Modern Day Fairy Tale Chain

I would like to join in if it's not too late. I would like to do The Ugly Duckling although I know it's already been chosen but from reading the thread thats o.k.
I can have it submitted on April 29th,
Erin

I would like to join in if it's not too late. I would like to do The Ugly Duckling although I know it's already been chosen but from reading the thread thats o.k.
I can have it submitted on April 29th,
Erin

Great, I put you on the schedule! :)

Welcome aboard, Erin, and welcome to the AH!

I have been sick. My story may be delayed. I'll try to work on it as soon as I'm able to spend more than an hour out of bed.

glynndah, I'm 9 pages into my story so there's a fair chance that I will be able to submit it earlier than I originally anticipated. Could do a swap? :rose:

I have been sick. My story may be delayed. I'll try to work on it as soon as I'm able to spend more than an hour out of bed.

Aww. :rose:

:kiss:es whereever you need them.

Or want them. :devil:

I'm on a roll with mine, as well. I was at work this afternoon and the whole story sort of blossomed in my head. Got seven pages done already. ;)

*sigh* Gonna be another long one . . . .

Okay, so I looked over the list and didn't see Prince and the Pauper so can I claim that one?

O.k. Help. I need some ideas for my story. I chose to do "The Ugly Duckling" and since I feel most comfortable writing romance stories the only idea that is stuck in my head are those cheesy movies like "The Princess Diaries" and "She's All That."
Can anyone give me some ideas other than that?
Erin

O.k. Help. I need some ideas for my story. I chose to do "The Ugly Duckling" and since I feel most comfortable writing romance stories the only idea that is stuck in my head are those cheesy movies like "The Princess Diaries" and "She's All That."
Erin

You could make her (assuming your character is female) a Goth or punk, and the man who wants her is very conservative. Maybe it turns out that he joins her lifestyle, so in the end, it's not about her changing to appear more beautiful to him, but that he changes to accept her for who she is.

Erin

How about this.

The girl in question had a lot of conditions that caused her to be made fun of and shunned in high school. Like she had glasses, braces, acne, etc. Then in college she blooms into this mega hottie, then goes to her ten year high school reunion.

You could go a few different directions from there. Revenge, search for acceptance, gets the guy she was in love with in high school, etc.

You might want to change drksideofthemoon to D_K_Moon. Now, if I could only come up with an idea!

You might want to change drksideofthemoon to D_K_Moon. Now, if I could only come up with an idea!

Here's some stories for ya to think on, cowboy. :D

'The Brementown Musicians.'

'Three Blind Mice.' (a nursery rhyme--but still...)

'Jack and the Beanstalk.'

'Three Billygoats Gruff'.

'The Cobbler and the Elves'.

Any bells a'ringin? ;)

Erin

How about she's horribly disfigured after a road accident and the boy she loves won't even look at her any more. Then, she goes on a reality TV Make-over show, has plastic surgery etc, and miraculously becomes super sexy again!! :D

Now the boy wants her, but eventually she realises that he's a superficial rat. Her true love is someone else, the guy who was sweet to her before and is waiting for her to notice him now she's overwhelmed with male attention. Confusing eh?

For some reason I also keep thinking of the Cher film, The Mask, about the blind girl and the boy with the facial disfigurement. Oh well, a few ideas in the pot for ya. :)

Might this be a good outlet for our talents? We could fill the entire anthology with Literoticans!

x
V

I'm having trouble starting mine as well. I said I was going to do Little Mermaid, but Beauty and the Beast is the one that seems to want to be written. I'm determined my stories are not going to get the better of me! lol

Thanks guys for the idea. I've never been involved in a chain story before and was just worried that my ideas were lame.

Karenna - always annoying when the story you plan to write turns into something completely different.

Thats neat about the anthology - would be neat to have a bunch of stories from this chain in it.

Erin

You could do a girl that was adopted into a family that she looks nothing like. She could be asian and they caucasian. It would be more a story of self discovery and in the end she sees herself the way others do, beautiful, dispite and because of her differences.

just an idea.

Back