000 : VoluptuousValkyrie
PM : www : 000 : vrosej10
PM : www : 000 : Willow Rain

Last edited:
Congratulations, UnderYourSpell and everyone else who hung in there until the end. :rose:

I apologize for not being the best of hosts, and for the obvious errors of judgment in the way the challenge was set up. I'm hoping we can all come up with a better and more interesting format to continue this experience this year. :)

Please hold for the prizes, while I contact Laurel and Manu!

Congratulations Annie, EO, lillygurl, and Tess (and all y'all else, too).

Well done.

OOOO.. I am so glad to see you all make it to Survivor. Annie, phenomenal work, dear lady. EO, lilly and tess! Wonderful writing by all. Pushkine... even though you pulled your poemies, I know you are a survivor, too. Congrats!

Thankyou so much you guys just think I had to have a large boot up the posterior from TZ to even enter in the first place. For the most part I enjoyed it I liked the forms (well the majority some are right stinkers!) but I did find out that there are worse things than a Sestina! If and when the next challenge goes up I hope we do still get some forms. Hope you realise that EO started well behind everyone else and I had the advantage of not having to earn a living as well.

Is it over? Really? Where will I find inspiration now?

Seriously, a huge Thank You to Lauren for setting this whole challenge up and keeping it on track. Congratulations to Annie for her poetic fecundity (and winning) and to EO and lillygurl for staying the course - and to all the participants for some truly wonderful poetry.

Back