NaPoWriMo Chat, Comments, Commiseration

Tods your latest poem (4/17) is an absolute knock out. This challenge has been really good for you.

Actually everyone is rising to the occasion. There is so much talent on this forum. Who'd a thunk it, eh? :)

Tods your latest poem (4/17) is an absolute knock out. This challenge has been really good for you.

Actually everyone is rising to the occasion. There is so much talent on this forum. Who'd a thunk it, eh? :)

You’re definitely correct on the second part of your comment, the first I don’t know, it wasn’t even what I was thinking about when I started writing it just sort of happened.... oddities and confoundities or something like that, the muse took over and told me to shut up, I think I was as surprised having written it as anyone else is simply reading it for the first time

Moochie’s Blitz I thought was pretty good, and Tzara and Champ sublime interplay, and I thought I had stamina ;)

REMEC, good to see you back and attempting to catch up, good thing Calli doesn’t charge late fees for poems :D

REMEC, good to see you back and attempting to catch up, good thing Calli doesn’t charge late fees for poems :D

Yeah, fees would totally wreck my budget. hehehe Been trying to do more on the weekend since my weeks have been oddly busy, but it's not been helping all that much.

Everyone has been very kind with their praise. I scour the poetry thread for inspiration and so I feel a bit of an imposter to reap encouragement from the hard work of other poets. I am a thought parasite who sometime wears a sapiosexual guise and that moves me to write my lurid ideas into the occasional ribaldry or riff of a tasty bit of erotica. Tzed has been incredibly good at making even the meaty ins and outs of sexuality tasteful :devil:. It has been my pleasure to formulate poems out of his words. Write on, poets! Right on!

Nice going Champ, Lev, Moochienanu, for passing the halfway mark! It's a good feeling that there's less to do than you've already done, isn't it? :)

:nana::nana:So much talent, so many gems and so few clunkers. But also persistence, by my count 9 of us are beyond the half-way point, with goodie goodie Tzara at the 2/3rds point. And most of us have managed to avoid haiku, American sentences and limericks :cathappy::cathappy:

Special kudos to Champ, Calli, tod and Tzara for their poetic explorations of pas de deux and ménage à trois variations, 29snow for keeping us kool, Moochienanu for a kiss blitz, levitating bed for keeping us ungrounded, REMEC for maintaining a reasonable work/life balance and keeping the bills paid and Angie for being Angie

Last edited:
:nana::nana:So much talent, so many gems and so few clunkers. But also persistence, by my count 9 of us are beyond the half-way point, with goodie goodie Tzara at the 2/3rds point. And most of us have managed to avoid haiku, American sentences and limericks :cathappy::cathappy:

Special kudos to Champ, Calli, tod and Tzara for their poetic explorations of pas de deux and ménage à trois variations, 29snow for keeping us kool, Moochienanu for a kiss blitz, levitating bed for keeping us ungrounded, REMEC for maintaining a reasonable work/life balance and keeping the bills paid and Angie for being Angie

All well said Pisc, I couldn't agree more.

We'll see how long I can keep this davenport in the air - I just put up an American Sentence, and I'm almost positive I'll be writing at least one (most likely terrible) haiku somewhere in the next few days. The home stretch is right around the corner though, right?

What he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^

She sounds delightful, and from the amazing portrait you've given us of her, I think she would love your tribute to her, perhaps with a touch of the smugness you mentioned. I love how much I felt your gratitude for knowing her and being loved by her. Special people are never with us long enough, but they sure make you appreciate every moment you got. Sorry if I'm rambling a bit, I'm a wreck. :)

Looking for that invisible, warm, column of air:
the one that will let you rise,
the thing you cannot see until it suddenly surrounds you -
turning into and out of it
mapping it's edges in the moment
by the way you rise and fall
the way the right combination of turning
outwards and inwards regulates altitude.

I really liked this poem, but this bit in particular put a lump in my throat. I can't fully articulate why at the moment, so I'll just stick with saying that it really moved me.

Two thoughtful writings by Levitating_Bed and tod, today, worth both, reading and meditating on...

...one milestone of one road to go...long and windy...and going to...

Last edited:
I don’t know if I’ve got 7 poems left now,
feel like I’m drowning in a hellscape of words
as if my head has become October pumpkin
and all I have is the glow of a candle
that’s flickering and ready
to disappear in a wisp I’d smoke

Angie I’ve felt your pain on the hay fever side of life, nice little verse, it hits home for me :)

We already had some weather poetry, but from my point if view Moochie's Tut Tut renders the childish April weather just perfect in its metaphor - mostly such a brat, but at moments it can be such a little angel, but well, you cannaot let them sleep all day long, can you?

And what a coincidence, it's followed by Piscator's non-egocentric blitz, that's a good fit.

Back