Chaos... to be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am odd. Pretty pale, don't get much tan - but I don't burn easily either. When I do burn it's a little veiled weather, barely warm enough to not wear any sleeves. That's the only weather when I may be in the sun all day long.

I am not so sure. With asthma it make it harder to breath. And I can't really wear the masks that are officially good enough for long enough. A fabric mask I can, about 2h, but when I am flying it's usually longer than that anyway.
It would be all the more important that those who can do it for those who can't. My sister can't because she has COPD. However, when they go out and about, out of her and her family she's the only one not wearing a mask

It would be all the more important that those who can do it for those who can't. My sister can't because she has COPD. However, when they go out and about, out of her and her family she's the only one not wearing a mask
True. But luckily asthma (unless much worse than mine) is not really a risk factor for covid after all. But we did get our first 3 vaccinations according to the earlier knowledge that it was. So I am not freaking out about it. Haven't used a mask other than at the doctor for months.

Yeah, but wouldn't that give her the impression that I'm having doubts if she's not nervous?
Healthy relationships require open and honest communication so this is a perfect opportunity to foster a space that is secure and kind to be able to talk about these things. First I would gather my thoughts so I don't project my fears onto her. But this is really hard and requires constant practice!

Being vulnerable is scary but sometimes when you share these things you realize the other person is feeling the same and you can talk it out.

I was in Dublin recently and had to wear a mask on both outbound and return journeys.

it never crossed my mind not to, actually. This pandemic is far from over ☹️
Thanks for the answer Ana. I know that the plague is far from over, but too many dickheads are acting as if it is. Especially Brits who holiday in Spain. I haven’t flown in about four years so I didn’t know what the current protocol is. I’ve read that some airlines have relaxed the mask requirement, which I think is a pretty dumb idea.

A phrase has been popping into my mind a lot lately and I thought that I might share it with the ladies and gents in this thread. Just in case it resonates; "I am a Self-Repairing Mechanism"

Maybe that is a silly thing to be thinking about, for most people. It helps me, though and I thought maybe it could help someone else, even one person. If it seems ridiculous to you, it's not meant for you. *tips hat and departs*

Thanks for the answer Ana. I know that the plague is far from over, but too many dickheads are acting as if it is. Especially Brits who holiday in Spain. I haven’t flown in about four years so I didn’t know what the current protocol is. I’ve read that some airlines have relaxed the mask requirement, which I think is a pretty dumb idea.
Right, so the Brits are the dickheads?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back