Chaos... to be continued

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh wow. that does sound rough. I honestly don't use my heat too much (I have it set to kick on if the house drops to like 72) but my ac kicks on at 78. this is warmer than most americans but not entirely uncommon this far south. We adapt to the heat lol. When I lived up north, I thought of room temperature as 68, now I am ok with 78.
Yeh I’m sure you definitely acclimatise. I come from Scotland but I’ve lived in South England for a long time and I’m soooo cold when I go back home. And I’m not a sun worshiper at all. My peely wally skin can’t cope 😂 I burn like a ginger haha

oh wow. that does sound rough. I honestly don't use my heat too much (I have it set to kick on if the house drops to like 72) but my ac kicks on at 78. this is warmer than most americans but not entirely uncommon this far south. We adapt to the heat lol. When I lived up north, I thought of room temperature as 68, now I am ok with 78.
Around here 21-22C, aka 70F is considered normal room temperature, below that we usually heat up. I have a movable ac unit for the bedroom, and normally don't use it to cool below 25C = 77F.

In Finland houses are insulated well (it's a must, really) but usually not to have heat storage. Meaning they will heat up sometimes too well and a heat wave can really be felt indoors, but don't hold on to the heat when it becomes cooler and you just air the house/apartment properly.

Good morning loves.

Keep the liquids coming Daisy and anyone else in the UK. 40C is no fun.

Happy Sunday Mornings ❤️
Fret not. I have stockpiled additional ice for the G&Ts.
Yeh I’m sure you definitely acclimatise. I come from Scotland but I’ve lived in South England for a long time and I’m soooo cold when I go back home. And I’m not a sun worshiper at all. My peely wally skin can’t cope 😂 I burn like a ginger haha
Yes, you do acclimatise. But when I lived in the US I knelt in front of the AC every night and prayed to the goddess Freon.

Cheer up, Strix. Just another couple of months and then it's mushroom season :)
Actually I think for some mushrooms the season has started already. I'm just not eating any, my gut doesn't like them.

Strawberry season is still here, and blueberry & raspberry seasons already. Currant season almost. At least a month until lingonberries are ripe.

I have put down all the outside blinds in the house now to stop the heat coming in. It’s dark but still cool inside 😁

And no electricity was harmed in my endeavours 😂😂
Way to go!

Here outside blinds are not used at all. Blinds between windows are considered good... And very seldom even awnings (if that's the right word).

Howdy kids... ♥️♥️

*today's "Howdy" in honor of a friend who passed away last night. It's how we always used to great each other and made the greeting part of my regular vocabulary.

RIP my friend. ♥️
My sincerest condolences. My heart goes out to the family, and I hope all the bereaved find some solace in the days coming

Howdy kids... ♥️♥️

*today's "Howdy" in honor of a friend who passed away last night. It's how we always used to great each other and made the greeting part of my regular vocabulary.

RIP my friend. ♥️
My condolences gaga! I'll be thinking of you ❤️ thank you for sharing with us!

Howdy kids... ♥️♥️

RIP my friend. ♥️
Sorry for your loss. :( Remember the good times and try to smile. This is never easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back