a companion to 30 in 30

A little something until you can afford to get away, must be right on the edge of Monument valley?

Thank you. It's just beautiful. :)

Eagleyez has been all through the western half of the USA, but I've only been to San Diego on the West Coast and nowhere in the Southwest and Mountain states. I've flown over them, but that's about it.

It is. If you never been in this region before, it should be on your bucket list. :rose:
Utah is one of the most beautiful places on earth. The state has a shitload of National Parks, all of which are lovely.

And what he's showing you, which I think is slickrock just outside of Zion NP, is not only beautiful, it's just a lead-in to the park itself.

Fly into SLC, rent an RV and drive south. I don't know that there is a state with more beauty, and I look out my bedroom window every day at Mt. Rainier, though with a somewhat attenuated view.

Utah is one of the most beautiful places on earth. The state has a shitload of National Parks, all of which are lovely.

And what he's showing you, which I think is slickrock just outside of Zion NP, is not only beautiful, it's just a lead-in to the park itself.

Fly into SLC, rent an RV and drive south. I don't know that there is a state with more beauty, and I look out my bedroom window every day at Mt. Rainier, though with a somewhat attenuated view.
...when a mountain floats

that picture, it doesn't even look real! for eyes unaccustomed to such extraordinary sights it torments the brain, makes it ask itself 'is this real?'

Thanks for the inspiration Tsotha...I have a weekly gaming night on Saturdays and was almost afraid of breaking my 30 streak since I'm leaving momentarily and will be out all night.

:cool:

Thanks for the inspiration Tsotha...I have a weekly gaming night on Saturdays and was almost afraid of breaking my 30 streak since I'm leaving momentarily and will be out all night.

:cool:

*scratches head*

Glad to be of service. :)

todski? - bang. bang. bang.

^that was your hammer just nailing your latest.

(though there's a qwerty in-joke that also lends dimension i won't go into here. H'll know what i mean, lol)

todski? - bang. bang. bang.

^that was your hammer just nailing your latest.

(though there's a qwerty in-joke that also lends dimension i won't go into here. H'll know what i mean, lol)

thanks a lot little lady

I guess it was also the sound of a nail being driven into a wall to display a special piece :)

Last edited:
Tsotha loving your work, great last 2 everyone is outdoing themselves! Glad to be writing alongside you all.

I haven't been able to post or focus on poetry. I've got a family medical emergency that's taking all of my focus. Please send my mister healing thoughts and I hope to poeticize with you wonderful people soon.
My 2-1 says it all. Thanks everyone for your positive thoughts. May the essence of the best this season brings invade your home and hearts.

Merry Christmas.

My 2-1 says it all. Thanks everyone for your positive thoughts. May the essence of the best this season brings invade your home and hearts.

Merry Christmas.

to sleep, to breathe. two such wonderful things we never appreciate until deprived of their healing power. the best news. :rose::rose:

Neo I love your illustrated poems. They look wonderful and it's great to see you doing them again.

:rose:

Thank you, todski! My 1-9 was inspired by Desejo's 1-10. Your 1-9 definitely speaks truth. ;)

Beautiful work, everyone... I'm enjoying reading what you all are creating.

Neo I love your illustrated poems. They look wonderful and it's great to see you doing them again.

:rose:

Aww thanks. I've got a theme going. Kind of got to do that to make it through 30 in 30 I think. Wonder if a I can put a Santa hat on one of the birds! PicMonkey is what I've been using lately. It's free, go over there and mess around, you'll see my birds.

@Harry, I'll bump a couple of threads with illustrated poems for you so you can see. There are different ways in doing them, such as posting an image and writing a poem to it. Another way is incorporating the poem into the image, making the image itself is the poem.

Aww thanks. I've got a theme going. Kind of got to do that to make it through 30 in 30 I think. Wonder if a I can put a Santa hat on one of the birds! PicMonkey is what I've been using lately. It's free, go over there and mess around, you'll see my birds.

@Harry, I'll bump a couple of threads with illustrated poems for you so you can see. There are different ways in doing them, such as posting an image and writing a poem to it. Another way is incorporating the poem into the image, making the image itself is the poem.

Thanks for bringing those threads back--there is some really great stuff there. Even some Eve and smithpeter gems! Most of the stuff I removed is now on the hard drive of my old (soon to be replaced) desktop computer. I need to fire that baby up and save those illustrated poems!

Pic Monkey is wonderful. You linked me there about a year ago and it's very user friendly. And most of the good stuff there like you said is free! That's where I do all my avs now. :D

Thank you, todski! My 1-9 was inspired by Desejo's 1-10. Your 1-9 definitely speaks truth. ;)

Beautiful work, everyone... I'm enjoying reading what you all are creating.

I'm glad that inspired something at least!

Indeed. Your last three were really something.

Thank you Angeline, Tsotha and Harry. This challenge is interesting because I feel like some of what I am writing does not sound like "me". Maybe it's the pressure to produce something (anything!) daily.

I'm really enjoying everyone's contributions, and waiting to see how it all develops. I think I'll pick a favorite from each contributor when its done.

todski's 1-13

'how fast it goes'

yes, it does. you can't hold it in your hands and keep it, only burn the memories someplace you hope age will never erase.

you captured the spirit of the moment in this one. :rose:

Back