Companion to the Five in Five

Thank you, Tzara. It is great to have some company over there. And good to see you back, Eluard.

UnderYourSpell, about 5-5, I was writing about my grandmother and how she always seemed to want more from my dad than he was willing to give her, emotionally. He was a dutiful son, but got away from her as fast as he could.

I left it ambiguous because it seemed more fun that way. I'm not as deep as the fellahs, I fear. :)

Girl you weave a story with the best of them and leave me wanting more and more I wish I had your insight

Thank you, Tzara. It is great to have some company over there. And good to see you back, Eluard.

Thank you folks. And good poems you are posting there Pandora — make the thread shine!

I disappeared to finish two books (writing, not reading, you wags! ;) ). I've finished the first and I'm now on the last chapter of the second. So I will probably disappear again because I find it pretty difficult to write poetry at the same time as do that torturous stuff. But come the end of January I expect to be miserable enough again that writing poetry will come very easily.

I wish you all a happy new year — friend, foe, and those with whom I share a mutual and well-earned indifference. Rawk on!

Last edited:
Happy New Year ro you too Eluard I hope I come into the friend category infact the same greeting to all even those that have on occassions got right up my nose!!

This is so beautiful!

Eluard, I love this poem. I'll take it down it you like but for now, I'm enjoying it here too.

By Eluard

Postcard

A small raven claps into a tree,
Seeking the lipstick smudge of sunset.

Too bad the desert couldn’t
Wait for death, but went ahead —

Throwing out bathtubs, ink rings,
Rape and cactus flowers.

The bell of sky is rung
By the scorpion’s question

And all around
In the conflagration that results,

In the ruby drizzle of memory,
The pistol smokes

Like a volcano
And is answer enough this time.

This is so nice it is worth posting twice. Beautiful poem. :::clap clap:::
The fourth couplet especially. This sings.

Last edited:
Couple of other things that should be mentioned.

Very nice poem (Weight) from Elmer Grew. Keep it up, man — good stuff.

Another really nice piece from Vampire Dust — the Terrace — from a few days ago. Liked that very much. (And I'll bet it's a poem that The Rain Man would like too.)

And I should add, EG: I think RM would also like "Weight" — it's just his cup of tea.

as pandora warn't given to rhyme
scrawled vers libre the most of the time
'pisiotimal cut
sliced him right through his gut
childbirth poems now he finds sublime

LOL.

I'm going to refer to you in future as Captain McGlew for this (quick — for bonus points, what movie does the name Captain McGlew come from?)

napalm beach story

i always thought it was macgloo

You are right! But hey, can you really hear how it's spelled just by hearing it? ;) (Yes, I know, it's in the credits.)

Anyhow, however it's spelled, I salute you Captain McGlew.

Pandora — I'll keep you company there if I may.

:D

Great stuff you're posting!

Last edited:
Had no idea this thread was even here, *smacks forhead*:rolleyes:

I'll join you too Pandora, but I see you've completed your 5
... care for another round? :cool: ~~

:rose:

The more the merrier, RhymeFairy. Ahh we'll see. If I get inspired over coffee today, I might jump back in. It's great to see you in the thread. :)

Woohoo! Somebody must have rubbed their legs together, 'cause now we've got a fire going!

really nice reading on this thread -- everyone. :rose:

PG -- you're a budding star, girl. ;)

Back