Isolated Poetry Blurt

How did you find this thread RF?

* blurt...

5) Moved to a rainy cold state to a hot/cold as hell state.
4) Finished two full sleeves of tattoos.
3) Blew out my knee and now I can't run like I used to, but I still self-flagellate with cycling.
2) Earned an ex-Wife.
1) Dropped off the internet for a few years for reasons I rather not relive.

5 things I did while I was away.

How did you find this thread RF?

* blurt...

5) Moved to a rainy cold state to a hot/cold as hell state.
4) Finished two full sleeves of tattoos.
3) Blew out my knee and now I can't run like I used to, but I still self-flagellate with cycling.
2) Earned an ex-Wife.
1) Dropped off the internet for a few years for reasons I rather not relive.

5 things I did while I was away.

Awww, lol .. Not funny but cute.. ;)

I've had this thread in my subscribed thread for years. Thank goodness Lit. keeps my stash of goodie threads .. ;)

Boy, the things I could post on what happened while I was away .. hmm, a new thread :)

:rose:

Dear Poetry Trolls,

Thank you for taking the time to click my poems and punking them. I'll consider it a read/feedback. At least my poems received some sort of attention from this sleepy section of Lit.

-Neo

Dear Poetry Trolls,

Thank you for taking the time to click my poems and punking them. I'll consider it a read/feedback. At least my poems received some sort of attention from this sleepy section of Lit.

-Neo

Are those bozos still at it? You'd think they'ed be out stealing Christmas lights...................:rolleyes:

Are those bozos still at it? You'd think they'ed be out stealing Christmas lights...................:rolleyes:

Oh hai,Tess. Yup, they're still at it. I don't really get why they waste their time, not like poetry ever had or gets any recognition on Lit.

@ Dangerous Liason, where did you lose champy?
Somewhere between 1982 and last month. I'm very sad. One thing we must remember... if you fail to use a hotmail account you will lose it eventually. I can't remember which email I used to register champagne1982 after the literotica mail server was dropped but my password doesn't seem to be working and I can't find the email to reset it to. It's quite disturbing, really. <sigh>

Somewhere between 1982 and last month. I'm very sad. One thing we must remember... if you fail to use a hotmail account you will lose it eventually. I can't remember which email I used to register champagne1982 after the literotica mail server was dropped but my password doesn't seem to be working and I can't find the email to reset it to. It's quite disturbing, really. <sigh>
I remembered! yay! omg.. I'm so relieved.

I remembered! yay! omg.. I'm so relieved.

Yea! I was just going to comment to your alt's post. Well, that's good news. Switch to a gmail email account then have it forward email to your main account. Then voila, if you forget again, the gmail one will always forward your password reset.

I've had the same gmail acounts for years without logging into them in several months, to years and still can get it them. gmail doesn't seem to purge inactive accounts.

Yea! I was just going to comment to your alt's post. Well, that's good news. Switch to a gmail email account then have it forward email to your main account. Then voila, if you forget again, the gmail one will always forward your password reset.

I've had the same gmail acounts for years without logging into them in several months, to years and still can get it them. gmail doesn't seem to purge inactive accounts.
Well, now that everything seems to be normal again, I'll maintain the status quo.

I need a filthy poetry topic though... feed me one! (Please)

Well, now that everything seems to be normal again, I'll maintain the status quo.

I need a filthy poetry topic though... feed me one! (Please)

Aw, damn. Looks like I missed out on an opportunity to be all over a dirty champy innuendo.

Champy's sexy AV is back. I remember it from when I first came to Literotica!

Last edited:
Champy's sexy AV is back. I remember it from when I first came to Literotica!
viscous as honey sweet cloys your tongue
against your lips it buzzes and drips
along the length that flexes thrusts
in pollinating your nose with musk and sex.

A poet needs to spend more time reading poetry so they know what a good poem or a bad poem is when they write it.

when first arriving at a forum, dropping a poem or two is kind of like introducing yourself through a calling card. it is then good manners to go visit other threads, others' writes, and engage through leaving comments. demands to be read and for members to pay attention the their new posts are a little off-putting, to be fair, however much newcomers desire to engage with other writers.

when first arriving at a forum, dropping a poem or two is kind of like introducing yourself through a calling card.

I don't know, I never liked calling cards and usually ignore those type of threads if they haven't posted in other threads first in PF&D. I'm actually kind of annoyed by them, a little selfish of new poets after two those poem dropping threads. But that's just me. *shrugs.

When I first came to this forum, it was an invite from Angeline then I didn't say much for several months since I felt self-conscious with all the great poets posting; I didn't dare post a poem, let alone make a thread for a lone poem!

Last edited:
I don't know, I never liked calling cards and usually ignore those type of threads if they haven't posted in other threads first in PF&D. I'm actually kind of annoyed by them, a little selfish of new poets after two those poem dropping threads. But that's just me. *shrugs.

When I first came to this forum, it was an invite from Angeline then I didn't say much for several months since I felt self-conscious with all the great poets posting; I didn't dare post a poem, let alone make a thread for a lone poem!

guess how they're viewed will always be up for debate, but i understand a newcomer's excitement and need to reach out doesn't bug me as much as you :) i wish some of them would take their time to do as you did first, though, giving a little of themselves before trying to suck others dry. everyone likes their writes to get read, and to be commented on is always welcome - to be 'in awe' of other posters on any writing site seems a bit ott to me, neo: all writers, and everyone had to start somewhere, and everyone still writes sucky stuff from time to time on our travels to getting better. :cool:

Last edited:
Unsaid

So much of what we live goes on inside–
The diaries of grief, the tongue-tied aches
Of unacknowledged love are no less real
For having passed unsaid. What we conceal
Is always more than what we dare confide.
Think of the letters that we write our dead.

Dana Gioia, 2001

Poems read clunky or feel like they're missing something if a poet is not-so-cleverly trying to avoid using nouns and pronouns. Don't be afraid use them in a poem, if you do, use them sparingly.

Poems read clunky or feel like they're missing something if a poet is not-so-cleverly trying to avoid using nouns and pronouns. Don't be afraid use them in a poem, if you do, use them sparingly.

Stephen King hates adverbs and I think I agree with him.

Okay, so I used a few on my blurt. Though, you have to agree when you see poets trying to not use nouns/pronouns when the poem needs reads weird.

I don't see how anyone can write a poem without them. You'd have poems that are active (verbs) but empty (no subjects). Weird for sure. Sometimes I think I go overboard taking words out but usually more stuff like "and," "but," words that don't add meaning to me. But I prolly do it too much.

I overuse adberbs, I have noticed um...frequently.

I am on a mission to keep them out of my poems if I can although if it's the right word, who cares what it is, eh?

Nice to see you. You're looking six-pack-tastic. :)

:heart:

The Color Chocolate

She must get this from her mother
that cute nose wrinkle, turning down
beef and vegetables.
This born again carnivore,
farmer's market hound,
has them always on his plate
and ate before the milk is gone.

But fool her and her mother too,
she has chocolate cake and mousse
for breakfast, cups full of
sneaky beets and zucchini.
The pudding topping is
protein powder in disguise.

Ick, right? I know, but I have to.

It's all brown, she doesn't care
because it's all colored chocolate.
That's what I tell her and she cleans
her dish better than soap and water.

guess how they're viewed will always be up for debate, but i understand a newcomer's excitement and need to reach out doesn't bug me as much as you :) i wish some of them would take their time to do as you did first, though, giving a little of themselves before trying to suck others dry. everyone likes their writes to get read, and to be commented on is always welcome - to be 'in awe' of other posters on any writing site seems a bit ott to me, neo: all writers, and everyone had to start somewhere, and everyone still writes sucky stuff from time to time on our travels to getting better. :cool:

my next thread Awe and Fear,
Hard as it may seem fpr some to believe I am in "awe" often, if you lose that you don't grow, time and time again I even post what I am in "awe" of, something my so-called peers (or is that pee-ers) have done. Sometimes I just wallow in mystery, those I fear, that is also healthy, like fear of you, buttercakes, I can honestly say you are the only moderator I've ever been afeared of (I feel you know something I don't) someday i may flap over to ol' merry olde and suck on you a bit, perhaps not drily, although I hear brits are fans of dry.
"awe"
the scent of your lipstick on the plastic spoon we share
a line written by a newb, almost as concise and explosive as the best Senna

if you think you know, you don't (i DON'T know)
if you don't know and want to learn, you do (IF I'm lucky and paying attention)
and "awe", I'm constantly amazed. well both ways.

my next thread Awe and Fear,
Hard as it may seem fpr some to believe I am in "awe" often, if you lose that you don't grow, time and time again I even post what I am in "awe" of, something my so-called peers (or is that pee-ers) have done. Sometimes I just wallow in mystery, those I fear, that is also healthy, like fear of you, buttercakes, I can honestly say you are the only moderator I've ever been afeared of (I feel you know something I don't) someday i may flap over to ol' merry olde and suck on you a bit, perhaps not drily, although I hear brits are fans of dry.
"awe"
the scent of your lipstick on the plastic spoon we share
a line written by a newb, almost as concise and explosive as the best Senna

if you think you know, you don't (i DON'T know)
if you don't know and want to learn, you do (IF I'm lucky and paying attention)
and "awe", I'm constantly amazed. well both ways.
:)

it's fine in my books to be struck, impressed, even awed by the writing - and i can be amazed and impressed by the people - but i'm having a hard time trying to remember ever feeling awed by a person. never really understood the celebrityhood stuff, the screaming fans and all that - we're all on the same level. we're people. i can be crazy about the brilliance of a mind, and still not be moved much by the person it lives in. i'd feel no more awed by meeting the queen than the sculptor working in his shed creating things of majesty. in a long-winded manner, I want every writer to understand that they can either do it or not, with time, application, and natural talent - but just because someone can write brilliantly does not mean they are better people or that it should render a newcomer hesitant about offering their honest opinions.

is it that you think i hide beneath this certain . . . portrayal of myself? i really only know what i know, which is a shedload less than some here, but i'm not afraid of learning or expressing what a poem leaks to me: there's always something more behind the words, an author's emotional signature, perhaps. don't quite know what to call it but (with good poems, i mean) i embrace it - and it's not always pleasant, being an emotional sponge. :eek:

hah - what threads have you been visiting? :D *batcave*
somewhere there's a poem about the sharing of poeticality, it probably sucks. maybe i can find it.

dry humour, yeah, as to the rest . . . not so much :devil:

Back