My Milky Journey

Post-pump nipples has me giggling, thinking about this :D

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/04/100419132403.htm

A study conducted in Sweden about the power of breast milk in destroying cancer cells opened up new discoveries about the potency of breast milk in cancer treatment.

A Swedish biologist who was looking at ways to destroy cancer cells mixed breast milk along with the cancer cells and found that the cancer cells were actually being destroyed by the breast milk.The finding is still in its research stage.

However, patients can still benefit by trying to include breast milk in their daily diet to check its efficiency. Since breast milk is completely pure and free from side effects, this is a clinical trial that can be safely administered for one and all.

Straight from the breast is best because when milk is exposed to oxygen it starts to oxidize and looses strength in stem cells and nutritional value. Oxygen, freezing and thawing deletes the strength of the breast milk .

Wouldn't it be neat if women could provide breast milk therapy through breast feeding when one has cancer? I imagine that the therapy itself would be therapeutic through the power of touch.

that sounds amazing , so in the future you could be required to feed folks to save their lives - that would make your journey so much more worthwhile :heart::heart:

Unfortunately I don't know if/how it would ever be feasible (in the US anyway). I imagine the background check would be extensive, and the women would probably either be medicated or made to take certain supplements to be considered "safe". As it is, if a new mom is looking for donor breast milk for their baby, they have to go through a milk bank - where they charge (in my state) $2/ounce... PER OUNCE. It's insane. They also pasteurize the milk coming from donors, depleting it of its complete nutritional value. I think if someone was going through cancer treatment and decided to go this route, they would be better off going through a private party over medical facility.

even if doing privately they'd probably want a certificate of health, but $2 an ounce sounds so undervalued!

If that person was to be "certified" they would most likely be working for a medical facility of some kind. I meant privately, as in someone seeking out a breastfeeding woman on their own who is willing to provide. Before my youngest was able to really get going with breastfeeding I had a friend donate breast milk to me until we were able to get her latch properly. I had some complications right after her birth where I had to be in bed for a few days and was extremely exhausted and unable to breastfeed so the donor supply was great for us. If I had gone through a hospital it would have been extremely expensive. $2/ounce is pretty expensive when you consider each bag is about 8 ounces. That will maybe get you through one day, depending on how much the baby eats on demand. It adds up quickly! Just another example of the medical community taking advantage of those in need.

my wife couldn't provide at all so went onto made up milk from a compound, great shame though, my daughter has though and she had twins just over a year back which she found hard.

yes if someone can make some money they will milk it dry so to speak

Why was it shameful? I hate it when people shame mothers when things like this happen. Mom-shaming is real, and it's ROUGH!

i wasn't shaming her as such, she was very upset she couldn't do it, i meant it was a shame she wasn't able to do so for herself

Ah I see. Yes, it can be very hard when it doesn't work out. It can really effect your mental state as a new mom. :heart:

yes it did for a while, so when we had our 2nd she decided not to try and so not upset herself

I hate hearing situations like that. :( But I'm glad she recognized that it would upset her more than be beneficial. Mom's mental health is just as important :heart:

Unfortunately I don't know if/how it would ever be feasible (in the US anyway). I imagine the background check would be extensive, and the women would probably either be medicated or made to take certain supplements to be considered "safe". As it is, if a new mom is looking for donor breast milk for their baby, they have to go through a milk bank - where they charge (in my state) $2/ounce... PER OUNCE. It's insane. They also pasteurize the milk coming from donors, depleting it of its complete nutritional value. I think if someone was going through cancer treatment and decided to go this route, they would be better off going through a private party over medical facility.

Sooo glad I clicked the link to your thread!
Now... I want to get or fake cancer if my insurance will pay for a “wet nurse” for me!

Was that you modeling your pumps on the last page!

You are a hero!! I hope you find some good helpers with whole to share your super power

Thank you!!

Subscribed !!

Sooo glad I clicked the link to your thread!
Now... I want to get or fake cancer if my insurance will pay for a “wet nurse” for me!

Was that you modeling your pumps on the last page!

You are a hero!! I hope you find some good helpers with whole to share your super power

Thank you!!

Subscribed !!

Well hello, and thank you. Welcome :) yes that is me wearing the cordless pumps. They are the best things ever. Thank you for joining me on my journey.

May it be a long wet journey !!

I am hoping the journey won't be much longer, but from there, definitely long and wet :)

Nothing much new to report so far... still pumping. Still waiting on my domperidone. CV has slowed the post here but I am hoping it will be here next week. That should kick things into high gear. I had a very vivid dream the other night that I was lactating and spraying my bathroom mirror with milk once it came in. That is definitely something I would do. Here's hoping it's a premonition and it lets down soon.

I am hoping the journey won't be much longer, but from there, definitely long and wet :)

Nothing much new to report so far... still pumping. Still waiting on my domperidone. CV has slowed the post here but I am hoping it will be here next week. That should kick things into high gear. I had a very vivid dream the other night that I was lactating and spraying my bathroom mirror with milk once it came in. That is definitely something I would do. Here's hoping it's a premonition and it lets down soon.

eagerly awaiting any and all updates. Its been a great ride so far ...;)

Happy Friday everyone. Seeing subtle changes and it makes me happy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
and a happy friday to you too, your breasts and teats are looking wonderful and very suckable too, i'm very hungry now :kiss::kiss:

Thank you ;) they are feeling good. It would be so much better to be suckled now though :devil:

Back