Chaos... to be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look away for a minute and you’ve missed a page.
I’ve been away for nine hours and the posting looks like my work mailbox comming back from four weeks vacation. 😳
I’ve said it before. Sometimes this thread moves in warp speed.
And Lit has been slow for me, so I am sitting waiting for it to load like, "Hurry up! I'm going to miss 15 posts!!!"

In my field of technology women are not rare, and I haven't had problems with men even when I was a fresh graduate. (Actually, I was even told I am a bit scary to approach as a woman, when I was just about 25.) Especially the bigger the city or company, the less cursing is thought to be ok.

Now usually cursing wouldn't raise eyebrows if you are damning some unfortunate happening, but if you direct it to others...
that is awesome. my field has had a recent boom so I think I saw up to 9% of the work force, but again small teams, so not even 10 people, and low to no turnover, I have worked in the same general area, buildings, for almost 20 years, as have most of the team. other than the work visa short timers and people who retired out, no one quits. And the company has some other serious oversites not really corrected until recently that most woman would likely quit if even hired, that the people who make the decisions just don't get. They try so hard, other departments are fine, but there are a couple with higher physical demands that really struggle. My team next door actually turned their women's restroom into storage at least a decade ago lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back