Halloween Stories

I entered two for Earth Day, would have been three but I was too late with the last one.

I entered two for National Nude Day.

I recommend entering the competitions because it gets your stories read. Views for my stories in the competitions are about three times normal. Feedback and votes are increased as well.

Og ( who has at least one story in preparation for Halloween - only 23 A4 pages so far so I'd better get writing if I'm going to finish in time. )

oggbashan said:
Ionly 23 A4 pages so far so I'd better get writing if I'm going to finish in time. )
Dear Og,
You simply MUST finish that preface and get started on the actual story.
MG

MathGirl said:
Dear Og,
You simply MUST finish that preface and get started on the actual story.
MG

MG

Useless fact. I have only had two submissions rejected when submitting to Literotica. Both were for being too short.

Perhaps I have overcorrected.

Og

Originally posted by oggbashan Useless fact. I have only had two submissions rejected when submitting to Literotica. Both were for being too short.
Dear Venerable Og,
I'm surprised. I've always thought of you as rather a largish man.
MG

I want to enter the contest

But my imagination is too crappy for a Halloween theme. :(

oggbashan said:
Og ( who has at least one story in preparation for Halloween - only 23 A4 pages so far so I'd better get writing if I'm going to finish in time. )

I've just realised what I have been doing wrong. I write my stories in Courier 10 point. If I change the print size I get a few more pages with no effort.

Og

PS. Only 30 A4 pages in 10 point so far. October 1st is getting close.

oggbashan said:
October 1st is getting close.
Dear Venerable Og,
Yes. I know that because the regular baseball season is almost over. You can set your calendar by that.
MG

MathGirl said:
Dear Venerable Og,
Yes. I know that because the regular baseball season is almost over. You can set your calendar by that.
MG

Cricket is virtually over too.

40 A4 pages of 10 point as of now.

Og

Og and others,

Your mention of 10 pt Courier reminded me that HP has come out with a new and improved version called Dark Courier. It behaves exactly like Courier except that unlike the original, it prints out much darker and more readable.

It's a free download on the HP site and should install automatically into MS Word. The old rumpled one says, check it out. :)

Rumple Foreskin

Thank you, Rumply. I say (as in the Brit expression), "Dark Courier" sounds like a good title for a H'ween story.

darkly, Perdita

perdita said:
Thank you, Rumply. I say (as in the Brit expression), "Dark Courier" sounds like a good title for a H'ween story.

darkly, Perdita
You've got a point. Maybe it could be the horrifying story of a Fed Ex delivery driver who's losing his eyesight and accidentally turns into an abandoned graveyard--.

Just a thought.

RF

Originally posted by perdita Thank you, Rumply. I say (as in the Brit expression), "Dark Courier" sounds like a good title for a H'ween story.
Dear Rumple and Pertida,
"Dark Courier" sounds like something that might appear on the vocabulary improvement thread. Haven't gotten to the "Ds" yet, though.
MG

MathGirl said:
Dear Rumple and Pertida,
"Dark Courier" sounds like something that might appear on the vocabulary improvement thread. Haven't gotten to the "Ds" yet, though.
MG
Should be a winner. Get a move on and get to dem D's.

RF

Re: I want to enter the contest

Lovepotion69 said:
But my imagination is too crappy for a Halloween theme. :(

Your imagination is quite nice, I think. Your AV could serve as the inspiration for a Halloween story. A lovely lady in scarf and dark glasses waiting in the fall breeze for someone to come to her rescue. Rescue from the promise of a lonely night in the dark. Rescue from the eerie silence of the graveyard behind the bench where she is sitting. Who knows what kind of friend might discover her plight? Or how long they have to seduce her from the world of her imagination?

-FF' (always available to generate ideas in the dark)

Halloween Contest

I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet or not, so here goes:

What are the requirements for submitting a story to the Halloween contest?

I'd like to write one and submit it, but I'm not sure if I would qualify or not.

BardsLady:rose:

Re: Halloween Contest

BardsLady said:
I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet or not, so here goes:

What are the requirements for submitting a story to the Halloween contest?

I'd like to write one and submit it, but I'm not sure if I would qualify or not.

BardsLady:rose:
Laurel will reveal all, probably on Wednesday. Odds are the requirements will be the same as for any Lit submission except the story should make some mention of Halloween.

Rumple Foreskin

Advance Warning. You have a week.

Extract from the sticky "Welcome Authors" at the head of the AH thread lists:

Contests:

"Halloween
themes: scary stuff, costumes, Halloween traditions (trick-or-treating, etc.), etc.
starts: October 8
closes: October 22
winners announced: October 29"

You have a week from now. I have already written 40+ A4 pages and I am continuing as practice for the NaNowriMo contest. Unlike that contest you can start writing beforehand and submit on day 1.

I will also try to write a "short" story as a second entry.

Ready, Steady, Get Set...

Og

"Scary" stuff is included. I hope that applies to the downright creepy and certainly disturbing. The story I have been working on (if you can call it working) hits on a bit of a taboo subject.

(Evil laugh)

I imagine it also has to have a sexual theme. Otherwise what good would it be?:)

This sounds quite fun I am interested. Is there a link some place that explains this better? I hear mentioned "Nudeday", "Valentines"... Is this a joke? I do not even remeber reading these stories in years past.
I hope not.

Phildo

A7inchPhildo said:
This sounds quite fun I am interested. Is there a link some place that explains this better? I hear mentioned "Nudeday", "Valentines"... Is this a joke? I do not even remeber reading these stories in years past.
I hope not.

Phildo
You're joking? Yes?

If not, try here for the Nude Day contest entries. I entered that. The Valentine's lot can supply their own link . . .

Alex

Alex De Kok said:
You're joking? Yes?

If not, try here for the Nude Day contest entries. I entered that. The Valentine's lot can supply their own link . . .

Alex

I have read you nude story entertaining! A little twisted but cool.
I have seen that link in the story section. I have not seen any Holloween link. In fact there is only one story that comes up in the search area.

OK, I have my idea going for my Halloween story (inspired by RhinoGuy):

Fairy Tail

-FF (and the hunt is on for the phallus impudicus)

Vincent E said:
How many of the AH regulars are planning to submit stories to the Halloween contest?

What do you consider to be a good Halloween plot?

Should a good Halloween story be scary or creepy?

Are you more interested in versions of the classic monster theme, i.e. Dracula meets the Bride of Frankenstein, or original creatures?

I'm planning on writing a story, I have a basic plot idea, and I am not really asking for ideas or advice. I am just wondering what most people think about this particular contest. I haven't entered one before, so I thought I would enter it this year.

I know halloween has past already, but here goes.......I think Halloween has always been the one time of the year that guys. like myself , can dress up in womens clothes and go out and not really be hassled. So a story along these lines would be good. Even better is if in the story the idea is the wife/girlfriends....just my thoughts

Back