Companion to the Five in Five

No, but I'm both foreigner and, worse, a heathen, so it probably wouldn't work.

I might be able to do a ghast appearance, though.

We are all foreign at one time or other. You would just be newly arrived.

We are all foreign at one time or other. You would just be newly arrived.
Can I stay? You guys have health insurance.

I wouldn't have to understand hockey, would I? At least right off the bat? I mean, I do know what a rouge is. That should count for something.

And, hey, I can work on that "ou" stuff. I'm a quick study. Like really, eh?

Can I stay? You guys have health insurance.

I wouldn't have to understand hockey, would I? At least right off the bat? I mean, I do know what a rouge is. That should count for something.

And, hey, I can work on that "ou" stuff. I'm a quick study. Like really, eh?

Okay, you can stay.

Stop saying eh though or you'll stand out and get yourself exported in a box.

Hockey is easy btw. Puck in net = goal. Fighting is punished with a slap on the wrist and a wink. Don't cherry pick or you'll get called offside.

Okay, you can stay.

Stop saying eh though or you'll stand out and get yourself exported in a box.
I'm American. We're loud and obnoxious and would stand out at a McDonald's Game Show convention. I can't help that. It's national heritage.

I've been to Ottawa, though. That count for anything?

I'm American. We're loud and obnoxious and would stand out at a McDonald's Game Show convention. I can't help that. It's national heritage.

I've been to Ottawa, though. That count for anything?

If I told my students you had been to Ottawa on a previous trip, their response most likely would be, "Why? Was Toronto closed or something?"

If I told my students you had been to Ottawa on a previous trip, their response most likely would be, "Why? Was Toronto closed or something?"
Fine. Now I've snorted Diet Coke all over my keyboard. Are you happy?

Well, since you should have been drinking diet Pepsi. Yes.

*smugness*
Well, that explains it then. Obvious aesthetic allergy reaction.

I always thought Purchase was in the States, but maybe you guys just annexed it, given the US $ woes.

I suppose that explains my craving for Tim Horton's.

Well, that explains it then. Obvious aesthetic allergy reaction.

I always thought Purchase was in the States, but maybe you guys just annexed it, given the US $ woes.

I suppose that explains my craving for Tim Horton's.

So , bad of you to bring up Timmy's at night. I try not to but sometimes...I cannot resist.

Tz. They DON"T use bats in hockey. Just saying.
Well, then what do they call these things?

Lemieux_Stick.jpg

I always assumed that curvy thing was to hit a sinkerball. Is that not right? :confused:

Fine. Point out the American is a fool. Sniffy, superior Northerners. :)

I am curious why Tim's has virtually no presence in the States, though.

Would I do that? *innocence*

I think there are a few. I am pretty sure that Dunkin Doughnuts would not be happy if Tim's spread too far down south.

Would I do that? *innocence*

I think there are a few. I am pretty sure that Dunkin Doughnuts would not be happy if Tim's spread too far down south.
Or Starbucks (& Top Pot Doughnuts).

I like Tim's. When I'm up in Vancouver on business, that's normally where I eat my unhealthy breakfast. And I like his coffee better than Starbucks, which is always over-roasted.

I'm bummed abbout the currency exchange, though, though I doubt that's Tim's fault.

Or Starbucks (& Top Pot Doughnuts).

I like Tim's. When I'm up in Vancouver on business, that's normally where I eat my unhealthy breakfast. And I like his coffee better than Starbucks, which is always over-roasted.

I'm bummed abbout the currency exchange, though, though I doubt that's Tim's fault.

We have Starbucks here but they compete for different markets. I Like Tim's coffee better than Starbucks and it's usually a couple of dollars cheaper.

I like Starbucks travel lids though. I spill a lot of coffee. Everywhere.

It's probably why I wear a lot of black.

I tried to pay with American money yesterday at a store here and they wouldn't let me. When I worked cash years ago we did it and back then it was a mathematical nightmare for me to figure out manually how much change I needed to give back to the lovely dude wearing the loud shirt.

Back then the exchange rate was so bad, I usually said screw it and figured it was probably free for them any way.

We have Starbucks here but they compete for different markets. I Like Tim's coffee better than Starbucks and it's usually a couple of dollars cheaper.

I like Starbucks travel lids though. I spill a lot of coffee. Everywhere.

It's probably why I wear a lot of black.

I tried to pay with American money yesterday at a store here and they wouldn't let me. When I worked cash years ago we did it and back then it was a mathematical nightmare for me to figure out manually how much change I needed to give back to the lovely dude wearing the loud shirt.

Back then the exchange rate was so bad, I usually said screw it and figured it was probably free for them any way.

Hey Pandora, thanks for digging this thread up - it was buried and I wanted to go get it to tell Sara she's fabulous.

At this point, I feel like I'm threadjacking if I bring up your actual poetry thought.

And as to coffee, here's another twin moment. Years ago I began to deliberately choose coffee-colored clothing. Round my house, the running joke is that 'it's not real until Kacey spills coffee on it." So much so that I can come in and say, "Well, the linen closet is real now" and they know what has happened.

oy I gotta go again.

bj

Hey Pandora, thanks for digging this thread up - it was buried and I wanted to go get it to tell Sara she's fabulous.

At this point, I feel like I'm threadjacking if I bring up your actual poetry thought.

And as to coffee, here's another twin moment. Years ago I began to deliberately choose coffee-colored clothing. Round my house, the running joke is that 'it's not real until Kacey spills coffee on it." So much so that I can come in and say, "Well, the linen closet is real now" and they know what has happened.

oy I gotta go again.

bj

I feel like it's not our fault either. Coffee is like blood so it's not like we can get rid of it in our presence and it's spilly 'specially if you are not exactly paying attention to it. It's the people who don't like coffee spills fault. Yes it is. Uh huh.

And don't even get me started on non-spill travel mugs. I can spill with 'the bestest most un-spill like designed for lunar travel by NASA and monkeys can drink with it and not spill'cups.

Last edited:
I feel like it's not our fault either. Coffee is like blood so it's not like we can get rid of it in our presence and it's spilly 'specially if you are not exactly paying attention to it. It's the people who don't like coffee spills fault. Yes it is. Uh huh.

And don't even get me started on non-spill travel mugs. I can spill with 'the bestest most un-spill like designed for lunar travel by NASA and monkeys can drink with it and not spill'cups.

monkeys can drink with it and not spill LOL!

You need to explain the part about making things real when you spill coffee on them. People will be more grateful after that.

as an aside, damn, sara. You just get better.
Last night I tuned in for your latest piece and the lost star was reading over my shoulder. Here's the exchange:

ls: God. I'm so not a poet.
bj: Yeah, me neither. Compared to her, baby, nobody is.

no shit.
bj

The sun and moon
talk about us behind my back
and neither is my friend

Sara.....wow-ness!
I am a chronic insomniac. The entire poem is fab, but when I read this part, I felt like you were walking around inside my head, with a pad and pen. My deepest apologies for whatever you may have seen, while in there.

monkeys can drink with it and not spill LOL!

You need to explain the part about making things real when you spill coffee on them. People will be more grateful after that.

as an aside, damn, sara. You just get better.
Last night I tuned in for your latest piece and the lost star was reading over my shoulder. Here's the exchange:

ls: God. I'm so not a poet.
bj: Yeah, me neither. Compared to her, baby, nobody is.

no shit.
bj

Flatterers, the two of you!! xox Thanks!

Sara.....wow-ness!
I am a chronic insomniac. The entire poem is fab, but when I read this part, I felt like you were walking around inside my head, with a pad and pen. My deepest apologies for whatever you may have seen, while in there.

Thanks. Sassy. While I have never been a great sleeper. I am experiencing insomnia for the first time in my life and not really lovin it.

I didn't see anything. Nope. Nothin. I didn't take pics to sell on the interweb either.

My dear Ms. Crewe:

You have been here most excellent.

Hmph. As usual.

L,

tz

Back