a companion to 30 in 30

you and a few others i know :rose:

it's been very mild here and things are growing like crazy. the bluebells are all putting out but are yet to open

Today is the first really warm day we've had in a while. Eagleyez just broke out the shorts lol. I want to get out for a drive in the mountains soon because the rhododendrons will be blooming like crazy. Maybe another week or so if the weather holds.

All that's sprouted around here are the dog poop piles in the yard.. Yay, spring clean up.. They give off a heck of a bouquet as well ;)

Wow! Some fantastic stuff has been created here while I've been away.

It's nice to be back for my second attempt. This one is similar to one I've done before, but comes from a different source of inspiration. One which is very special to me.

Wow! Some fantastic stuff has been created here while I've been away.

It's nice to be back for my second attempt. This one is similar to one I've done before, but comes from a different source of inspiration. One which is very special to me.

Hi Mr. WM. Nice to see you back in the 30/30. I really like the ghazal you just wrote. It's a fun form, isn't it? :)

Hi Mr. WM. Nice to see you back in the 30/30. I really like the ghazal you just wrote. It's a fun form, isn't it? :)

Hiya!

Thanks, you're being very kind as always.

Gazhals are fun, but I do need to find a different refrain; perhaps I'll try 'Pasta' for the next one!

I want to try more form stuff this time. Free time permitting.

It's nice to be back.

:)

Mollie :) Nice to see you in these parts, and bringing Henry James along too!

Hope you are well.

:rose:

Thank you Mr Mute :) I really have no business being in that thread but it is lovely to play creatively with words again after so long being confined to a certain style...

I am in awe of the pretty things that are written here on a daily basis -- never fear, after 27 more I will not haunt the place. But thank you, proper poetry folk, for putting up with me in the meantime!

Thank you Mr Mute :) I really have no business being in that thread but it is lovely to play creatively with words again after so long being confined to a certain style...

I am in awe of the pretty things that are written here on a daily basis -- never fear, after 27 more I will not haunt the place. But thank you, proper poetry folk, for putting up with me in the meantime!

Stop in the poetry fun corner after you finish and try one of Annie's mini challenges

You can haunt here any old time. I think your Henry James cento is awesome! :)

I said, "no more", after my last 30, and yet. :cool:

Great to see you. :rose:

Angeline, that Ellis Larkins track is new to me. I have to tell you, it's a fine accompaniment to coffee on the balcony on a sunny Saturday morning. :)

Angeline, that Ellis Larkins track is new to me. I have to tell you, it's a fine accompaniment to coffee on the balcony on a sunny Saturday morning. :)

Isn't it a lovely piece of music? :)

Ellis Larkins is best known for his accompaniments of Ella Fitzgerald. He also recorded a bunch of stuff with the trumpeter Ruby Braff, so there is not much around of just him on piano. He was classically trained and I think it shows in his elegant style.

:rose:

Stop in the poetry fun corner after you finish and try one of Annie's mini challenges

Oooh ok I hadn't see that thread. I will do -- thanks!

You can haunt here any old time. I think your Henry James cento is awesome! :)

Thank you!

Your Perfume and Rain is beautiful, I keep re-reading it.

Mollie, another lovely picture painted with such efficiency and tenderness. :rose:

The rematch in 2-6 made me chuckle :)

Methinks you are too kind, Mr Mute, but thanks :)

Congrats Angeline on the latest 30 -- and thank you for them too, your words are a pleasure to read (and yup, 4-29 made me giggle) :rose:

Methinks you are too kind, Mr Mute, but thanks :)

Congrats Angeline on the latest 30 -- and thank you for them too, your words are a pleasure to read (and yup, 4-29 made me giggle) :rose:

Thanks, Mollie. I've really enjoyed this latest go-round, writing with you and Wintermute. Also, I don't think he was overstating it about the lily poem. I thought it was beautiful, too, as are so many you've written here. And I like the ghazal today. :)

I'm gonna chill for a few days and see if I feel crazy enough to start up again. Part of me wants to scream at the thought and another part is going to miss knowing I have to write every day...

:rose:'s and I'll keep reading!

Angeline, well done on another very entertaining 30. And for being such a fine host here. :rose:

I'm grateful to you and the others here for demonstrating, so well, how to do this stuff. I wish I was a quicker learner, but it is at least fun practicing.

It's such a relief from the normal day to have a challenge that forces one's head into a different place each day, if only for a few minutes. :)

Angeline, well done on another very entertaining 30. And for being such a fine host here. :rose:

I'm grateful to you and the others here for demonstrating, so well, how to do this stuff. I wish I was a quicker learner, but it is at least fun practicing.

It's such a relief from the normal day to have a challenge that forces one's head into a different place each day, if only for a few minutes. :)

Thanks. As I've said before it's always a pleasure to write with you. I love how willing you are to experiment with form.

Here's a little jazz for a Wednesday afternoon. :rose:

I think a flag should be raised and a Plaque fixed to the wall proclaiming to all future poets that Angeline with unstinting bravery and courage finished the marathon for the Fourth Time!!
2uge4p4.gif
cancan.gif

Back