a companion to 30 in 30

This is good, J. I can really relate to your subject though I only raised two children. But I remember so well those middle of the night feedings while I stared at the happy, shiny people on TV and felt like an alien in comparison to them. It's just a pleasure to see you writing again--you haven't lost your twisty, truthy gift at all. And I'm impressed that you're in the 30/30 thread. You go, mama! :)

PS I'm obsessed with Tim and Stacey and Clinton. The last two especially, I'm in love with. I want the bank card with the 5k and the hair appointment with Nick Arrojo. Lol. I tell Terry that every time I watch that show--that if I win the lottery I'ma go to New York for one of those $500 consultations with Nick. And I'll buy the right kind of jeans!

Welcome home. :rose:

Thanks Ange! It is a wonderful blurry time of life, to me it is all about sleep, which they all did last night praises be.

I love the shows, but am always thinking grrrr... you just threw away her "What TO Wear when your kid is home from school puking" outfit! I think it would be an awesome reality show to force Clinton, Stacey and Tim into parenthood for three days. Ruin all of their clothes. Make them mow the lawn in heels or a suit.

:)

Thanks for the welcome back! I do feel very rusty but figured better to just get back on the horse (not a reference to the drugs and blues thread) not to race or jump fences, just to ride.

~J

So you want us to nominate you for What Not To Wear, Ange? How cool would that be! I always imagined you as having a great sense of fashion, not sure you would qualify.

I was fortunate to have purchased an entire pre-worn maternity wardrobe from Craigslist (as I had given away everything remotely related to babies years ago) The maternity clothes were really cute! Sadly more stylish than my regular wardrobe. Lots more colors I never would have actually bought myself. I tend to wear denim, black, white! And now I feel more confident to actually grow up a bit in my wardrobe.

So you want us to nominate you for What Not To Wear, Ange? How cool would that be! I always imagined you as having a great sense of fashion, not sure you would qualify.

I was fortunate to have purchased an entire pre-worn maternity wardrobe from Craigslist (as I had given away everything remotely related to babies years ago) The maternity clothes were really cute! Sadly more stylish than my regular wardrobe. Lots more colors I never would have actually bought myself. I tend to wear denim, black, white! And now I feel more confident to actually grow up a bit in my wardrobe.

I'd love to go on What Not to Wear. They can have everything but my cashmere pea coat that I got for ten bucks at the thrift store. Ok, for 5k they can have that, too.

Craigslist, huh? I lurve Craigslist. I have a link to the Asheville Craigslist so I can look for apartments there--if I can ever afford to move. :cool:

Manipulatrix — your 30/30 poems are very sexy. I'm enjoying reading them a lot. And only 22 more to go!

Last edited:
I have an urge to write poems. My soul can't seem to release them right now. Is this what being blocked is? You have them all backing up behind some kind of wall, pounding, pummelling and then when you feel (like you need to cum --- ). Epiphany! It's like a feminine form of sexual disfunction, my puss wants to give it up, but no one's pushed the key buttons... :) Maybe I need another leg humping ... heehee..

I have an urge to write poems. My soul can't seem to release them right now. Is this what being blocked is? You have them all backing up behind some kind of wall, pounding, pummelling and then when you feel (like you need to cum --- ). Epiphany! It's like a feminine form of sexual disfunction, my puss wants to give it up, but no one's pushed the key buttons... :) Maybe I need another leg humping ... heehee..

I know what you mean. Usually during those periods I keep writing, just to make words in the journal, but it does feel like something has to "let loose" for the real stuff to spill.

Grab a tarp and head for the bistro, baby. We're all lying in wait for you in there.

bj

way to go kurt

speech speech

my favorite off hand was the cheese and chicken bit. yum!

I am trying to screw up the courage to attempt the craziness of entering the lunatic thread assayed here. Dare a pathetic novice actually think he could create a sonnet every day for thirty days? Might he need a companion bottle of cheap tequila as his muse? How much liquor would be necessary to suffer the slings and arrows?

No slings and arrows mate -anshucl

the 30 in 30 doesn't have an overseer. No one is watching over the thread with a silver hammer or a buzzer ready to strike you down. So I say let the arrows of your own fly. I read some of your stuff and it seems like you have a control issue. There is too much control for my "taste" join the thirty and get wacky.

the 30 in 30 doesn't have an overseer. No one is watching over the thread with a silver hammer or a buzzer ready to strike you down. So I say let the arrows of your own fly. I read some of your stuff and it seems like you have a control issue. There is too much control for my "taste" join the thirty and get wacky.

A control issue? Yup... ut thirty in thirty seems like such a jail sentence...like I said, I'm just screwing up my confidence. I will. I might try the sonnet thing because it's what I do. I get wacky other places, and I might here, too. Besides, maybe if Angie came at me with a silver hammer, I might like it.

Ditto. Congratulations, 4Degrees. You are an inspiration! How many times have you done this now? :::claps:::

And you are an inspiration too. Your 2-24 is awesome. I thought you'd be petering out about now, but you are just warming up apparently! Huge poem and very inventive.

I am trying to screw up the courage to attempt the craziness of entering the lunatic thread assayed here. Dare a pathetic novice actually think he could create a sonnet every day for thirty days? Might he need a companion bottle of cheap tequila as his muse? How much liquor would be necessary to suffer the slings and arrows?

If you do 30 new sonnets in 30 days then I reckon we should crown you king for a week and give you a special celebration over in the bistro (bijou's approval pending, of course).

Manipulatrix, where are you, where are all the poems — where are all your comments about your poems? Agggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Well done 4degrees — another 30/30 marathon successfully completed. Lots of good things in there as well.

thanks poets, achild--you all really kept me going. reading all the great poems posted these last 30 days has been wonderful.
this was my 17th try, but i think i've only made it all the way to 30 twelve times.
its a great excersize. i'll do it again sometime soon.
keep laying it down, poets!

love curt

Congratulations Curt! Twelve times??? That is insane!!! Awesome!

thanks poets, achild--you all really kept me going. reading all the great poems posted these last 30 days has been wonderful.
this was my 17th try, but i think i've only made it all the way to 30 twelve times.
its a great excersize. i'll do it again sometime soon.
keep laying it down, poets!

love curt

And you are an inspiration too. Your 2-24 is awesome. I thought you'd be petering out about now, but you are just warming up apparently! Huge poem and very inventive.

Thank you, Eluard. I feel like my pockets are empty by now so it is making me work hard, which is the point I suppose. I appreciate your taking the time to read and post.

And yeah, I miss Manipulatrix too.

Congratulations Curt! Twelve times??? That is insane!!! Awesome!

No kidding! I've accomplished that exactly once.

I've been thinking about death
its a goal of mine
not a goal like seeing the world
but a goal of mine

I must meet death in a way
that satisfies my disposition
just like how I must be successful
because of hard work

<snip>

This needs editing imo, but it has many really strong lines, and the way you've woven themes together is wonderful. I think you're closer to your concept of "loud" than you realize.

Back