Critics Awards - The rest of us

Kudeaux

bridgetkeeney said:
And so, the award for ruining my being ever able to teach my children rummy because of his erotic and bold interpretation of a deck of cards goes to gauchecritic for
:rose: b

Congratulations, Gauchie. <air kiss on each cheek>

You make a wonderful Mistress of Ceremonies, BKeeney.

Last edited:
Failure to be nominated?

MathGirl

Coming back to the start of your thread, you refer to your failure to be nominated.

You might feel happier to know that not all the stories were nominated by others. I put my own story forward, having read a post by deliciously_naughty seeking nominations for the critics' award for February.

It may well be that I was the only one to believe my story was worth nominating. On that basis, a failure to be nominated is no good reason why you should feel your stories are mediocre.

Octavian
Bearer of the Silver Rose

Re: Failure to be nominated?

Octavian said:
MathGirl

Coming back to the start of your thread, you refer to your failure to be nominated.

You might feel happier to know that not all the stories were nominated by others. I put my own story forward, having read a post by deliciously_naughty seeking nominations for the critics' award for February.

It may well be that I was the only one to believe my story was worth nominating. On that basis, a failure to be nominated is no good reason why you should feel your stories are mediocre.

Octavian
Bearer of the Silver Rose

Cool ... can I have her award then? ;)

Pookie

Re: Re: Failure to be nominated?

Pookie_grrl said:
Cool ... can I have her award then? ;) Pookie

Sorry, I'm keeping the dandelions in the purple vase with the orange ribbon.

BKeeney: As Mistress of Ceremonies, please come up with an award for Pookie. Anyone who even visits this thread is very deserving.

Re: Re: Failure to be nominated?

Pookie_grrl said:
Cool ... can I have her award then? ;)

Pookie

wellllll...now that deliciousy_naughty changed AV's, maybe you can get the award for "most seductive cartoon AV".

Pookie's AV

sirhugs said:
wellllll...now that deliciousy_naughty changed AV's, maybe you can get the award for "most seductive cartoon AV".

Madam Chairman, Madam Chairman: I second that nomination for Pookie's AV.

Hiya, Svenska. Whereya been?

I'd like to nominate Svenska for the most offensive non offensive post. She's a master of the genre.

Last edited:
I've been to the moon and back... no, seriously, I had a little accident. I was in an exploring mood, so I decided to see if I could boldly go where I hadn't gone for 6 months - the back of my wardrobe. I kept climbing over piles of boxes and non-matching socks, until I found a flat, white, hard, non-elastic surface. It was the wall. Then there was something like an earthquake, and piles of stuff fell to the floor, and I had to clean the wardrobe to get out of there. Anyone interested in a pair of fake Wranglers from -82?
I'm making a trip to the Red Cross store this week, and I'm bringing several large boxes of stuff with me. After that, I'm going to go home and decorate my new room.:)

rat-a-tat-a-tat-a-tat

And the bridget's rose award for plot twist that most thoroughly twisted my sense of reality goes to pookie_grrl for A Killer Comes To Visit .

pookie, I am still sleeping with the exterior house lights on! :rose:

the envelope please....

MG, Sirhugs and Svenska-

You must remember that these are literary awards. While I would love to give awards to all of the creative BB posters, I must restrict these awards to your literary works...

So, in that spirit, the award for story with best fairy blessings goes to Svenska for Fucking Beauty .

Svenska, I am looking for a fairy to give all four of my daughters the blessing that was foregone... no PMS! I hate that you aren't the goddess of vice anymore, you probably could have pulled it off! :rose:

never tiring of recognizing greatness...

I am taking my cue from MG and considering everyone who posts on this thread as a nominee for a rose... It is amazing how all the nominees are truly worthy of distinction!

The rose for best quick office sex goes to sirhugs for Ross the Boss ch 2.

sirhugs, I am suggesting that they take the door of the copy room at work... :rose:... or am I requesting them putting in a door without a window? ;)

Re: the envelope please....

bridgetkeeney said:
MG, Sirhugs and Svenska-

You must remember that these are literary awards. While I would love to give awards to all of the creative BB posters, I must restrict these awards to your literary works...

So, in that spirit, the award for story with best fairy blessings goes to Svenska for Fucking Beauty .

Svenska, I am looking for a fairy to give all four of my daughters the blessing that was foregone... no PMS! I hate that you aren't the goddess of vice anymore, you probably could have pulled it off! :rose:

I can't BELIEVE I forgot that one!!!:eek:

Yay

Hooray for Pookie, Sir H, and Svenska.
<air kisses on all cheeks>

No, I don't need comments about the cheeks on my avathingie

The cheeks are fine, but the ass of that kid is monstrous!!!:eek:

What have they been feeding her???:kiss:

working my way through the nominees

And the rose for the best descriptions of arousing many different types of women goes to Just_John1 for Mental Telepathy Ch 1 .

John, I think that you must really have those powers ;)... :rose:

this reminds me of the award ceremony at my college retreat, everyone got an award for something....because everyone is uniquely good at something or other aren't they?

the envelope please....

And the rose for most easy to identify with story goes to English Lady for Morning Glory .

Lady- I am sure that many of our community have either truly or virtually experienced what you have so vividly described! Well done! :rose:

Thank you thank you!

I feel so... well, honored perhaps... I wonder... if I put the rose in a REALLY big book can I save it for a while?

Thank you Ms. Chairwoman... and btw, I really liked the catagory!

the Melville Trophy

We have been graced with the presence of a truly great writer on this thread, alas, in the spirit of equality, we must recognize him also..

He was going to get the Moby Dick award for his A Modern Love Story, both for the size of the main character's attribute and the story itself, but it really is an exceptional work, so we cannot recognize it here... (and besides he is already the bearer of the silver rose :) )

So, the train wreck rose goes to Octavian for A Day to Forget ch 1 .

Octavian- You have crafted two such obscene yet interesting characters that I just can't stop from watching their story unfold. Kind of a Jerry Springer does the Lower East End. :rose:

Re: never tiring of recognizing greatness...

bridgetkeeney said:
I am taking my cue from MG and considering everyone who posts on this thread as a nominee for a rose... It is amazing how all the nominees are truly worthy of distinction!

The rose for best quick office sex goes to sirhugs for Ross the Boss ch 2.

sirhugs, I am suggesting that they take the door of the copy room at work... :rose:... or am I requesting them putting in a door without a window? ;)

thanks for the award. I thank al the little people ( oops, they all are still dwelling in Twisted Snow).

who said anything about a door on the copy room?

Looks like we have created something of an elite in here (with obvious exceptions inc. me;) ) and I can't help noticing a distinct lack of "Authors Of Worth".

Perhaps I'm just

Gauche

P.S
Large thanks and big kisses:kiss: to Diane for calling bridget BKeeney, every time I see the name I now imagine our ms. of ceremonies in a BKeeney. (Bikini! geddit?)

Re: drum roll please....

bridgetkeeney said:
and bridget's rose for only gay story that I have ever read, and was amazingly not disgusted by goes to chicklet for Clarafication

for you chicklet :rose:

happy smiles and waves to my adoring fans

Mathgirl: BKeeney: As Mistress of Ceremonies, please come up with an award for Pookie. Anyone who even visits this thread is very deserving.

I never felt more deserving of an award! ;)

Sirhugs: wellllll...now that deliciousy_naughty changed AV's, maybe you can get the award for "most seductive cartoon AV".

Thanks, sweetie. DN is still the most seductive, but it's nice to be noticed for my cartoonish-like figure. :kiss: ;)

Bridget: And the bridget's rose award for plot twist that most thoroughly twisted my sense of reality goes to pookie_grrl for A Killer Comes To Visit .

Thanks, hon. I wish to thank everyone who stumbled into this joint tonight ... errr ... went out of their way to be here tonight for the presentation of this most cherished of awards (even though MG got the vase with the salvation army price tag on it). I spent so many minutes writing this story. I wish to thank my editor who spent so many seconds editing it as well. This is such an honor. <Ahhhchew> Wow! These are real dandelions!

pookie, I am still sleeping with the exterior house lights on!

It was suppose to be a comedy. *shrugs* ;)

$#^%&(*&)_$%^

I'm tired of the honorees thanking the "little people." I'm 4'10" and weigh 89 pounds. I'm a little touchy on the subject.
Diane the Runt

Back