January 2016 Challenge: See, Say, Read, Write

I thought #35 recited by Mer was very poignant. With very economical language, the poet describes so well one of the aspects of Alzheimer's disease. Having noticeable short term memory problems, many desperately try to hold on to pleasant memories of long ago. My wife and I are observing that in my 93 year old mother-in-law who lives next door. Fortunately, she's incapable of wandering off.

I also think Mer wrote the poem.

#31 The Silent Mind Still Wants to Sing - yep, the gm signature; gm's renderings of aged home facilities are a bit too close to the bone for me - LOL; I spent several years visiting my parents daily or weekly, and oh boy. I so don't want to go there. Even when they sound as good as in gm's poems read by Tzara.

#32 Temporal Embrace - Woo, I'm still swooning - the poem and the voice go so well together, I'll guess it was written as well as read by DesEsseintes.

#33 Hotwired - was very funny (another Mags special?), and with one minor quibble, Piscator did a great job reading it. Love the voice as well.

#31 - too true, I to have seen the effects of this on my in-laws all part of being part of the sandwich generation. It does have that gm elegance and well read by Tzara

#32 - I'm not in a swoon but otherwise ditto

#33 - thanks Mer

Last edited:
I thought #35 recited by Mer was very poignant. With very economical language, the poet describes so well one of the aspects of Alzheimer's disease. Having noticeable short term memory problems, many desperately try to hold on to pleasant memories of long ago. My wife and I are observing that in my 93 year old mother-in-law who lives next door. Fortunately, she's incapable of wandering off.

I also think Mer wrote the poem.

Thanks, GM, for the compliment on reading but no, not my write. I second your comments, though.

#36 Enter Your Submission - made me smile, though I couldn't help hearing Trix reading it in impatient staccato, Southern drawl rather than the patient and rather dulcet tones of Tzara's reading. The poem definitely conjured Mistress Heather's cane. LOL

#36 Enter Your Submission - made me smile, though I couldn't help hearing Trix reading it in impatient staccato, Southern drawl rather than the patient and rather dulcet tones of Tzara's reading. The poem definitely conjured Mistress Heather's cane. LOL

I almost fell off my chair laughing after reading "subby wubby talk."

OK, I've now officially made a fool of myself. Twice. On the same day. :rolleyes:

Dulcet? :cool:

LOL, I too was thinking it begs for some southern disdain. Though I will admit to having listened to Tzara's reading mmm, let's just say multiple, times.

I'm thinking Mags for the author but having been wrong many times so far in this challenge I hold no certainty.

Lot's of good new stuff, but I'm taken with #33, Hotwired. Funny, yes, and also makes a point. And whoever wrote it (I think it's Piscator's poem) does just fine with the rhyme imho. :D

LOL, I too was thinking it begs for some southern disdain. Though I will admit to having listened to Tzara's reading mmm, let's just say multiple, times.

I'm thinking Mags for the author but having been wrong many times so far in this challenge I hold no certainty.

I thought it was yours! It's hilarious and I am loving all these poems that explore the question: "What makes for a good poem?" We are definitely having that conversation...again. (That makes about the 847th time since I've been here.) :D

I have two thoughts about #37. One: Mags wrote it. Two: Tzara sure can hisssssssssssss well.

I'm wondering, is JBJ in the house?

a lot of great poems and readings going here ...37 was hysterical cracked me up! hehe didn't have hobbits though :p

36 actually inspired me to write a reply to ...though I don't know who wrote it so I am not going to post it ...as I wish not to offend :p and I have no earthly clue who wrote it! ...

and desessentes read was breath taking! as was the poem of course to :p

there are just so very many good reads and poems here :p

a lot of great poems and readings going here ...37 was hysterical cracked me up! hehe didn't have hobbits though :p

There once was a Hobbit named Smeagol
Who strangled his poor brother Deagol
Over a shiny ring of gold
So precious to behold
Slip it on his middle finger 'n said,
Fuck you all!

or something like that ..................

There once was a Hobbit named Smeagol
Who strangled his poor brother Deagol
Over a shiny ring of gold
So precious to behold
Slip it on his middle finger 'n said,
Fuck you all!

or something like that ..................

haha only you :p

Lot's of good new stuff, but I'm taken with #33, Hotwired. Funny, yes, and also makes a point. And whoever wrote it (I think it's Piscator's poem) does just fine with the rhyme imho. :D
Thanks Angeline. Sigh, guilty as charged, this is from a while back and it confused some but not all.

21 - Black Cherry Heaven

bloody hell, Annie, that threw me for a moment - your reading of the opening lines made me do a double-take: you sounded like me! lol

glad you enjoyed the poem, thanks for the fruity reading :D

stuff to do, back later to continue reading/listening to you clever, lovely writers :cool::rose:

Thanks Angeline. Sigh, guilty as charged, this is from a while back and it confused some but not all.

That was read with Bronchitis lol hence the husky tone!

Added two more readings of "Enter Your Submission," one by Trixie and one by todski. Both much more, um, demanding the reader's attention than mine.

Check 'em out.

Liked both, but Trix's takes the cake! Her "subby wubby talk" reminded me of my piano teacher smacking my fingers with a ruler on the piano keyboard when I displeased her. (I once pulled my fingers out and she smacked hers against the keys instead! She was a bit shocked - served her right, though. :devil:)

This challenge has been so much fun! Well done, Tzara. :)

I hope everyone keeps doing at least occasional recordings of their pieces, or those of others that they'd like to try. It really is an interesting experience to hear the way someone else hears a poem.

Back