If you build it, they will come.

My smile returned as I looked through your thread again. It definitely is a sight to relax in and leave the stress behind.

This titled "Apocolyptic Structure" It is life as I see it, rather chaotic, scary yet whimsical.

attachment.php

This caught my eye immediately. It struck me as a retelling of a time when sexuality was embraced and yet rejected, death was an ever-present tragedy, and power was shifting.

This caught my eye immediately. It struck me as a retelling of a time when sexuality was embraced and yet rejected, death was an ever-present tragedy, and power was shifting.

Thank you for that, it truly represents life as I see it. All of those that you mentioned represent yesterday and today. Tomorrow is scary.

attachment.php

Carving leather. You don't actually carve the leather beyond the initial cut to start your design, you tool it by hammering it while using special tools that leave certain impressions and marks. The darker colors are achieved by keeping the leather damp while in the tooling process. This is a wallet that I tooled and carried around for many years. Its actually about 15 years old.

Attachments

• Resizer_16146043958030.jpg
    Resizer_16146043958030.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
attachment.php

Pointillism. This is a piece that I have not finished, a piece started back 20 years ago and unsigned. Sometimes you find someone that gets you, enjoys you and finds a way into your heart. When they leave, you do almost anything to get the pain out, you can't. Once they enter into your heart, they are in your blood. As with pointillism, these are all dots and no straight lines.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1546637783427.jpg
    FB_IMG_1546637783427.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 25
attachment.php

Pointillism. This is a piece that I have not finished, a piece started back 20 years ago and unsigned. Sometimes you find someone that gets you, enjoys you and finds a way into your heart. When they leave, you do almost anything to get the pain out, you can't. Once they enter into your heart, they are in your blood. As with pointillism, these are all dots and no straight lines.

I haven't looked at my subscribed threads in a long time.. But damn. This is deep. Beautiful, and deep. :kiss:

In nature there are many hardships to overcome, one must endeavor to persevere. In those hardships beauty can be found. This beautifully built nest with its roof of snow is but one example.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Resizer_16172929573930.jpg
    Resizer_16172929573930.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 17
I thought you might be interested in the 24 hour live eagle cam. The nest is located in Hays, PA. According to the sight the sound is broken and cannot be repaired until after the eaglets have ‘flown the coop’ so to speak. But, the video is working. I believe there are 3 babies this year.

https://sportsmansparadiseonline.com/bald-eagle-cams/hays-bald-eagle-camera/

That was really neat to watch. The first bald eagle I saw was on I-80 near Harrisburg, PA in the early 90s. Now, I see them in my yard. Thank you for sharing the feed.

Back