In the Garden of Light and Shadow...

Ohhhh... 😍 It's another poetry book called Becoming the Villainess by Jeannine Hall Gailey.
I've never heard of her! So naturally, I just went and read her poem Spellcaster (as one does)...it was excellent.

I love poetry. I just read through every slim volume by Dana Gioia. His collection Pity The Beautiful is superb.

Free time and Inspiration have been lacking lately, y'all. The only upcoming theme for a photo I have is "Librarian" (Thanks playgrounders!) Do y'all have any themes you'd like me to attempt? Please remember, I may be sassy, but still have class even when undressed.
Since you’ve been sharing harvests lately, perhaps something harvest themed?

I've never heard of her! So naturally, I just went and read her poem Spellcaster (as one does)...it was excellent.

I love poetry. I just read through every slim volume by Dana Gioia. His collection Pity The Beautiful is superb.
I fell in love with her style when I came across this poem.
https://vocaroo.com/16jUXojnLrIJ

I'll look up Dana Gioia in just a few. I love being introduced to new poets!
Since you’ve been sharing harvests lately, perhaps something harvest themed?
Hrmmm... 🤔 Good idea!

Free time and Inspiration have been lacking lately, y'all. The only upcoming theme for a photo I have is "Librarian" (Thanks playgrounders!) Do y'all have any themes you'd like me to attempt? Please remember, I may be sassy, but still have class even when undressed.
Riffing on the class part, how about a sassy, mostly-nude teacher? (Or is that too much of a cliché?)
You could be teaching anything your impish heart can imagine, in a creative, playful, demanding, or pedantic manner as you see fit. Let your impulses run wild.
:unsure:🫢😳🥳

Betwixt poem and Muse, it's only natural that attention should slip back and forth between one and the other.

I attended the poem. Now I'll attend the Muse.

She seems to enjoy the attention 😉

A CAUTIONARY TALE
There is a girl who never returns her library books. Don't give her your heart it is unlikely you will see it again.
- Lang Leav
View attachment 2408524
An entrancing woman, offering her mind,
A man enthralled, feeling almost blind,
She takes his heart, his mind, his soul,
He offers them all, for a chance to be told,
That she cares as a friend, but not a step more,
He pays the price, a bargain, waiting for what’s in store…

Betwixt poem and Muse, it's only natural that attention should slip back and forth between one and the other.

I attended the poem. Now I'll attend the Muse.

She seems to enjoy the attention 😉
Oh, my... Though I must be honest, I'm uncomfortable being called Muse since an old lover called me that.
I'll take my chances. 🌹
Aww...
An entrancing woman, offering her mind,
A man enthralled, feeling almost blind,
She takes his heart, his mind, his soul,
He offers them all, for a chance to be told,
That she cares as a friend, but not a step more,
He pays the price, a bargain, waiting for what’s in store…
😍😍😍😍

Back