Man vs bear in the woods hypothetical

Not unlike abortion. It doesn't affect them personally, so men have VERY strong opinions on how women should be living their lives.

But it's not a control issue, nope. Nossir. Not in the least.
The abortion thing would be ever so slightly less annoying if they knew anything about the biology.
“6 weeks is plenty of time!”
Fucker, that’s 1 missed period.

What if she's an expert on grizzlies, and she's armed with a powerful weapon?
...except that she was previouly sexually assaulted by a man while walking alone. And she can anticipate what the bear will do far easier than what the man's actions will be. (See how this hypothetical works?)
You're not pushing this argument in the way I think you want it pushed.

If she has the power to kill a bear, she has the power to kill a man.

If she was previously assaulted (sexually or otherwise) by a bear while walking alone, she's probably bear shit.

The whole thing really boils down to a question of whether you fear humanity or whether you fear nature. Whatever answer you give, it's going to speak to your own personal worldview and it's unlikely that any element of objective reality is going to factor into it. And it's still all a moot question anyway, since what you should really fear is God.

I would probably pick the bear myself. Not because I consider either one to be dangerous, just because bears are less likely to try talking to you, and when I'm alone in the woods I typically go there to avoid having to talk to people.

Anybody that says they aren't frightened of bears has never been in the wild with a Brown, Grizzly or a polar bear. And a liar.

Even a black bear has 10 times the strength of your average man
Yeah, but Blackies are typically non-aggressive. Some friends and I had one come out of the woods and watch us camping for several days until he got too close for comfort and we decided to chase him off. Threw a few rocks his way and never saw him again.

Yeah, but Blackies are typically non-aggressive. Some friends and I had one come out of the woods and watch us camping for several days until he got too close for comfort and we decided to chase him off. Threw a few rocks his way and never saw him again.

Goofy bastard!

how much would yo pay for that ride?

Ahahhahahahah she want us to listen!

Men are talking and need sammichs and beer. NOW!

There is a special aisle for you at the grocery now...................

"Cat Food, Cat Toys, Box Wine, Meals for One"

Men are talking
about what?

and need sammichs and beer. NOW!
doordash-tips.jpg

:ROFLMAO:

Ahahhahahahah she want us to listen!

Men are talking and need sammichs and beer. NOW!

There is a special aisle for you at the grocery now...................

"Cat Food, Cat Toys, Box Wine, Meals for One"
Pet supplies, wine, and frozen food are on completely different aisles in the grocery store. Have you ever shopped for yourself?

Pet supplies, wine, and frozen food are on completely different aisles in the grocery store. Have you ever shopped for yourself?

It's a picture kind of day. Heh. But that's the reality for so many men - they are overrated. And over valued. And the sad thing is - he knows it. Will he admit it? Never.

1715032985055.png

The most interesting thing about this is how defensive men are about it. Like insane levels.

To the point of dismissal to denigration to being outright derogatory.

Yes, men, women think you are threatening and dangerous. If you have a problem with that perception, you won't change it by dismissing, denigrating or otherwise yelling at women. You'll just reinforce it.

Your choice. If you choose to reinforce it, then STFU about it. We hear from men all day every day.

The most interesting thing about this is how defensive men are about it. Like insane levels.

Yes, men, women think you are threatening and dangerous. If you have a problem with that perception, you won't change it by dismissing, denigrating or otherwise yelling at women. You'll just reinforce it.

Your choice. If you choose to reinforce it, then STFU about it. We hear from men all day every day.
The problem with both sides of this argument is thinking that there's really all that much difference between between ourselves and the bears.

It's almost funny. I'll bet that if bears could talk, you would also have them charging in to bearsplain to women why they're wrong for choosing men. And, in truth, I'll bet their arguments would be at least as good as ours.

Bears are animals. They're driven by instinct to satisfy their stomach and their gonads and they'll do whatever they think they can get away with to achieve satisfaction. Humans are also animals. To pretend that our desires are really any more or less noble is self-deluding and self-defeating.

The most interesting part for me is the women who think they have a better chance of survival against a bear.

Most guns will stop a man, a bear, not so much. Choosing the bear is done out of ignorance.

Women could not survive without men. Something would break and they'd be fucked.
History has shown that they can do quite well on their own, actually.
It's a picture kind of day. Heh. But that's the reality for so many men - they are overrated. And over valued. And the sad thing is - he knows it. Will he admit it? Never.

View attachment 2345511
ITT: Feminist accidentally makes the case for convents.

The problem with both sides of this argument is thinking that there's really all that much difference between between ourselves and the bears.

It's almost funny. I'll bet that if bears could talk, you would also have them charging in to bearsplain to women why they're wrong for choosing men. And, in truth, I'll bet their arguments would be at least as good as ours.

Bears are animals. They're driven by instinct to satisfy their stomach and their gonads and they'll do whatever they think they can get away with to achieve satisfaction. Humans are also animals. To pretend that our desires are really any more or less noble is self-deluding and self-defeating.

If a woman is attacked by the bear she'll be believed.

The most interesting part for me is the women who think they have a better chance of survival against a bear.

Most guns will stop a man, a bear, not so much. Choosing the bear is done out of ignorance.
Dismissal.

He's saying that he would like to see all of those items. Because, I'm guessing, he thinks they go together somehow?

No on the boxed wine though. That'll be banned by order of Comrade Gorbachev and our new Islamic overlords.

Back