Cum! Cummed! Cumming! AAAAAH...

perdita said:
Hoorayl, Vincent E. I hate pre-cum usage. It's so yuppy to me.

gracias, Perdita

Glad to oblige. I'm only being an ogre on the other thread, chica.

Vincent E said:
. . . The word that drives me nuts is the hyphenated word 'pre-cum.' Folks, it's semen okay. S-e-m-e-n. Semen.

Right you are, Vin E! If North Americans need a special name for early semen, they may call it Vikings. :(

I get it: Vikings.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

What the hell would post-cum be? The stain left on the sheets.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again ......

"I kiked down the dor and camed in her fase."
MG
Ps. Quaz, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Vincent E said:
Vincento, Pops called semen "redundant sailors". I think that tops Q's vikings, but then I'm biased.

hasta la vista, chico

- Perdita

OK in defense of Pre-come ... and the search to hit 100 so I can put up a damn Avatar.

Pre-come isn't come, its .... differant

Its like sweeter and more of an egg white consistancy really. plus it has a significantly lower spern count.

It dribbles instead of spurts.

Its actually a rather funny thing, but I can definately see a distinction being made.

I think its very differant :) and thus should have a differant name.

I mean she licked the first drops of pre-come off him is normal in my mind where as she licked the first drops of come off him and I'm thinking, wow that was quick and anticlimatic.

Alex756 :)

Vincent E said:

What the hell would post-cum be? The stain left on the sheets.
Post cum is evidence.

Chicklet said:
for those of you who do use "cum" in your erotica, where do you draw the line? (sparked from a thread in the story feedback forum)

Personally, I'll say "cum" but I say "came" and I hardly ever use the word "cumming"

What about you?

Also, discuss whether there are/should be any rules pertaining to this slang word.

-Chicklet

coming, came, went ...

perdita said:
Based on quick research I think 'come' (venio, as in coming to pass, vs. coming to town) in Latin would be declined thus, present tense only:

Venio (I come)
Venias (you come, sing.)
Veniat (he/she comes)
Veniamus (we come)
Veniatis (you come, plural)
Veniant (they come)

Sure reads better in Latin. I wonder if the Romans had a slang equivalent to cum.

Perdita Latina

A tad close to venial and deviant: perhaps a quick visit to Ovid fot a little enlightenment.

AG

perdita said:
Ay, papi, si si si... mas, hombre, mas... aqui, aqui stupido!

Perdita

Forgive my ignorance" aquai? Water? Or some derivative thereof?

I am about to be dragged into the Dominican Republic: I suspect we will try to become a Spanish speaking household for total immersion - I need to this right in case we have visitors.

AG

ag2507 said:
Forgive my ignorance" aquai? Water? Or some derivative thereof?
aquĂ­ = here (pr. ah-KEE)

agua = water (pr. AH-gwah, but mostly AH-wah; it's difficult for non-native speakers to get the subtlety of an almost silent hard g sound.)

Cumming, cum, came, been there, done that.

My 'gang' (totally different meaning over here by the way) frequently used the term 'fetch' as in "I'm going to fetch."

We thought it was funny anyway. But then, we only ever talked about it.

Gauche

gauchecritic said:
My 'gang' (totally different meaning over here by the way) frequently used the term 'fetch' as in "I'm going to fetch."
Yo! Gauche, were you called the Granny Grabbers?

Finally finished reading you; all 5's from a fan.

Purr :rose:

perdita said:
Is that in the OED? Doesn't sound or look right.

Unlike the root word, it looks it would be pronounced or-gaz-ming vs. or-gaz-em-ing.

Basically it turns me off.

Pear

What's the line..

All words can be verbed

And P, thanks for this reference, truly!

No, no Nanettes.

agedmac said:
What's the line..
All words can be verbed
And P, thanks for this reference, truly!
Mac, my line is Some words should NOT be verbed.

I also liked reading that O. Wilde thought all words ending in -ette should be banned.

te nada, Perdita

It's cuming, not cumming...

Geesh! Do you all just use your spell checker, or what? Adding m's to the word cuming draws out a long groan, but it's actually only got one M in it just like coming does.

DS

As I've said many times before........

I kiked down the dor and camed in her fase.
MG

Re: It's cuming, not cumming...

Dirty Slut said:
Geesh! Do you all just use your spell checker, or what? Adding m's to the word cuming draws out a long groan, but it's actually only got one M in it just like coming does.

DS

my spell checker doesn't accept either forms of the word. :rolleyes:

:cool:

:D

Mine accepts both (Word 2002 (10.2627.3311)). How strange, must be a combination of my over-use of the word and my inability to spell it correctly.
Word must think "Oh, sheesh, that word again, I'll just let her have it, it's far less painful that way." :rolleyes:

Katie :cool:

Tatelou said:
Mine accepts both (Word 2002 (10.2627.3311)). How strange, must be a combination of my over-use of the word and my inability to spell it correctly.
Word must think "Oh, sheesh, that word again, I'll just let her have it, it's far less painful that way." :rolleyes:

Katie :cool:
You can add the correct spelling to your spellcheck database. But, I have always used two Ms, too.

Last edited:
Re: It's cuming, not cumming...

Dirty Slut said:
Adding m's to the word cuming draws out a long groan...
DS

Basically, isn't that what we're all aiming for?;) A long, drawn out groan.

DVS said:
You can add the correct spelling to your spellcheck database. But, I have always used two Ms, too.

Ah, I don't think I explained myself very well. I meant my spellchecker accepts both spellings of the word. Having said that, I have always used two Ms. :rolleyes:

Katie :rose:

Another reason the extra M gets added all the time is:

When the author wants to show the woman strangling in pleasure that they write: "Cum... ming!!!" and in that way draw the pleasure word out as well.

DS

Tatelou said:
Ah, I don't think I explained myself very well. I meant my spellchecker accepts both spellings of the word. Having said that, I have always used two Ms. :rolleyes:

Katie :rose:
Well, maybe I haven't explained myself that well, either. For me, the jury is still out on the correct spelling. I wait for a link to some official entity.

My schooling says (and, maybe I'm wrong) to get the correct sound from the U, it must have 2 Ms following. Of course, we are talking about English, and there are always exceptions.

Back