new poems

Re: New on the 6th

WickedEve said:

This poem reminds me of one of my ex's night terrors.
Panic Again Panic
by neonurotic ©

Open your eyes!

Gawd, it's not dream,
I'm awake.

Dripping with sweat
I'm hot under my skin.
burning up,
filled with heat.
Thanks Eve, Angeline and to you all that left FB in PC and privately. I appreciate your time as always.

- neo

The New poems for 1/7/04

There were so many great poems posted today

a passionate break- suddenly
by BooMerengue link

Lovely use of imagery and language. Despite the fact that it's only about 17 cegrees here I could feel the warm hazy heat.
totally a 5 :)

Summer Greens
by celisnebula is another poem that had some great images in it,
There's a lack of spacing but it's still a really good piece that once again brings you right into the scene being written about.

Here's a excerpt I found to be very well written and striking
index : Non-Erotic Poetry : Summer Greens

Summer Greens
by celisnebula ©
My eyes slid down to her fingers,
a blur of white slim extensions
tearing into crisp green,
startled by the violence of their bearing.
Clip, snip, snatch,
the torn pieces falling into the bowl,
ragged edges of paradoxical life,
satin smoothness roughed by necessity.
At times I feel like those ripped greens,
shredded to nothingness,
the wrath of her words striping,
disguised in soft velvet tones.
I watch them fall,
listlessly plunging against cool terracotta,
remembering the feel of cold linoleum,
the times I fell from the blunt of those fingers
blurring in whirls slender white.
Her voice cracks in mocked silken whispers,
my fingers digging deep,
procrastinating on the verge of discovery,
flashing to times when this was ritual,
slowly placing the ladle against her palm.
link

Peaceful Goodbyes
by echoes_s , was a poemthat really sort of got me in my gut I'm not sure what is was about it that struck home for me but by the end I wanted to cry a little myself, it led me to feel sad but I still tink it's a great piece just because of the depth of emotion it provoked. link

Natures
by RazzRajen, was another great piece
I particularly liked the wording here

Is there ever a place here that saw no blood
a place of refuge, the fabled Shangri-La?
I think its Mansarovar, and Kailas,
I wish to be burnt there,
My ashes flung from the precipice
That edge, that chasm.
link

high climber
by Angeline was one of my favorites for reasons that I don't even have the vocabular to fully express, as with the piece written by echoes this piece came with an almost tangible emotion. Thank you for that ang. For me it meant something personal as if the words had been written with a knowledge you couldn't possibly have. ;)
link

winter trees
by eagleyez is another notable poem, to check out
link

Okay apparently I'm going to be pulled through the emotional wringer on today's review. Please check out Choices- ( I'll remember you) by Maria2394 © link

As always the views listed above are only my opinion, I say check out all the new poems and judge for yourself. Please vote and leave public comments for the poets who have been kind enough to hare their talents and gifts with al of us, and by all means if the poems really struck you send feed back.

destinie21 said:
The New poems for 1/7/04

high climber
by Angeline was one of my favorites for reasons that I don't even have the vocabular to fully express, as with the piece written by echoes this piece came with an almost tangible emotion. Thank you for that ang. For me it meant something personal as if the words had been written with a knowledge you couldn't possibly have. ;)
link

Hiya des sweetie and happy new year to you and mrs. :) :kiss:

Thank you for the mention; your time and recommendation are much appreciated. Thank you too to those who commented and sent feedback. The responses to this poem were all but overwhelming, and I am moved by what you all said. This is a very personal poem about taking chances when the easiest thing is to given in to the status quo. I can only assume the sincerity came across cause I really meant it.

And thank you eagleyez for being a poem. :) :heart:

destinie21 said:
The New poems for 1/7/04

Natures
by RazzRajen, was another

As always the views listed above are only my opinion, I say check out all the new poems and judge for yourself. Please vote and leave public comments for the poets who have been kind enough to hare their talents and gifts with al of us, and by all means if the poems really struck you send feed back.

Thanks for the kind mention destinie...

Happy New year Everyone

Razz

destinie21 said:
The New poems for 1/7/04

a passionate break- suddenly
by BooMerengue link

Lovely use of imagery and language. Despite the fact that it's only about 17 cegrees here I could feel the warm hazy heat.
totally a 5 :)

Summer Greens
by celisnebula is another poem that had some great images in it,
There's a lack of spacing but it's still a really good piece that once again brings you right into the scene being written about.

Here's a excerpt I found to be very well written and striking
index : Non-Erotic Poetry : Summer Greens

Summer Greens
by celisnebula ©
My eyes slid down to her fingers,
a blur of white slim extensions
tearing into crisp green,
startled by the violence of their bearing.
Clip, snip, snatch,
the torn pieces falling into the bowl,
ragged edges of paradoxical life,
satin smoothness roughed by necessity.
At times I feel like those ripped greens,
shredded to nothingness,
the wrath of her words striping,
disguised in soft velvet tones.
I watch them fall,
listlessly plunging against cool terracotta,
remembering the feel of cold linoleum,
the times I fell from the blunt of those fingers
blurring in whirls slender white.
Her voice cracks in mocked silken whispers,
my fingers digging deep,
procrastinating on the verge of discovery,
flashing to times when this was ritual,
slowly placing the ladle against her palm.
link

Peaceful Goodbyes
by echoes_s , was a poemthat really sort of got me in my gut I'm not sure what is was about it that struck home for me but by the end I wanted to cry a little myself, it led me to feel sad but I still tink it's a great piece just because of the depth of emotion it provoked. link

Natures
by RazzRajen, was another great piece
I particularly liked the wording here

Is there ever a place here that saw no blood
a place of refuge, the fabled Shangri-La?
I think its Mansarovar, and Kailas,
I wish to be burnt there,
My ashes flung from the precipice
That edge, that chasm.
link

high climber
link

winter trees
by eagleyez is another notable poem, to check out
link

Okay apparently I'm going to be pulled through the emotional wringer on today's review. Please check out Choices- ( I'll remember you) by Maria2394 © link

ty for mentoning my narrative tree climber poem

i did that for years and years

above the ground

Ange- you are so kind. What you say means a lot to me. I just wish I- myself- could figure out when something I write is gonna be good and when it's drivel. I never know til I get comments- or NO comments! LOL Thank you, my friend!

Thanks to you too Xtaaby! I don't know you at all- you were just leaving when I got here. Coming from a stranger it is especially nice to hear.

Anna- you tell your son I read and understand kidspeak- his comments were especially enlightening! and thanks to you, too! lol

Ice and JT! Keep one eye out- I'll take you back to Mississippi! In many ways it's a wonderful place. As long as you're not into ethics, politics or education! Thanks - both of you- for commenting!

Tristesse- I liked what you said, but I'm puzzled. I liked your comment best simply cuz you said it was a straight 5, yet you gave me a 50. Thats fine, but I'd like to know why you differed from what you said. I have to hear the non positive as well as the positive to learn, Please share w/ me what made you vote different. Seriously. I want to see what you saw...

Boo,
The default measure/ rating for the public comments is set to 50 so if you don't change it that's what shows up...I dont know but I am guessing from her other comments that Tristesse just forgot to switch it.

I made the same mistake when commenting on one of Ice's poems.:eek:

Thanks for the mention Des :rose:

and thanks to everyone for their feedback and kind PC's :)

BooMerengue said:

Tristesse- I liked what you said, but I'm puzzled. I liked your comment best simply cuz you said it was a straight 5, yet you gave me a 50. Thats fine, but I'd like to know why you differed from what you said. I have to hear the non positive as well as the positive to learn, Please share w/ me what made you vote different. Seriously. I want to see what you saw...

Know what? I simply forgot to set the thermometer! I'm so sorry.....I should have given you 100%.

*smacks head into keyboard.*

It's ok, Tristesse... I have those days! Thanks! Here, honey! Quit banging your head!

kidbandage.jpg

Last edited:
BooMerengue said:
It's ok, Tristesse... I have those days! Thanks! Here, honey! Quit banging your head!

kidbandage.jpg

Thanks, Boo. Actually - this is what I really feel like doing with my keyboard right now. :D

cpu25.gif

darkmaas (or rather the "intellegence" behind darkmaas) has launched himself into a new adventure that for the next 16 weeks will be very time consuming. The net effect is that ol' d'maas is being returned to his natural state - lurker. Regretfully there will be no more Monday New Poem Reviews from here. Hopefully someone will be able to leap into the breach. (No Viola, I didn't say "leap into anybody's breeches". Viola, for those who might be interested, has just flowered and her hormones are ... er... elevated.)

Till spring then, darkmaas will be lurking and posting as the mood strikes him. Maybe he'll even see his way clear to writing a sestina.

<cue the dancing bananas>

:nana: :nana: :nana:
:nana: :nana:
:nana:

new poems 1/8/04

Maybe I'm getting to be too critical in my old age. But I only found a few of the 28 new poems worth commenting on.

~~~~~~~
My pick of the day was from smithpeter:

garden maven

The more I read this poem, the more I love the imagery in it. I aspire to such writing...
~~~~~~~

Other poems worth reading several times:
~~
how does one throw away a flower? by annaswirls

Another poem I read and re-read until the flavor infused itself. Yum.
~~
waking up alive by Maria2394

Wow! A wonderful snapshot of a bleak moment... But the catharsis of just seeing this in writing, and the hope imbedded in the title made this a glorious poem. The note of explanation at the end was (I thought) unnecessary. But that's just my opinion. A great poem...
~~~~~~~

There were a few others, but nothing I thought that met the level of these three.

As always, go read them and decide for yourself.

And vote, post comments, give feedback....

Regards,

Cordelia

darkmaas said:
darkmaas (or rather the "intellegence" behind darkmaas) has launched himself into a new adventure that for the next 16 weeks will be very time consuming. The net effect is that ol' d'maas is being returned to his natural state - lurker. Regretfully there will be no more Monday New Poem Reviews from here. Hopefully someone will be able to leap into the breach. (No Viola, I didn't say "leap into anybody's breeches". Viola, for those who might be interested, has just flowered and her hormones are ... er... elevated.)

Till spring then, darkmaas will be lurking and posting as the mood strikes him. Maybe he'll even see his way clear to writing a sestina.

I will really miss your wonderful reviews, darkmaas. I hope you will still write poetry and post it. You are one of my favorite poets.

Cordelia

Thank you, Cordelia,
Your kind remarks are appreciated.

I’ve been unwilling to give up poems lately.
Perhaps it’s the age of the world
(that I am suddenly aware of)

Movie plug: Fast Runner

So... are we gonna do an Epic Challenge? Is anyone even interested? Lets see a show of hands...

Thank you Cordelia for the mention and for the kind comments from others, like opening a whitmans sampler and they are all carmels covered in chocolate.....

I want to be able to write an epic poem, I do, but I do not know that I have the attention span. I might have to give up caffein and get some sleep before I could have the focus needed..... it is a good idea, though.

How about a set your alarm clock for 3 am, get up hit the snooze and write the first thing that comes to your head before the alarm comes back on and then go back to sleep challenge?

I might be able to handle that!

AS

my gosh i finally get a sig line and i spell wholly incorrectly.

maybe subconsciously trying to show SP that the world is still so new

whooooooly wholly holy merciful and mighty

now to remember how i did it so i can go fix it but first get this poem out of my head.....

AS

Re: new poems 1/8/04

Cordelia said:
~~
waking up alive by Maria2394

Wow! A wonderful snapshot of a bleak moment... But the catharsis of just seeing this in writing, and the hope imbedded in the title made this a glorious poem. The note of explanation at the end was (I thought) unnecessary. But that's just my opinion. A great poem...
~~~~~~~

Thanks for mentioning waking up alive, Cordelia :)

thanks for the feedback and PC, everybody :rose:

Last edited:
two questions

1. where are the new poems I am jonesin'

2. who does one have to sleep with around here to lose the virgin status?

:eek:

annaswirls said:

:eek:
1. They knew I was reviewin' today, so they didn't dare showing up.

2. Go fuck around on the dumbest threads you can find on the General Board for a minute, and you'll be rid of it in no-time. :p

Back