Modern Day Fairy Tale Chain

The Little Mermaid is finished!! Longest... story... ever... or at least my longest-ever short story. Over 10,000 words.

I can't end mine with "happily ever after", 'cause in the original Little Mermaid, she and the prince don't get a happy ending, and I stuck to that with my story. I'm glad I popped in here, though, because I forgot to start with "Once upon a time".

The Little Mermaid is finished!! Longest... story... ever... or at least my longest-ever short story. Over 10,000 words.

I can't end mine with "happily ever after", 'cause in the original Little Mermaid, she and the prince don't get a happy ending, and I stuck to that with my story. I'm glad I popped in here, though, because I forgot to start with "Once upon a time".

Well done! :) I look forward to reading it.

The "Happy Ever After" bit isn't obligatory. It was just my own addition. If it works for some stories - great. If not, then never mind!

Well, it's supposed to be a modern fairy tale, so I think we can ditch the Once upon a time...

Well, it's supposed to be a modern fairy tale, so I think we can ditch the Once upon a time...

Except it was already agreed upon to add it to the beginning. (Read back, it's in there somewhere.) Selena added it to the first post that all stories should include it.

Except it was already agreed upon to add it to the beginning. (Read back, it's in there somewhere.) Selena added it to the first post that all stories should include it.

LOL, I see it there now, but I never agreed to it. (I have a hard time following the rules at the best of times) :D

LOL, I see it there now, but I never agreed to it. (I have a hard time following the rules at the best of times) :D

I included the phrases in mine, but in a sort of tongue-in-cheek way ;)

I think they work.

Quite a few readers will be expecting it, especially if they share the 'wink and nudge' approach.

;)

Very nicely done, Rach. You've set a high standard for the chain.

Hmm.. judging by my latest PC, not everybody is a fan! :eek:

Thanks for your kind words however. :kiss:

Having had a sneak preview of Slyc's, watch out for it - it's seriously good.

Hmm.. judging by my latest PC, not everybody is a fan! :eek:

Thanks for your kind words however. :kiss:

Having had a sneak preview of Slyc's, watch out for it - it's seriously good.

What! Not everyone likes that story? I'll go beat them with a stick.. I'll be back...

Erin

Sorry I've been so absent - online and offline drama... what else is new??

I read your entry, Rach, RCV'd, great start!!! I linked it on the first page of this thread, too... don't forget to go visit and leave a comment and vote for Rach.

:kiss:

Rachlou,

Your fairytale was everything a fairytale is supposed to be...it was wonderful.

Great story, rachlou.:rose:

Mine will be submitted tomorrow evening. I decided to make some changes to it today, so I want to give it a last read tomorrow after work before submitting.

Thanks, guys :kiss: I hadn't realised how daunting it was being first in the chain! :eek:

Looking forward to reading all your stories, too... ;)

:eek: So, I just drove myself crazy finishing mine up. Then I remembered we moved all the dates down and it isn't due until Saturday.:rolleyes:

Oh well, I guess that means I have time to read it again with fresh eyes and do one more edit.

It's a good thing mine's not due until the end of April because it's not cooperating at all.

I keep waiting for slyc's!!! Mine was submitted on time :D. hopefully it should be out a couple of days after slyc's, but where is it!!!! It is funny how it seems so long when you are waiting for something specific!!:eek:

Back