Chaos... to be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately anyone vulnerable is at risk. Young, old, unhealthy physically or mentally, etc.
Very true!
I'm super annoyed with a retiring coworker who apparently has decided she doesn't need to do anything in her last month or so and then got indignant when it was suggested that people would resent her for not doing her job and dumping it on others. Tell me something good about your best coworkers please, past or present!
I seriously have the best colleagues! Something recent that comes to mind is that I texted one to ask him how to do something that I've done before but not at this org and he said is this your first time doing it? When I said yes he offered to call me and he did, walked me through the whole thing. Just good vibes all around!

I seriously have the best colleagues! Something recent that comes to mind is that I texted one to ask him how to do something that I've done before but not at this org and he said is this your first time doing it? When I said yes he offered to call me and he did, walked me through the whole thing. Just good vibes all around!
That sounds marvellous. I wish I had coworkers like that. Maybe at the next place?

I'm in the middle cause I'm management. They're all complaining to me about her and I'm having to ask her to do the bare minimum. I'm just trying to get everybody through the next three weeks without an explosion. 😂
Oh you’re management … you’re one of THOSE people.

Sidenote.. my union is preparing a strike mandate for work because the company refuses to pay us more than a 2% raise

I'm the lowest level of management. Getting paid a pittance more, which is so NOT worth it! To quote Cher, "if I could turn back time..." 😂
All the responsibilities and none of the pay… I hear ya… I got promoted to “cash supervisor” at the drugstore I worked at years ago.. pittance extra for $$ but was expected to cover shifts, stay past shift to count tills, etc … SO not worth it.

"that" = being so helpful. (Usually even when being stressed - which was most of the time in the recent years.)
Ahhhh, ok... now I get it. We normally work really well as a team and are almost extremely helpful to each other, but she's just given up at this point and the others are beginning to resent it and I can't blame them. I shouldn't have to ask someone 20+ years my senior to do the most basic tasks every day (i.e. like logging into our work IM system). In three weeks, she'll never have to deal with any of it/us ever again so I wish she'd realize that and not screw over her coworkers. *sigh*

All the responsibilities and none of the pay… I hear ya… I got promoted to “cash supervisor” at the drugstore I worked at years ago.. pittance extra for $$ but was expected to cover shifts, stay past shift to count tills, etc … SO not worth it.
The first time I was promoted into management hourly to salary) I got a slight bump in pay BUT worked more hours without getting overtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back