new poems

Re: Thanks all

Angeline.
I assume that you'll still hang around at least? Just not doing this on schedule?

:rose: /Ice

I'm sure you have your reasons, but I wish you would reconsider...

Life demands and priorities have shifted.

Most of you know I have a book coming out soon. My end of the work on it is largely done, but there are things left to do, and I have several other writing projects that are languishing for lack of my attention. Between those, raising two kids and other personal stuff (besides the personal stuff chronicled on that *other* thread :D), my life is getting way too crowded. I need to get on with it as best I can.

This board is in such a good place now--so many truely gifted writers are here, and we all help one another and I think we have all grown from it--I know I have. I hope to continue to learn from all of you--I'm just moving more into *application* mode.

:rose:
A.

P.S. Yup, Ice, I'll be around. Every few years I make a concerted effort to be a grown-up. It usually fails, but I do like to try. :)

Last edited:
All the best to you, Ange!! I wish you well in all you do... and when I get done w/ my 'Organization Angel' I'll send him to you!

and a sappy P.S. Thanks for being YOU!!

Angeline:

You have my wishes for the best of everything, from family life to professional success.

ssong

ohhhhh Ang, don't be a stranger, mmk?

I'm so happy for you, and understand completely how life works. *I'm in the middle of preparing gallery applications myself*.

Best of Luck to you. I'm going to miss your critiques, I have to say, some of my favorites came from you. I'll have to stalk you over on the poetry comments. <it's almost a board unto itself now>.

ohhhhhh, and can I still reach you in Pms? I have my dates for NYC?

ohhhhh Ang, don't be a stranger, mmk?

I'm so happy for you, and understand completely how life works. *I'm in the middle of preparing gallery applications myself*.

Best of Luck to you. I'm going to miss your critiques, I have to say, some of my favorites came from you. I'll have to stalk you over on the poetry comments. <it's almost a board unto itself now>.

ohhhhhh, and can I still reach you in Pms? I have my dates for NYC?

i'll be around and no doubt blah-blahing away in those public comments. And thank you. :rose:

And yes, yes--let me know about NYC. I'll take the A train (we'll have to meet on Sugah Hill, sugah, lol). No wait, I'll just take a train. We'll schmooze, bubeleh--maybe a lil Barney's, hehe. :kiss:

did someone mention the train?

ill carry the bags

play porter

Um yes. Porter no, but Library Hotel, right? We'll meet Perks for drinks at the Poetry Garden. :)

glassrm.jpg

Tristesse said:
Senna Jawa as an adjective - I lurve it. :D

P.S. ....and I agree with you.

SJ:   total of   924   posts;   1.60/day

Perks: total of   23773   posts,   25.37/day

(narcissistic:

SJ: no av

Perks: weed up her ass, red ribbon).

Senna Jawa said:

(narcissistic:

SJ: no av

Damn, I was really hoping for a blue ribbon, or best of show.

As for narcissistic... no, I'd technically go with histrionic. *nods*

Thanks, armchair psycho.... er... psychologist, yeah, that's what I meant.

Senna Jawa said:
I think it's supposed to be smoked, but Perks is so damned adventurous.

What have I missed? Is Angeline going somewhere?

I think it's supposed to be smoked, but Perks is so damned adventurous.

What have I missed? Is Angeline going somewhere?

how do you know she's not?

i'm coming to your house, and i'm not leaving until i get a poem about boogying travolta zombies :p

Angeline said:
how do you know she's not?

i'm coming to your house, and i'm not leaving until i get a poem about boogying travolta zombies :p
Shut up about those damn zombies!

Pick of the Lit.

There are a number of fine poems today, but my favorite, and I don't care who objects to me choosing a favorite, has to be the sweet and gently illustrated poem in which Tristesse so masterfully captures what makes a young child fall in love with words and become a book voyager forevermore. She captures the ability of a good book to lift a reader above the ordinary and mind-sail them away over verbally tossed seas to the marvelous lands of their own imaginations. This poem, Between the Covers, makes me want to be young again so that I might make those initial dream-trips once more. Marvelously crafted in no more words than absolutely needed.

Go read this gem; burn your television, grab your kids, and teach them the magic of books!

Thank you, Tristesse. :rose:

Regards, Rybka

truly loved that

thanks Rybka

Tess

once again

humbled

:rose:

(parent of young readers here)

13th December 2003

The new public comments feature really is great. Makes going through the new poetry list every day a lot more fun.

Of the poems posted today, my personal recommendations are:

Between the Covers
by Tristesse ©

It's an illustrated submission, and beautifully done. By itself the poem would be well worth the praise. An ode to the pleasure of reading in bed.

-------

significant things
by smithpeter ©

After you finish your book, you may want to think twice about leaving bed. Smithpeter insists on calling it Non-erotic, but we know better. ;)

-------

They Never Change
by JasperMan ©

It's a rap! May not be to everyone's liking, but it flows reasonably well and is worth the read.

-------

Grown Man, Crying
by denis hale ©

A powerful piece with the strong imagery Hale has gotten us used to.

-------

Rainy day girl
by Debbie ©

Angeline said it best: it's a fluid and song-like poem, and thoroughly enjoyable.

-------

Fantasy of Eyes
by arousedquill ©

It's the sexiest poem of the day.

Senna Jawa said:

For a second, I tried to imagine how the world would be if those stats were

SJ: 23773 posts - 25.37/day
Perks: 924 posts - 1.60/day

*shudders*

Not so close to Christmas, please...

I think everyone just assumed you didn't know how to get an avatar...
:confused:

Last edited:
Thank you Rybka, ee and Lauren and thank you for the public comments - Boo, Angeline and Icingsugar. I'm sorry that the text is rather small but la-de-da.

Why has it been deemed "H" I wonder? I thought that honour was for erotica.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tristesse said:
Why has it been deemed "H" I wonder? I thought that honour was for erotica.
The red Hs are for all submissions with 10 or more votes and a rating of 4.50 or better.

There's nothing small about that text, Tess. It's just perfect. :rose:

Back