dirty haiku

Hey you!

Good to see you again. I've missed your thoughts. Your advice on the first days of my little project here were invaluable.

Many thanks if I hadn't thanked you before, and many more if I had. :D

hello :)

i've not really had my poetry head on this past few weeks - too much going on at home but things are settling well, now, and i hope to be back in the saddle very soon.

thoughts ... yeah, i'm full of those. it's deciding which have any value that's the rub ...

:D

hello :)

i've not really had my poetry head on this past few weeks - too much going on at home but things are settling well, now, and i hope to be back in the saddle very soon.

thoughts ... yeah, i'm full of those. it's deciding which have any value that's the rub ...

:D

As long as there's rubbing, it can't be all bad, can it?

day 22

the cold stream trickles
over round rocks, filling pools
to sooth lovers' flesh

Moonlight Silhouette

putty on the walls
frozen taco semen balls
no one ever calls

day 23

virgin wilderness
the first stroke drips ink or blood
on creamy new sheets

Breakfast of Champions

sun rise griddle cakes
butter melt and syrup lakes
sausage dripping yolk

day 24

fingers squeeze the moon
making out on summer nights
cloud covers her breast

day 24 and a half

In chat with an old friend, I was reminded of my very first "haiku."

Do not fuck with me
I am oversensitive
and I'll kick your ass

day twenty five

in heavy hot air
sunlight filtered through trees leaves
drops of gold on skin

day 26

snow falls thick, blankets
over bodies, our fingers
seeking warm places

day 27

loon calls before dawn
fog revealing distant peaks
a girl undressing

Marshmallow Roast

scorching summer wind
mangled roses in a heap
bleeding on the curb

snow falls thick, blankets
over bodies, our fingers
seeking warm places

just a small suggestion, nerk - and i know it messes with your 5-7-5 layout, but this works even better for me if you omit the 'our' and make 'seeking' simply 'seek'.

just a small suggestion, nerk - and i know it messes with your 5-7-5 layout, but this works even better for me if you omit the 'our' and make 'seeking' simply 'seek'.

Thank you.

I said somewhere earlier that I don't have to be a syllable fascist when I revise these, and your suggestion would definitely improve this poem.

I'm waiting til I have enough of them that I think are actually worth revising and then I'm going to submit a pile of them in a much looser, whatever-the-hell-works-for-this-particular-poem, structure.

Back