How do I find a munch?

Hmm... looking at where the munches were held, I didn't know my favourite restaurant is the place for them to congregate. Interesting...

re: personal story

http://www.blackrose.org/~bolero/asb-mich.html

I too thought I would investigate a local munch and I came across the above link. Do you see in the link where it's not necessary to RSVP prior to the munch and that in order to get on the group's mailing list it's first necessary to attend a munch.

Do I need to explain the catch 22 situation I find myself in or can you pretty much figure out what happened? I arrived at the appointed rendezvous, waited for more than an hour, saw nobody (literally nobody came upstairs) and returned home. So how do I find out anything about this munch group now?

I asked around via e-mail and found a few people who had been members when they were in town but have since moved elsewhere.

I worried after leaving that this might be about a group dynamic in which everybody wants to be the coolest one by showing fashionably late and late has gotten later and later.

I hope I am not sounding llike a big whiner but if anybody presents an open invitation, shouldn't the group at least live up to its end of the deal. This has been my experience. I hope that other munch organizers hear me out and perhaps adjust their invitations (especially my local group!).
I'll try again this month and report back whether anything is changed.

Back