Have ya'll seen the new feature?

Tatelou said:
I think you're right, Lauren. It's turned on in all my stories, except the Winter Holiday Contest entry.
It explains why it wasn't working on any of mine. :D

OK, OK

You've all convinced me. I'm going to *gasp* do it!

Thank you Pierce and Wills for doing the naughty deed first - ;)

Re: OK, OK

sweetsubsarahh said:
You've all convinced me. I'm going to *gasp* do it!

Thank you Pierce and Wills for doing the naughty deed first - ;)

Good luck. ;)

Yep, I want to thank you guys, too, for being the guinea pigs. :D

Lou

Hey, guys, it is working on my Dear Santa story - my submission to the Winter Contest.... but not on one of my other stories. Maybe it is having a problem keeping up with all of us playing with it? :D

TateLou,

Maybe I'm looking cross-eyed at the monitor (it happens to us aging boomers) but my contest entry DID have a comment screen.

Rumple

"Didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with that? YOU'LL GO BLIND!!!"

hehehehe

giggle

reohoko said:
"Didn't your mother ever tell you not to play with that? YOU'LL GO BLIND!!!"

hehehehe

yea but she agreed he could do it a little bit and wear glasses:devil: :D

Rumple Foreskin said:
TateLou,

Maybe I'm looking cross-eyed at the monitor (it happens to us aging boomers) but my contest entry DID have a comment screen.

Rumple

Well, my reading specs are recently updated. :D

And I see it too at the bottom of my contest story.

Edited:
I did write this not knowing what the post above was saying!!!

:eek:

reohoko said:
Hey, guys, it is working on my Dear Santa story - my submission to the Winter Contest.... but not on one of my other stories. Maybe it is having a problem keeping up with all of us playing with it? :D

Rumple Foreskin said:
TateLou,

Rumple

That's strange. I have seven stories here, all of them have the comment box, except my entry for the Winter Contest. Lauren's is the same.

Reo, I think you might be right. ;)

Lou

P.S. That's also the only one of my stories that is showing as 'new', could that be the reason? :confused:

You have to turn the feature on for each story? You can't do all fo them at once? OMFG, I've got 112 submissions!:(

I turned on my four (4) stories [ Yeah, I know, Svenskaficka! ] but not the other junk.

The three old stories have the Comment Link, and are just awaiting comments.

The NEW Winter Holiday Contest story, does not show a Comment Link.

I did run across this, trying to use the Search Engine:

"Because of high traffic the search function is temporary disabled. Please get back shortly."

What all that means. . . . :confused:

An Interesting New Feature

I toggled it on for all of my stories to see what shows up. A suggestion for Laurel, though:

Send an email notice to the author when a new comment shows up, similar to how it is done in the Forum when a new post is made to a thread we are subscribed to (at least give us the option of getting an email notification). Otherwise, it will be a bit of a chore to go find new/recent comments.

I always reply to non-anonymous feedback, as a courtesy, and I would want to do the same with this.

Singularity

yep

just switched it on, well got hubby to anyway, i don't piss about in other bits of literotica, scares me lots of weird things and weird people about, ugh!!

I saw this earlier today and wondered what it was since I couldn't seem to find any information on it anywhere.

Guess I will be brave and go turn it on for my three stories as well.

Comments

I am going to turn mine on for everything. I can't help wondering, though, why somebody would post a comment for public view and not send feedback.

People are odd, Boxlicker.

I turned mine on and discovered that you must allow feedback. So I added a warning to my bio that I suck ass at responding to feedback.

I may edit all of my stories to reflect that. I don't want anyone to waste their time.

I just saw this and turned it on for my single story before I really knew what it was about, "Damn the torpedoes, Man!"

It looks cool, another way for me to procrastinate while I am writing my second story at a snails pace. :p

Wills said:
The good thing about it is that it may stop people bombing leading stories as it shows what you voted against your name.

Should get some reaction.

Will's

Not really. I think they can still vote the old way and bomb 'em to their heart's content. :(

OTOH, I'm looking forward to all the biggies in the AH reading my stories and leaving (favourable) public comments. Those will be the days... *lapses off into daydream*

I'd like to see the name of the person who made the comment, or anonymous, on the screen below the story though. That is, before you click to read who commented.

And PierceStreet, do we get notifications in the mail when we get comments or you just have to keep checking?

Did all ya'll notice this critter is a moderated thing? You can delete comments.

I commented to one of my non-viewed poems and then deleted it. Verrrrry interesting.

My personal plan of the moment is to not delete anything that isn't spam, personal information, or death threats, I think. I doubt I'll respond to this since I don't really respond to much. Not even three shots of chai tea in twenty minutes.

*laughs softly* I can just see the view count skyrocketing as the neurotic authors check their stories multiple times per day. Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go check for comments. *grin*

Whisper :rose:

Whisp, "neurotic authors"? What? Never heard of such a thing. (Ha ha.) What a lark! as Mrs. Dalloway was wont to say.

Yesssss, I turned everything on too. :)

Perdita

perdita said:
Whisp, "neurotic authors"? What? Never heard of such a thing. (Ha ha.) What a lark! as Mrs. Dalloway was wont to say.

Yesssss, I turned everything on too. :)

Perdita

*blinks innocently* I didn't mean YOU!

Whisp :rose:

Ps. Love your AV hon. *growls softly*

whispering_surrender said:
Love your AV hon. *growls softly*
Thanks, sweets. That was me in high school (basically :eek: )

Perdita, ex putana :p

Back