a companion to 30 in 30

When I slack off, I don't get belly fat, I get moobs and I will pass on that, tyvm.

I can keep up with 30, but what I meant by it being exhausting was after the 30 days were up. I'm wrung out and cannot do any writing afterward other then editing the previous work if there is anything worth re-working.

However, I've seen Curt do back-to-back 30 in 30. :eek:!

Last edited:
Hey Remec, good to see you posting and MicahB this is gorgeous

"This is me singing through static,
pulling a piano out of the ice."

Just wow.

All you 30/30 poets are rockin' the joint right now.

I'm too old to dance with you (and out of town enough that I can't do an every day/every way poem). Loving all of yours, though.

• Dora, you are for me (as I hope you know) one of the very best poets here. Anyone who can write lines like
    whenever you pull clouds
    from your pockets

even when you stuff them back
    your shoes squeak a little
    is on my "Oh My God, I'd better crib from her" list.
  • Hey, Remec, it is good to read you again. Lines like
    The creaking of my window
    speaks more of the house's age
    than of the skill the replacements
    were installed with. They're firm.
    are lines I learn technique from.

In other words, good.
  • Oh, RedButterflySlut, I have to say it is not just the pink lips of your avatar that I am interested in--it is images like this:
    Her dark brunette ponytail swung like a hypnotist's watch.​
    Tick tock, tick tock.

Damn, that is a good line and image.
  • And, O, Micahb2 I am really liking your poems. Anyone who can channel mathematics
    The shadows of Prime numbers
    are the silhouette you throw
    when we meet on the street.

You pattern yourself after a
    rational that is irreducible
    down to the handling of

A fine-lined cup of tea.​
    into poems gains my A-1-OK.

You are rocking the house, sir (or madam, since you do not indicate your sex).
Carry on, people. This thread is now on my Must Read list.

• Oh, RedButterflySlut, I have to say it is not just the pink lips of your avatar that I am interested in--it is images like this:
    Tick tock, tick tock.

Wow, thankyou for the reply! It's lovely getting feedback, especially since I'm so new to it.

PandoraGlitters, your poem really has me curious. I want to know more about the meaning of it, which in my mind, is a sign of a very good poet.

Remec,
Piercing cry breaks through
and the world is a blur as
it's too cold getting up,
too bright taking a piss,
dressing without time to
match socks (let alone shirt
to pants) or grab proper
breaKfast. Feel like I'm chasing
rabbits again.
~~~
I absolutely loved this poem, there's such lovely rhythm to it. You're quite talented! The subtle Alice reference was nicely done, I can get a little tired of too many Alice in Wonderland references, but you did it so well and tastefully. :)

Tzara, the feeling is mutual. and RBS, which poem? They are all just what they are. Seashells and foam.

This is fun stuff. Thanks Neo for this challenge which makes it NaPoWriMo all year round if you wanna. Plus it is nice to have company so thanks for that.

Thanks Neo for this challenge which makes it NaPoWriMo all year round if you wanna.

My pleasure. I'm surprised thread is still around after all this time.

I may join in again in the near future since it helps me write something or anything even when I don't feel like it.

My pleasure. I'm surprised thread is still around after all this time.

I may join in again in the near future since it helps me write something or anything even when I don't feel like it.

Thanks for all the welcome backs and encouraging words, ev'ryone. :)

Writing when I don't feel like it is one of my primary motivators for returning to the 30 in 30 thread. I've allowed myself to get swept into too many time-killing pursuits and frames of mind and needed a little push to get moving once more.

Perhaps next week, I will begin a 31 in 31 short stories for the month of May. Just need to start herding up the plot bunnies. hehehe

:cool:

Perhaps next week, I will begin a 31 in 31 short stories for the month of May. Just need to start herding up the plot bunnies. hehehe

Now that would be a masochistic challenge there! Brutal. But I guess the stories could be first drafts that you could revise later. At least you'd have the basic story down. I hear you on plot bunnies a plenty though.

All you 30/30 poets are rockin' the joint right now.

I'm too old to dance with you (and out of town enough that I can't do an every day/every way poem). Loving all of yours, though.

• Dora, you are for me (as I hope you know) one of the very best poets here. Anyone who can write lines like
    whenever you pull clouds
    from your pockets

even when you stuff them back
    your shoes squeak a little
    is on my "Oh My God, I'd better crib from her" list.
  • Hey, Remec, it is good to read you again. Lines like
    The creaking of my window
    speaks more of the house's age
    than of the skill the replacements
    were installed with. They're firm.
    are lines I learn technique from.

In other words, good.
    Tick tock, tick tock.

• And, O, Micahb2 I am really liking your poems. Anyone who can channel mathematics
    The shadows of Prime numbers
    are the silhouette you throw
    when we meet on the street.

You pattern yourself after a
    rational that is irreducible
    down to the handling of

A fine-lined cup of tea.​
    into poems gains my A-1-OK.

You are rocking the house, sir (or madam, since you do not indicate your sex).
Carry on, people. This thread is now on my Must Read list.

a big welcome back to Remec :rose:

Tzara, can you link me to MicaB's poem/s? they look pretty interesting reading. :rose:

edited to say d'oh - just found some of them. :eek:

Last edited:
If I may butt in, I too have been reading the works in the 30 thread and it's really lots of great and rich stuff. Seemed like it went neglected then one night it exploded with so many beautiful blossoms. I thought about giving it go. Something about just getting into a head space that can get into a focus and feel, an avenue, a destination, well that's highly attractive. But 30 poems? That's a lot. So I'll kick back and watch and read and enjoy. Thanks.

If I may butt in, I too have been reading the works in the 30 thread and it's really lots of great and rich stuff. Seemed like it went neglected then one night it exploded with so many beautiful blossoms. I thought about giving it go. Something about just getting into a head space that can get into a focus and feel, an avenue, a destination, well that's highly attractive. But 30 poems? That's a lot. So I'll kick back and watch and read and enjoy. Thanks.

thinking ahead to thirty is daunting, hmmnmm - a comment tzara made sparked off my own posts there, but i'm not focusing on the whole, just each piece as it arrives :D

it's inspirational seeing others posting new writes there, and a delight to post amongst them.

It is really wonderful to be writing with so many people. Micah, dear, a delight. I feel I know you anew. CB I love your fifth poem. Keeper.

The dirty 30 is a challenge, Timhmmnmm. Give the seven in seven a go.

thinking ahead to thirty is daunting, hmmnmm - a comment tzara made sparked off my own posts there, but i'm not focusing on the whole, just each piece as it arrives :D

it's inspirational seeing others posting new writes there, and a delight to post amongst them.

Hm. Daunting. Sparks. Delight. Oh yeah.

The dirty 30 is a challenge, Timhmmnmm. Give the seven in seven a go.

Ah yes. Forgot the dirty 30. Now that would be a challenging task upon which to surmount. I do like the 7-7 setup. So many choices. So many rooms. So many doors. Gonna go for a walk. Nice long walk. The park. Ogle a few bouncy poetics. Who knows...?

Keep writing, you lovely wordsmiths and wordsmithstresses. :cool:

Pandora's last poem is full-figured, articulating at all the right angles. Wonderful.

My week has been a whirlwind, once more, so I am just going to write catch-up poems tomorrow. I know the idea was more of a daily thing, but simply developing at least a beginning framework of 30 within the scope of a month seems like a pretty decent challenge in, and of, itself.

Back