Favorite Movie Quotes

I love that movie! But I was quoting Farley Granger… 😊😊😊😊

Last night I watched Rope… which has no normal movie “cuts” in it. Very much like a play. It also has Farley Granger in it… but the quote is not from “Rope”.
Oh I know, I just latched onto Hitchcock.

So many great suspense movies.

Vertigo, the birds, psycho etc. etc.

So much better than a lot of the stuff these days. And I’m only in my 30s 😝

Clockwork orange by Kubrick a personal fav

Oh I know, I just latched onto Hitchcock.

So many great suspense movies.

Vertigo, the birds, psycho etc. etc.

So much better than a lot of the stuff these days. And I’m only in my 30s 😝
I actually saw the original Psycho in a movie theater when it first came out. I was 10 years old and it scared the shit out of me!

Scotty!!!

“We are looking for Nuclear Vessels…”. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
My other favorite from that movie:

"My God, man! Do you want an acute case on your hands? This woman has immediate postprandial, upper-abdominal distention. Now, out of the way! Get out of the way!"

[They enter the operating room]

"What did you say she has?"
"Cramps."

🤣

I’m pretty sure that only dealt with American films.
Yes, it did not cover foreign films released in this country, which helped bring about its end. It was in effect from 1934 to 1968, although it changed somewhat over the years. We still see some of these same issues being wrangled over between moderators and authors on Lit and other sites.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hays_Code

I love that movie! But I was quoting Farley Granger… 😊😊😊😊

Last night I watched Rope… which has no normal movie “cuts” in it. Very much like a play. It also has Farley Granger in it… but the quote is not from “Rope”.
I think there is actually one cut in it. Anyway, stage actors have to do that all of the time. I once saw an actor forget his line, and another one whispered it to him. You really have to think on your feet when on stage.

The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this.

The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this.
I don't know what that is from, but he sounds kind of like a jerk if you ask me.
😝😝🤣🤣🤣🤣😊😊😊

another Steve Martin movie "All of Me" with Lily Tomlin
Oh! Thank you! I have that movie on DVD, it is a lot of fun. But I wouldn’t have remembered that line is from that movie… especially since I have used that line so many times since I first saw the movie... 🤣🤣🤣

@Photog1rl inspired this quote… which has always made me giggle a bit…. (Older movie, don’t ya know)..

”She is very sexifull!”

Oh! Thank you! I have that movie on DVD, it is a lot of fun. But I wouldn’t have remembered that line is from that movie… especially since I have used that line so many times since I first saw the movie... 🤣🤣🤣
I have used it many times since watching the movie also :LOL:

“If you're from California, you're not a Yankee. You're not really anything.”

I am not from California… I am from Oregon, several generations of Oregonians… but most of the important people in my life are from California. They all left California, but that is where they started… decades ago… 🤣🤣🤣🤣

"Have you ever had a dream where you're standing on a pyramid in sun god robes with thousands of naked ladies throwing little pickles at you?"
"Uh. No."
"Why am I the only one to have that dream?"

"...Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things that a man needs to believe in the most: that people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; that love, true love, never dies... No matter if they're true or not, a man should believe in those things because those are the things worth believing in..."

Hub McCann "Secondhand Lions"

Comshaw

Back