Critics Choice - Round 3

I was thinnking the same thing as kiwiwolf actually, Are we ever going to get some kind of indicator for critics choice winners? If not, why do we continue with it? Seems a bit pointless if next to noone is aware of it*L*

English Lady said:
I was thinnking the same thing as kiwiwolf actually, Are we ever going to get some kind of indicator for critics choice winners? If not, why do we continue with it? Seems a bit pointless if next to noone is aware of it*L*

Skywriting, perhaps?

oooh cool idea...sky writing! it'd have to be big though, so everyone all over the globe could see it......

I'm going to ask Laurel about it ASAP, but I can't really promise anything. AFAIK DrM and DN have tried before me.

The Earl

In addition to what Kiwi mentions, I sort of had the idea that the contest would generate some sort of discussion of the entries. During the month or so of the contest, my entered story got no new votes (maybe that's a good thing...!) but also only one e-mailed feedback and no discussion whatsoever of its merits and failings and WHY it was given the score and ranking it got.

I mean, the judges presumably spent some time figuring out what scores they would give. Were their decisions based purely on "I liked it"or "I didn't like it" or was there something objective that it would help us to know about? If so, it would be great to see that, so that even those who didn't win--or for that matter those who did--would "win" by learning something about how to improve their writing.

darlingnikki, you raise a good point there. I did vote on the stories I had read (i didn't vote on yours because i had read it previously to give feedback) and I would also be very willing to give feedback to any author who wanted it. maybe there should be a thread on the feedback forum for people to ask us critics choice critics what we thought of thier stories.

Feedback from the judges

Like DarlingNikki, I too, would have welcomed comments from the judges about the story I submitted for the critics' award. To be fair, one of the judges did send me a PM.

I would also have been interested to know the judges' thoughts about the other stories.

Octavian

Back