Have ya'll seen the new feature?

Re: Re: Ummmmmmm

Rumple Foreskin said:
Pop,

I'm anxious to join such a distinctive conglomeration. But I may be way over-qualified. :)

Rumple Foreskin

What's that mate, the childhood practice, or the age:D A guy's only as old as the woman he feels, whoa!! what am I saying the wife might be about:devil: :D

If you all think you are bone headed and thick, get in line! When I first saw it, I thought it meant you were giving permission for other people to debate it in a public forum or something. I don't even have the age or blindness excuse. :rolleyes: Me

Oh, happy day!

BLACK TULIP GOT MY CHERRY!

Now I feel like a real, well, uh, Lit writer. (I wonder if that's why my prose is so often called, LITTER?)

Rumple Foreskin

ps Thanks for the kind comment, BT.

Originally posted by KillerMuffin
Did all ya'll notice this critter is a moderated thing? You can delete comments.

KM, what is the purpose of this then? To have a glamorous advertising board with only the highest of praise (everything else deleted at the author's discretion)? Do you have any sense what Laurel's intention was in adding this feature (or, maybe she will clarify somewhere)?

Re: Oh, happy day!

Rumple Foreskin said:
BLACK TULIP GOT MY CHERRY!

Now I feel like a real, well, uh, Lit writer. (I wonder if that's why my prose is so often called, LITTER?)

Rumple Foreskin

ps Thanks for the kind comment, BT.

Jeez, did you have to yell about it? I thought it was something between you and me.

:D

Too bad you can only do that once to a person. *sigh*

Moderation

I think it was pointed out that having control over the story comments was to delete only the truly nasty stuff and it would be a disservice to the reader if you deleted all the negative feedback you might receive. Someone can cut all the negative comments, but they can't hide the truth from themselves. It is about honesty and Laurel is giving the reader a voice before someone else reads the story. It's like reading a movie review b4 you pay to see it.

I deleted a comment, for example, made by a friend who had inadvertedly mentioned my name...

It says in the submission window that you can delete all the comments you want, but if people notice this and stop commenting, it's your loss. *shrugs*

Wills said:
Saucy Jack and the Space Vixens

This is British Theatre at its best (and worst)

Features the following cast:
Jubilee Climax
Anna Labia
Bunny Lingus
Sophie von Titbonk
Vulva Savannah
Jack de'Ath

It has been a relatively successful rep. touring show since opening at Edinburgh Festival a few years ago. For some reason, daughters theatre group think it will 'go down well' in our quiet suburban hamlet.

IF you need more, here's a link http://www.saucyjack-guildford.co.uk/backstage.htm

Will's (Must have been fun to write)

I'll apologize in advance for briefly hijacking a most useful thread. Thanks one and all for alerting me to this feature, telling me how to do it, and warning me about the 'double' voting confusion. For once I may not be 'thick as a plank'. ;)

Wills,

Please tell me that your suburban hamlet is no where near Oxford. Our oldest will be there for two more terms this year and the expansion of his earthly knowlege in the wilds of Maine and now the Hallowed Halls of Great Education has been most disturbing to my partner that thinks of him as her baby. To know that he will now be given extraordinary out of this world knowledge of such a carnal nature, is scary beyond words.

I have already warned him to flee, forthwith, from anyone introducing themselves as LouLou or Lorilove (but to get the phone number for his old man first). I would like to NOT have to put this on the list of banned activities. It is getting quite long. ;)

For everyone else, you may now return to your normal threadcast. Thanks for letting me interrupt.

Last edited:
Hi Ya OnD

He is safe, it is cosseted St Albans, though they are always willing to tour if he can sell enough tickets. :D

Will's

oh dear

OldnotDead said:

Please tell me that your suburban hamlet is no where near Oxford. Our oldest will be there for two more terms this year and the expansion of his earthly knowlege in the wilds of Maine and now the Hallowed Halls of Great Education has been most disturbing to my partner that thinks of him as her baby. To know that he will now be given extraordinary out of this world knowledge of such a carnal nature, is scary beyond words.

I have already warned him to flee, forthwith, from anyone introducing themselves as LouLou or Lorilove (but to get the phone number for his old man first). I would like to NOT have to put this on the list of banned activities. It is getting quite long. ;)

oh dear oldie my dear, oxford hay, oh dear, just 8 miles from me, good job you issued the warning, giggle.

Re: oh dear

LorriLove said:
oh dear oldie my dear, oxford hay, oh dear, just 8 miles from me, good job you issued the warning, giggle.

Will be off the boards a while. Think my son needs a fatherly visit for guidance this spring . . .

Re: Re: oh dear

OldnotDead said:
Will be off the boards a while. Think my son needs a fatherly visit for guidance this spring . . .

giggle:devil: :rose: i'll get the kettle on:D

I love them!

At first, I thought it was just me being a ditz!:rolleyes: I thought maybe they were always there and I just never noticed them! I'm glad to see that it's a new feature - :D - Anyway, I love it! I went and turned them on for all my stories, and so far, I've gotten some great responses, even on the older stuff! I just don't know if they are from new people, or people who like my stuff and just wanted to be nice! Either way, I think they're wonderful!

Anne's stories

Feedback

Mine has been on for a week and still no feedback on any story, except for what I did testing the system, although there is one from a poem. I like to think that people read part of a story, get so aroused that they get themselves or each other off, and don't finish the story or vote or send feedback. At, least, that's what I like to think.

Tatelou said:
Public comments.

I just checked my story stats and I noticed a new feature: Public Comments. It looks like us authors will be in for a new treat, and something else to obsess about. ;)

I'm gonna have a hunt around for more info on this, but if anybody else knows anything, please tell us. :)

Lou

well there's one comment 4 u so you can see how it works alittle better

:)

Re: Re: Have ya'll seen the new feature?

TheOverlord said:
well there's one comment 4 u so you can see how it works alittle better

:)

Thanks, Overlord. Also, thanks for the great feedback on 'A Birthday Kiss', it's much appreciated. :kiss:

It's never happened, btw, it's just a story induced by a mutual fantasy between myself and somebody else. ;)

Lou :rose:

Back