Favorite Movie Quotes

raw
Anchorman

What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

What you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Billy Madison

Of course I think Apocalypse Now, but I pretty much hate Vietnam war movies and avoid them so I don’t know.
Martin Sheen was extremely drunk when he filmed that. He also cut his hand pretty badly when he broke the mirror. Method acting at its finest. Also, Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) now looks more like Dallas or Houston than the place Captain Willard knew. I guess they won that war.

https://webcdn.executivecentre.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/2018_5_2_Blog-image.jpg

Yeah, someone had a video about gun fights in movies and TV shows: six-shot revolvers that fire nine or more times without being reloaded, M-16s or whatever being fired on full automatic long after the magazine would be empty, etc. Also, they rarely show how deafening the noise is, especially inside a room or building.

Here's another one with some unlikely gun play. "All right, Garza, we give you 100% in acrobatics." Hint: it was made year before White Heat.
No takers, but that is a tough one and an old movie. Great location filming on Delancey Street and the Williamsburg Bridge. The 40's sure looked different.

Speaking of bullets, did they really need to kill that guy? I think he only had two left and, as Barry Fitzgerald said, he's not going anywhere. And for those cops to hit him at that distance is highly unlikely. But, like White Heat, movies need a big ending, plausible or not. By the way, it's a stunt dog. They gave him treats later for his good acting.

hey if anyone sees the captains balls let me know. they’re about this big, but a lot tinier. they’re like a pea or…like a ball bearing. or if you’ve ever seen a mouse ball, about half that size. incredibly tiny. they’re like really, really tiny little girl balls. if little girls had balls. so if you find tiny, little girl balls that so fucking tiny and shriveled up…let me know, because i’ll put them right back up his scrotum!

hey if anyone sees the captains balls let me know. they’re about this big, but a lot tinier. they’re like a pea or…like a ball bearing. or if you’ve ever seen a mouse ball, about half that size. incredibly tiny. they’re like really, really tiny little girl balls. if little girls had balls. so if you find tiny, little girl balls that so fucking tiny and shriveled up…let me know, because i’ll put them right back up his scrotum!
Is that from one of the Star Trek the next generation movies? 🤣🤣🤣

I think I once read that Kubrick fooled Scott into OTT acting in the role, by encouraging him to do them as aswarm up before the actual take. Then he used those shots.

Whatever, he’s a wonderful actor. A quote from my favourite movie he was in:
“Get on me Bert, I can’t lose”

I think I once read that Kubrick fooled Scott into OTT acting in the role, by encouraging him to do them as aswarm up before the actual take. Then he used those shots.

Whatever, he’s a wonderful actor. A quote from my favourite movie he was in:
“Get on me Bert, I can’t lose”
Yes, I've heard that about Scott and Kubrick too. The latter may have been a great director (most of the time) but he could be tough on actors. Like Nicholson had to intervene when Scatman Crothers (who wasn't that young) had to do numerous takes for The Shining. He did the same thing to Shelley Duval to stress her in the same way her character was being stressed. Nicholson himself would collapse from exhaustion after a day's shooting.

"This gravy and meat is very good. I will shit easily tomorrow". Movie: Just Visiting

It's here. The thing is that over time Hartman grows to appreciate Joker's sheer nerve and tenacity. Later, he puts him in charge of the squad. Click YouTube link to watch video on their site.

Another war, but military training has been the same for thousands of years.

"You prissy little schoolgirl; you're the worst soldier in this whole company."
You write born to kill on your helmet, and you wear a peace button? What’s that supposed to be private, some kind of sick joke ? 😝

“I may be old-fashioned, but I thought murder was against the law.”

A Hitchcock movie… there’s only 50 movies he directed… 🥰🥰🥰

“I may be old-fashioned, but I thought murder was against the law.”

A Hitchcock movie… there’s only 50 movies he directed… 🥰🥰🥰
Dial M for murder. The suspense. Almost all one room. No silly special effects. Just language and proper acting. Brilliant film

"You're going to try time traveling in this rust bucket?"
"Well, we've done it before."
"Sure, you slingshot around the Sun, pick up enough speed - You're in time warp. If you don't, you're fried."
"I prefer it to nothing."
"I prefer a dose of common sense! You're proposing that we go backwards in time, find humpback whales, then bring them forward in time, drop 'em off, and hope to Hell they tell this probe what to do with itself!"
"That's the general idea."
"Well, that's crazy!"
"You've got a better idea?' Now's the time."

"You're going to try time traveling in this rust bucket?"
"Well, we've done it before."
"Sure, you slingshot around the Sun, pick up enough speed - You're in time warp. If you don't, you're fried."
"I prefer it to nothing."
"I prefer a dose of common sense! You're proposing that we go backwards in time, find humpback whales, then bring them forward in time, drop 'em off, and hope to Hell they tell this probe what to do with itself!"
"That's the general idea."
"Well, that's crazy!"
"You've got a better idea?' Now's the time."
"There be whales here."

Dial M for murder. The suspense. Almost all one room. No silly special effects. Just language and proper acting. Brilliant film
I love that movie! But I was quoting Farley Granger… 😊😊😊😊

Last night I watched Rope… which has no normal movie “cuts” in it. Very much like a play. It also has Farley Granger in it… but the quote is not from “Rope”.

I love that movie! But I was quoting Farley Granger… 😊😊😊😊

Last night I watched Rope… which has no normal movie “cuts” in it. Very much like a play. It also has Farley Granger in it… but the quote is not from “Rope”.
Kind of a gimmick in an okay film. Jimmy Stewart is good, but hey he’s never not. I love Dial M tho.

and no, still no idea of any quotes

Back