2009 Survivor Poetry Challenge: Immunities

The results of this week's immunity draw are: 06 - 19 - 21 - 25 - 32 - 37 - 39

We have two winners! They are hellebore and pushkine.

If you won, don't forget you need to make a post in this thread before next Wednesday at 7:30pm GMT, telling us what form/trigger combo you'll be using the immunity for. Otherwise, you lose it.

Uh, yahoo. Please dump (i.e. use my immunity for) form N (English or Spenserian sonnet) and trigger 4 (I'm tired of centos).

Thank you.

The results of this week's immunity draw are: 03 - 15 - 21 - 25 - 32 - 37 - 46

Very similar to last week's, actually. We have two winners. They are hellebore and pushkine.

If you won, don't forget you need to make a post in this thread before next Wednesday at 7:30pm GMT, telling us what form/trigger combo you'll be using the immunity for. Otherwise, you lose it.

This time, please chalk my immunity up for Form Y (Terza Rima) and Trigger 29 (phrase "lesbian counter-attacks").

Thx.

The results of this week's immunity draw are: 06 - 09 - 20 - 21 - 31 - 34 - 48

We have three winners! They're Safe_Bet, NorthernPA4U and PandoraGlitters.

I'd like to use my immunity for Trigger #8 (Illustrated #2) / Form "Y" (Terza Rima). Thanks.

The results of this week's immunity draw are: 02 - 05 - 22 - 25 - 27 - 39 - 41

We have two winners! They are PrinceThelo and Willow Rain.

The results of this week's immunity draw are: 13 - 23 - 26 - 27 - 37 - 47 - 49

We have lots of winners! They are Tristesse2, PrinceThelo, Willow Rain, hellebore, pushkine and Middleagepoet.

Thank you, God of Prime Numbers.¹

Please whack trigger 8 (Illustrated #2) for me, please. I'm through all the forms, so Poet's Choice (Z).

¹ Note that both 37 and 73 are prime and that 3+7=the number of beads in my Personal Abacus, a/k/a my fingers.

No, I am not a numerologist, but if this number keeps coming up I might reëvaluate that.

Sorry Aleksandr Sergeyevich, I really tried but I have to pick, for my form, the awful Onegin Stanza and trigger # 11.

(hope I'm not too late.)

Thank you, God of Prime Numbers.¹

Please whack trigger 8 (Illustrated #2) for me, please. I'm through all the forms, so Poet's Choice (Z).

¹ Note that both 37 and 73 are prime and that 3+7=the number of beads in my Personal Abacus, a/k/a my fingers.

No, I am not a numerologist, but if this number keeps coming up I might reëvaluate that.

You also have the possibility of instead whacking one of the forms for round 2, if you want to change your mind until next Wednesday.

The results of this week's immunity draw are: 03 - 05 - 14 - 19 - 24 - 38 - 40

We have two winners! They're jclaw and annaswirls.

The results of this week's immunity draw are: 03 - 05 - 14 - 19 - 24 - 38 - 40

We have two winners! They're jclaw and annaswirls.

Y- trigger #33

I know you haven't posted the results yet, but I'll take my April 8th Immunity in M-3. Audio poetry and Sestina.

I see lucky number 37 came up again on Wednesday's drawing, so please mark my immunity for Z-32 (poet's choice, "that's what jazz means to me").

Thanks.

I see lucky number 37 came up again on Wednesday's drawing, so please mark my immunity for Z-32 (poet's choice, "that's what jazz means to me").

Thanks.

you suck.

I am going to dig a hole in my backyard with that trigger.

heheh

:)

If you are really sad about not getting to use the jazz trigger, you can write mine. Ballad form please.
:kiss:

you suck.
I do.
I am going to dig a hole in my backyard with that trigger.

heheh

:)

If you are really sad about not getting to use the jazz trigger, you can write mine. Ballad form please.
:kiss:
Actually, I wrote a poem on that trigger quite some time ago, but I didn't like it.

It wasn't, though, in ballad form. But this is:
Relax your mind and groove yourself
To rhythms free and wild,
With Miles or Mingus off the beat
In syncopated style.

The melody is not a map—
It's just a mood you know.
For Bird, it's just a photograph
Of where he wants to go,

Here minor, here in major key,
Now loud, now soft and low.
Full orchestra, his saxophone,
His "Lady Face" alto.

There are so many geniuses
In jazz, I cannot count
How they have all influenced me.
Musician, I am not.

But if I had to pick just one,
Chet Baker would I choose,
Because all ballad poems should end
In heroin and booze.​
I hope that's enough stanzas. Kind of off the cuff.

The results of this week's immunity draw are: 05 - 09 - 18 - 23 - 31 - 37 - 39

Other than pushkine (congratulations:)), we have three winners! They're Safe_Bet, NorthernPA4U and hellebore.

Winning numbers for Lotto #1391 (Wednesday 22nd April 2009):
11 21 34 42 43 45 (20)

11 BlueFish11
11 UnderYourSpell
34 PandoraGlitters

Did I say you suck?

No royalties.

I do.
Actually, I wrote a poem on that trigger quite some time ago, but I didn't like it.

It wasn't, though, in ballad form. But this is:
Relax your mind and groove yourself
To rhythms free and wild,
With Miles or Mingus off the beat
In syncopated style.

The melody is not a map—
It's just a mood you know.
For Bird, it's just a photograph
Of where he wants to go,

Here minor, here in major key,
Now loud, now soft and low.
Full orchestra, his saxophone,
His "Lady Face" alto.

There are so many geniuses
In jazz, I cannot count
How they have all influenced me.
Musician, I am not.

But if I had to pick just one,
Chet Baker would I choose,
Because all ballad poems should end
In heroin and booze.​
I hope that's enough stanzas. Kind of off the cuff.

Back