AMA - BiBunny

What’s the difference between baseball and softball other than you must pitch from underneath, kinda? I know, I could Google, but why bother when I can ask here. :p

I looooooove the Biscuits’ logo and the team name. Trash Pandas is another good one. You’re spoilt for good team names in Alabama!

That's basically it. I think the bases and the pitcher's mound are a bit closer together, too, and you play seven innings instead of nine, but other than that, the rules are the same. Oh, and the balls are a good bit larger, and the bats are a little different. It's mostly just little technical stuff.

I like the Biscuits' logo and team name, too. I literally just heard of the Trash Pandas yesterday because it seems a firework went rogue at one of their games and shot off into the bleachers, and it was on the news. (No one was badly hurt.) I agree that we've got some good team names! :D

age regression and age play are two different things and only the latter may have sex in it
I know. I mentioned both because I feel like you can do them separately since they involve two different headspaces. When I age regress I think like a child. I don't do that when I age play, I'm just taking on a role. Sorry for causing confusion.

Bunny, I saw the holiday decorations you are making and was wondering if you yourself are ”a holiday person” and if you have a favourite holiday/celebration?

Bunny, I saw the holiday decorations you are making and was wondering if you yourself are ”a holiday person” and if you have a favourite holiday/celebration?

Yes, I am, lol. I'm a little embarrassed by that, but I totally got it from my mother, although she mostly just decorates for Christmas nowadays. I have made myself a ton of decorations for various holidays, but I don't always remember to get then out at the right time! (That reminds me, I should put my Fall stuff out soonish.)

Anyway, my favorite holiday is Easter, though not for any religious reasons, as I'm not even Christian (I'm a white Hindu convert, no Indian ancestry or anything.) I just really love spring, so I think that's the reason I'm such an Easter fan. My next favorite is a tie between Halloween and Valentine's Day.

As far as religious holidays/festivals go, my favorite is Chaitra Navaratri--springtime Navaratri (there is also a bigger one in the fall). Chaitra is the month the holiday occurs in, and Navaratri means "nine nights." So it's a nine-day festival dedicated to the Mother of the Universe. (If you already knew this, forgive me for Bunnysplaining. I just know that a lot of this isn't that well-known.) It's probably my favorite because it's a spring holiday, just like with Easter. :)

Interesting to learn about your conversion to Hinduism. Have you or would you like to visit India? Are there any special places that you’d like to go there?

Interesting to learn about your conversion to Hinduism. Have you or would you like to visit India? Are there any special places that you’d like to go there?

I have never been to India. I would like to go at some point, but I'm embarrassed to admit that I know next to nothing about it. I would love to celebrate fall Navaratri in West Bengal because it's said to be huge there. Other than that, I have no idea.

If nothing else, this thread has taught me that I need to do some research on places I want to visit in all these countries I'd like to go to. :ROFLMAO:

If you already knew this, forgive me for Bunnysplaining. I just know that a lot of this isn't that well-known.

No, thank you, It was new to me.
We did learn about Hinduism in school and I learned some from a family member who had ties to India and even lived there with an Indian family for a while, but it is so diverse and tied to different cultural concepts. I still feel that I know next to nothing about it.

I'm a white Hindu convert, no Indian ancestry or anything.

This is actually the first time I hear about it as converting. I’ve only heard of people taking an interest in yoga or perhaps ayurveda, but it always seems more…vague perhaps, than converting.

No, thank you, It was new to me.
We did learn about Hinduism in school and I learned some from a family member who had ties to India and even lived there with an Indian family for a while, but it is so diverse and tied to different cultural concepts. I still feel that I know next to nothing about it.

You are absolutely right about it being incredibly diverse. The more I learn, the more I realize I know nothing! I can tell people the basics of my own sect (Shaktism), but that's about all I feel comfortable speaking on because every Hindu is so different.

This is actually the first time I hear about it as converting. I’ve only heard of people taking an interest in yoga or perhaps ayurveda, but it always seems more…vague perhaps, than converting.

I may have used the wrong word there. There was no formal conversion process. I basically just claimed the label for myself. But I do consider myself an actual Hindu, although that took years and years to figure out. :)

I can tell people the basics of my own sect (Shaktism), but that's about all I feel comfortable speaking on because every Hindu is so different.

There was no formal conversion process. I basically just claimed the label for myself. But I do consider myself an actual Hindu, although that took years and years to figure out. :)

I see what you mean about it not being some formal, official process, but what you are expressing here is still so much more specific and clear than the vagueness I was thinking of.

Did you grow up in a religious environment?

Does your sect of Hinduism have food restrictions? I know beef is not eaten by Hindus and many don’t eat any type of meat, but I also know there are types of Hinduism where they don’t eat onions or eggplant, for example. Do you have such restrictions?

Sorry if this is a totally stupid question, I just know so little.

I see what you mean about it not being some formal, official process, but what you are expressing here is still so much more specific and clear than the vagueness I was thinking of.

Did you grow up in a religious environment?

Yes and no. I was raised in the Southern Baptist Church, but it never stuck with me. When I was young, my parents took me to church, but at around age 11 or 12, there was a lot of drama involving my mother and her sister (we all went to the same church), and we stopped going.

My parents are still believers, but they don't go to church. So I guess I grew up in a home that was less religious than many in this area, but more so than most people elsewhere, if that makes the slightest bit of sense.
Does your sect of Hinduism have food restrictions? I know beef is not eaten by Hindus and many don’t eat any type of meat, but I also know there are types of Hinduism where they don’t eat onions or eggplant, for example. Do you have such restrictions?

Sorry if this is a totally stupid question, I just know so little.

No, not a stupid question at all!

In my sect, it is encouraged that you eat a lacto-vegetarian diet, but it's not required or anything. I, unfortunately, can't seem to stick to that diet for any length of time, so I don't follow that particular guideline. I also reeeeeeally should stop eating beef, but old habits die hard. Needless to say, I'm not a traditionalist in that regard, or in any others, for that matter, lol.
We're you born in Alabama?
Do you identify as a Southerner?

I was indeed born in Alabama. I've lived here my whole life.

I am also definitely a Southerner. You can talk to me for about 30 seconds, and there will be no doubt in your mind, either! :D

I do like baseball, but I haven't watched it in years. My favorite major league team was the Atlanta Braves, and they broke my heart so many times, I finally gave up watching. I watched when they won their first World Series in 1995. I was 11, and we had just gone nearly a week without power due to Hurricane Opal. They turned it back on in time for me to see them win it all.

When they finally won their second one last year, I posted on Facebook something like, "I know right now, 14-year-old me is somewhere, absolutely losing her shit."

Ah, the Biscuits! I grew up about an hour from Montgomery and remember when the team was founded. I never watched them, but I sort of have a soft spot for them for that reason.

Bonus factoid: One of the reasons I was so invested in baseball is because I played softball in high school. Actually, I played from the 4th grade to the 12th grade. Wasn't bad at it, either. :)
I coached fastpitch for about 16 years over here in Georgia

I coached fastpitch for about 16 years over here in Georgia

That's awesome! I played slow-pitch until my last year in high school, when they abruptly swapped us over to fast-pitch, to the general confusion of everyone involved. :ROFLMAO:

Favourite books and authors?
I think I remember a thread about litterature, perhaps russian? But I can’t find it.

Curious about favourite movies or series too of course.

What do you think of Duolingo friend quests? Is it somehow added pressure, should I just skip the possibility when Duo suggests I do one with you? And it’s always you, because you’re my only Duo friend. :D I wouldn’t want to add pressure in any way.

OK, this may be too personal, but it's this or another "kink" question... My Junior Engineer is a Hindu Man. One day we were talking about stress (the people kind, not the Engineering kind). He suggested "meditation". I confessed that I had tried meditation and simply fell asleep no matter the circumstances (its kind of a super power for me)…anyways, he grinned and said "Me too."

Have you ever fallen asleep while meditating?

Not sure how I missed a thread from a good-natured Southern woman who likes her grits the same way I do (and as they were MEANT to be eaten!), but I'm glad I've found it!

Welcome, welcome!
Favourite books and authors?
I think I remember a thread about litterature, perhaps russian? But I can’t find it.

Curious about favourite movies or series too of course.

Oh, my God, we might be here all day, lol.

I do love books and reading and literature. I wanna say I once had a 19th century literature thread running around here somewhere. I just love a lot of literature from that time period--the American Dark Romantics, the British Victorians, the Russians from that time. I don't know why that particular time period sticks with me, but it does.

As far as classical literature goes, I love Hawthorne, Poe, the Bronte sisters, Dickens, Tolstoy, Dostoyevsky, Doyle, etc. I'm also partial to Dorothy Parker and Sylvia Plath because I'm a walking stereotype.

My favorite book ever is probably Jane Eyre.

As far as modern stuff, I love comics, some YA, and some fantasy. Leigh Bardugo's Grishaverse books are amazing. I love all of Holly Black's work that I've read. V.E. Schwab is great; so's Maggie Stiefvater. I love Gail Carriger's work and memoirist Rick Bragg (who is from the same county in Alabama that I live in now). For comics writers and artists, I love Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie, Al Ewing, Lee Garbett, Marjorie Liu, Matt Fraction, Gail Simone, and a million more I can't think of off the top of my head.

I'm not a huge movie or TV person, but I do have some favorites!

My all-time favorite movie is Smokey and the Bandit. (Please don't judge me.) Some others that rank pretty highly are The Princess Bride, Robin Hood: Men in Tights, Tombstone, and Only Lovers Left Alive.

For TV series, I like The Good Place, Aggretsuko, The Umbrella Academy, the new She-Ra series, and Lucifer.
What do you think of Duolingo friend quests? Is it somehow added pressure, should I just skip the possibility when Duo suggests I do one with you? And it’s always you, because you’re my only Duo friend. :D I wouldn’t want to add pressure in any way.

Ok, here's the thing with the Duolingo friend quests. I absolutely do not mind doing them, but I feel so bad because I haven't been into Duo much lately, so you're doing all the heavy lifting while I do, like, one lesson a day. I promise to get off my ass and do better!
OK, this may be too personal, but it's this or another "kink" question... My Junior Engineer is a Hindu Man. One day we were talking about stress (the people kind, not the Engineering kind). He suggested "meditation". I confessed that I had tried meditation and simply fell asleep no matter the circumstances (its kind of a super power for me)…anyways, he grinned and said "Me too."

Have you ever fallen asleep while meditating?

You can totally ask me anything. I'm an open book. Kink questions, religion questions, anything. :)

I don't think I've ever fallen asleep while meditating, although I know it's pretty common! My thing with meditation is the exact opposite problem. I can't sit still. My mind runs off on a million different tangents, and trying to be still like that makes me uncomfortable and antsy. It's probably the ADHD run amok, lol. So I usually just don't meditate at all. I know it's one of those things that's highly recommended that Hindus do, but I have at least a dozen other things I need to be working on for myself as a Hindu, so what's one more thing, right? :rolleyes:

Back