new poems

Destinie! PLEASE read your private messages... PLEEEEEASE!!!!

Thank you!

Last edited:
Time for Ketchup on those poems...

niyah2 said:
Well had written a post with the names and links so now am just going to post the links

The below poems are ones that I found of interest in the new releases. I am not a critic as of yet or not confident to be one but the poems were well written I thought and some did some real soul baring. smiles keep writing All.

niyah2

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=123439 Once more with feeling denis hale

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=123448 Your Masterpiece Middleagedpoet

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=123533 Invisible Muse Angeline

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=123529 Samantha (in memory) echoes_s
http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=123547 Still alive

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=123427 Angel’s ride a Scotsman

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=123535 An end to a beginning jthsera

http://www.literotica.com/stories/showstory.php?id=123562 neonurotic Panic Again Panic

Thanks for the mention niyah2 and comments/pm's left. :rose:

destinie21 said:
The New poems for 1/7/04

There were so many great poems posted today

a passionate break- suddenly
by BooMerengue link

Lovely use of imagery and language. Despite the fact that it's only about 17 cegrees here I could feel the warm hazy heat.
totally a 5 :)

Summer Greens
by celisnebula is another poem that had some great images in it,
There's a lack of spacing but it's still a really good piece that once again brings you right into the scene being written about.

Here's a excerpt I found to be very well written and striking
index : Non-Erotic Poetry : Summer Greens

Summer Greens
by celisnebula ©
My eyes slid down to her fingers,
a blur of white slim extensions
tearing into crisp green,
startled by the violence of their bearing.
Clip, snip, snatch,
the torn pieces falling into the bowl,
ragged edges of paradoxical life,
satin smoothness roughed by necessity.
At times I feel like those ripped greens,
shredded to nothingness,
the wrath of her words striping,
disguised in soft velvet tones.
I watch them fall,
listlessly plunging against cool terracotta,
remembering the feel of cold linoleum,
the times I fell from the blunt of those fingers
blurring in whirls slender white.
Her voice cracks in mocked silken whispers,
my fingers digging deep,
procrastinating on the verge of discovery,
flashing to times when this was ritual,
slowly placing the ladle against her palm.
link

Peaceful Goodbyes
by echoes_s , was a poemthat really sort of got me in my gut I'm not sure what is was about it that struck home for me but by the end I wanted to cry a little myself, it led me to feel sad but I still tink it's a great piece just because of the depth of emotion it provoked. link

Natures
by RazzRajen, was another great piece
I particularly liked the wording here

Is there ever a place here that saw no blood
a place of refuge, the fabled Shangri-La?
I think its Mansarovar, and Kailas,
I wish to be burnt there,
My ashes flung from the precipice
That edge, that chasm.
link

high climber
by Angeline was one of my favorites for reasons that I don't even have the vocabular to fully express, as with the piece written by echoes this piece came with an almost tangible emotion. Thank you for that ang. For me it meant something personal as if the words had been written with a knowledge you couldn't possibly have. ;)
link

winter trees
by eagleyez is another notable poem, to check out
link

Okay apparently I'm going to be pulled through the emotional wringer on today's review. Please check out Choices- ( I'll remember you) by Maria2394 © link

As always the views listed above are only my opinion, I say check out all the new poems and judge for yourself. Please vote and leave public comments for the poets who have been kind enough to hare their talents and gifts with al of us, and by all means if the poems really struck you send feed back.

Many thanks Destinie, funny how it took a splurge of anger to bring that about, then it just...well, thanks :kiss:

Last edited:
New Poems of 01-11-04 (part one)

There are 57 new submissions on this Sunday of the year, and I bring one "spinner" as always. I am going to break today's comments into several sections/posts. There are just too many posts for me to handle in one outing. - Others are strongly requested to post up their own choices and comments since I know I will burn out before I finish, and I apologize to all authors for any slights or seeming lack of enthusiasm. I am simply overwhelmed. :(

For today's Oldie I bring a poem from September of '02. It took a half dozen spins to find this one. - Now this is a smithpeter poem that I can understand; as well as like! :)
like before

till 3 AM there was a long wait
then she came home
near sunrise

smelling of him
a nice guy
her lover now

so lonely and now
sorry he ever pinched her
tight little nipples

sleep by eagleyez is the first poem on the list and it has been awarded the seldom seen Editor's E. One can never be sure what floats Laurel's kayak, but go start today's read with one that Literotica likes the best!
frozen
upon cavedoors
crests of families
scrawled as in crow scratchings
petrified
woodstone etchings seen
as sights
of purple aromas sensed
and histories revealed.
. . .
Next comes oxalis with some notes of condescension containing some cute wordplay and demonstrating that SP is not the only one who can lose me in a seemingly short and simple poem.
sex and photography
art and words
punctuation, spirituality, punctuality

yogurt yoga yurt
catchy phrase add class
never see my awkward walk

zen it
rabbit hole
ecumenical hot
soup
rules say stop
oxalis immediately follows with a less disjointed work, imagine being a man.
. . .
while smiling, boasting, chest pounding
kite flying, panty raiding getting good grope.
what equestrians we men are, gracefully crashing
aboard
saddle soaped, bear greased equipment,
half brained oafs,
lovers finally
a moment before failure
. . .

A fairly new poetess, dreamsweet, joins our fraternity today
In Elation. Her work appears to be above Lits' average quality.
And all it took was three letters, obscured,
looking right at me from the picture I found.
This feeling of conspiracy has been lured
from beneath years of heavy uncertainty.
. . .
Next comes smithpeter with My Successful Day and drilling a 1/4" hole. SP's day may have been successful, but my understanding of his poem wasn't. :(
With the second work I was more successful and thoroughly enjoyed it.
through the center of the Earth
is not practical,
not at an angle either from Florida to Louisiana
or Sweden to Wisconsin

perhaps through that corner of a book
best left hanging in an outhouse,
a novel about that mysterious detective
whose name always escapes
Later on smithpeter goes totally back to his successful attempt to be unreadable to me and presents a third effort titled dream is path. Go read it as you will. I find it too confusing to attempt to extract from. It reminds me of computer generated words. - Score for the day: SP 2; Fish 1 (plus 1 oldie).

My last poem in this section of today's reviews is Shut Up by neonurotic. I have dog hair, but otherwise Neo is living in my house. :)
Outside, there is no snow, wind or rain today.
I see blue skies between gray clouds.

I can't help but wonder if
the sun is hiding
somewhere up there.

Then quick

Before the moment is gone,
I throw open windows,
letting out month old air
that suffocates me with
spiced plum potpourri,
dust mites and cat dander.

Than quicker

I no longer wonder if
the sun is hiding
some where up there.

The hue of the day turns drab and cold.
The rain, wind and snow shuts me up again.

I will return with more later.

As always, please go and read the rest of today's new postings on the New Poems page. These choices and comments are just the views of one person and I may have overlooked a poem that you will really like. Remember to vote and send feedback. Our poets need your support.

maybe this'll help a bit...

It's easier to put her link than to list her submissions. cerulean_ink, a new writer here, has written 3 really nice poems, IMHO! Hope she stays and writes more! Check 'em out!

New Poems of 01-11-04 (part two)

I start part two of today with a new poet. I love to be able to broaden the field of those I can recommend as worth reading. I do recommend Jassirax's poem, but I can't name it for you because This Piece Has No Title. Jassirax is new to poetry on Literotica, but her first presentation to the readers indicates that she can write. The poem is uneven in places, but Jassirax handles description quite well and escapes what could have been a list poem trap with ease and verbal skill. I think we have another new poet to watch as she develops her talents. :rose:

Ruby stained lips sipping hot liquid,
Burning my tongue and scalding the roof of my mouth,
Not noticing the moment you entered,
But never forgetting it.

Your blue eyes met my brown ones.
Your smile found a home in mine.
Knowing a shared kiss or touch lay in wait.
Moments away, moments behind.

You rise.
I fall.
I rise.
Your hand slipped into mine.
The rain falls faster now, thicker.
The tapping against the ground as steps bring us from warmth to cold.

Judo is back and she brought her Travellin' Man with her! Don't expect me to quote it for you. Go read her newest Lit. work and see why Judo is one of one of our most gifted poets. 'Nuff said! :rose:

Now comes Icingsugar Catching whispers and working with words in his own way again. Another poet we are lucky to have with us.
close

to the truth of it all,
the forevermore of
a multiverse existence
of options splitting reality
into a web of perhaps,
longing to continue

life

Cordelia gifts us a beautiful short piece, just five couplets, but five exquisite ones. I am not sure of the title, but I am of the quality. Read her
Dictionary of Rogue Verbs
I conceal meditations of that subjective tense from myself,
where clues of why your syntax may be indifference to myself.

I fasten onto your way of conjugating my ache until
I become the persuasive phrase you’d gauge innocence in myself.

When I can pen your hair into gold, the lucrative emerges,
but your daunting ease drains silver from the eloquence of my self.

Stretch taut my desire over the copper of your framework’s embrace,
and in esteem’s calligraphy – stained to permanence through my self.

Parchment-ready for prurient brushes with the ink of glances,
I inhale and find in the thesaurus of confidence: my self.

Angeline writes Sunday Morning erotica as it should be written. All would-be 'dirty poets' should go read works like this one and learn that you do not have to be explicit to be very warm and erotic. A very good way to wake up! - Now is that coffee I smell brewing? :) :rose:

I'm off for a cup while you go read the poems that I have just brought to your attention. - More later

Regards, Rybka

Thank You..

Had I not been notified via feedback I never would have known someone commented on my poem.

Though I see a million wrongs in my writings, I accept with grace the kindness and honesty that you posted, Rybka. I hope in time to be able to craft some of my writings into pieces that are remembered - if even just a little.

Have a lovely day!

J

New Poems of 01-11-04 (part three)

Part three, the last, will begin with oxalis' third of the day the cabaret owner. This poem is an admirable example of that ancient adage to young writers "Show; don't Tell!" for that is just what the words of oxalis do as they build the picture of the next day in the cabaret. All club and jazz lovers will like this one.
owner has cleaned, band is due, they are razor dressed,
kind but serpent like with messages rarely
in agreement,
dripping venom
out spit valves
blessing resolved discordance

echoes_s is Fading to Grey, but playing with rhymes and words all the way. A cute little poem worth checking out.
Slipping into a funnel of
colorless confusion, contorted contusions,
cogitating refusion,
a fusion of reclusion
and sweltering seclusion,
fading to grey...

Another new poet has already been mentioned above by BooMerengue. Of the three by cerulean_ink my favorite is
color mirrored on your eyes. However, no way is my dog going to get the paper in the morning . . . at least without reading it first. :(
Light strikes your eyes;
I see our future,
white picket fences and
dogs that get
the paper
in the morning.

Light from our eyes;
We see their future,
first day of school and
reading books
until early
in the morning.

Light from their eyes;
They see their future,
high school romances and
parties that
last till four
in the morning.

Light from our eyes;
We see the past,
childhood milestones and
memories that
make me cry
in the morning.

Tristesse is sad, but smiling with no breadcrumbs to lead her safely home while Hanzel looks to a new Gretel. Help Tristesse be happy with a vote and PC/feedback. - In the meantime, this Looks like a job for Rowdy Ted, the Tin Man. :)
When he looks at me now
He looks beyond me
Seeking someone
Who's no longer there.

There are no breadcrumbs here.
We can't go back
The way we came
Hold my hand and we'll skip.

When he holds me now
He holds a stranger,
Empty air that whispers
Of happier times.

There are no clues here
Make it up as you go.
Hold my hand
I'll show you the way.

When he looks at me now
He sees a mirror of his love.
Smiling wanly back
But smiling.

gauchecritic is a new poet to Lit. His first posted poem has some strong sea and storm imagery, but I find the poem uneven. I look forward to reading more of his efforts as he learns to control his work.
Hometime
Across the bay lie the Jellyfish.
Anonymous mounds of orange-yellow
waiting for the children
with buckets and spades,
sticks and pebbles,
wonder and passion.

The clinking, clanking,
wind whipped rigging
bears an accompaniment
to the raucous, disparaging mewling
of black-tipped wings, spilling air,
carrying plaintive gulls
in search of abandoned fries.

I am not a great lover of 'erotic' poetry (so what am I doing here, you ask? - I too ask.), but earlier I mentioned the smooth and gentle eroticism of Angeline's poem, so I guess it is only fair that I now tell you to go read and learn from denis hale's Siren Bade Me To Dream. Denis does use explicit language, but then, he is denis. - If you can't write eroticism as subtlety as Angeline, then try and choose your words as precisely for effect as denis hale does.
Buck naked
hemophiliac Madonna
splayed-legged
as a gunfighter

making a slow
cherry snow cone
out of the white-capped
winter grass patch.

She sucks the juice
off her alabaster fingers
and beckons me closer

through heart-and-vulva shaped
clouds of cumulus breath puffs,

her stance getting wider,
more insistent.

Finally on this Sunday, a poem by 2rivers, sunroof naughty. Here is a good example of a title contributing to the poem. If it had been just "naughty" for example, I probably would not have understood the poem.
She is fast on the errand
so fast
round corners, sun, stars
milky way beating
upon our laps

black steel and tight pants
slight blue this moon
a glow
whipped centrifugals
our lean

unfasten before parking
drive till you
can not bare my left hand
causing
your-down-shift

As always, please go and read the rest of today's new postings on the New Poems page. These choices and comments are just the views of one person and I may have overlooked a poem that you will really like. Remember to vote and send feedback. Our poets need support.

Regards,                 Rybka

I have dog hair

originally posted by Rybka

:D you have dog hair?? I would pay to see that... your secret is revealed, youre a dogfish!!! if I were to scratch your tummy, would your gills wiggle? :rose: ;)

Last edited:
Many thanks

Rybka for mentioning my poem, Morning, especially today when there are so many wonderful poems posted. I'm still working my way through them, but I'm struck by the overall quality of new poems posted today--and really most days now.

And you fishie deserve the Golden Gill Award (like it? lol) for that marathon review--thank you. :rose: :)

Rybka,

Thank you for taking the time today to do such an extensive review of todays new poetry. There was SO many awesome poems waiting to be seen, they must have stampeded the door, hence causing the delay....I think mine got squished, I have to fluff them up and post them another day jk

You put a lot of time and thought into your feedback, as do all of the reviewers! Thanks again,

AS

Re: New Poems of 01-11-04 (part two)

Rybka said:
Cordelia gifts us a beautiful short piece, just five couplets, but five exquisite ones. I am not sure of the title, but I am of the quality. Read her
Dictionary of Rogue Verbs

Regards, Rybka

Thanks, Rybka.

I am glad my little piece didn't get lost in the tons of wonderful poetry posted today.

I think you did a wonderful job of reviewing, and I dread the day Laurel does this sort of thing on a Thursday.

With gratitude,

Cordelia

All bow down to the fish! 50+ poems sifted and 20+ qualified and elaborate recommendations from Rybka. I would surely snap under the pressure. :)

Thanks for the mention of Catching Whispers. It was a delight to write, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

/Ice

Thank you - Rybka - for the mention.

Tristesse is sad, but smiling with no breadcrumbs to lead her safely home while Hanzel looks to a new Gretel.

...and kudos for tackling the flood of poems. Like Angeline - I am only part way through the collection.

Thankyou very much Rybka for picking out my first poem out of more than 50 entries.
This isn't defence, I simpy don't write poetry. There are so many poets who can, I just know I can't compete.

Hometime was originally a prose piece in the AH thread (anyone can PM me if they'd like to see the original). I was told it contained poetic imagery. I spent a while making it into what I thought poetry was, in order that I could share it with a larger audience.

Would the original have been poetry? Did I do wrong by making it into what I thought poetry was?

Thanks again.

Gauche

Edited to add a P.S to all those that chose to publicly comment: thankyou.

Last edited:
gauchecritic said:
Thankyou very much Rybka for picking out my first poem out of more than 50 entries.
This isn't defence, I simpy don't write poetry. There are so many poets who can, I just know I can't compete.

Hometime was originally a prose piece in the AH thread (anyone can PM me if they'd like to see the original). I was told it contained poetic imagery. I spent a while making it into what I thought poetry was, in order that I could share it with a larger audience.

Would the original have been poetry? Did I do wrong by making it into what I thought poetry was?

Thanks again.

Gauche

You should try it again sometime, Gauche. I just skimmed it earlier--going back to read it more carefully later, but I thought it was good.

As for your question, I've not seen your original post but I'm assuming it was more "prosey," which also would have been fine--there is a subgenre of poetry "prose poetry" that is much in vogue these days. I just go by how I feel though; if it feels like a poem to me, it's a poem. :)

Re: New Poems of 01-11-04 (part two)

Rybka said:
Judo is back and she brought her Travellin' Man with her! Don't expect me to quote it for you. Go read her newest Lit. work and see why Judo is one of one of our most gifted poets. 'Nuff said! :rose:

Thanks for the wonderful words, Rybka. See you around the pool.
;)
- Judo

Re: New Poems of 01-11-04 (part one)

Rybka said:
My last poem in this section of today's reviews is Shut Up by neonurotic. I have dog hair, but otherwise Neo is living in my house. :)
Thank you Rybka for taking the time in your very busy poetry review in mentioning my poem... and
thumbsuppp.gif
for all 57 reads and reviews you did today...

Also Much thanks to Anna, Angeline and 'I know who', who PC'd on my poem as well
and Ang, I
never shut up ;)

- neo

editted because i can

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks to any and all who fedback re my poem

i generally string words in paragraphs

but the brevity and the riddle of poetry has always delighted me

and to share these word flares with you all is truly a pleasure.

*and Ange-inspiration in many shapes has found me again*

:heart:

Belated thanks...

I am just getting the hang of this public comment thing...

Thanks to all who posted comments on Dictionary of Rogue Verbs. I am a little speechless.

I worked very hard on this poem, and I'm glad it has had a good effect.

And Icingsugar? No one will trash you for expressing an opinion. I know my poetry isn't for all tastes. I spend WAY too much time immersed in words, and often use lots of big ones. I get very caught up in getting just the right word for my purposes, and it often comes across as pretentious or overdone. I even talk like that. <sighs>

But that is how I write. And I make no apologies. Nor will I change my writing style. I often use poetry to convey emotion that is largely un-convey-able. This sometimes comes across as cryptic, but if just the feeling comes across... then I count that as successful (to some degree).

Anyhow, that's my rant. I write how I write.

Thanks again for the comments (especially Icingsugar's... :) )

Stepping from behind the lectern,

Cordelia

edited to correct a stupid mistake...

Last edited:
Re: Belated thanks...

Cordelia said:
And Icingsugar? No one will trash you for expressing an opinion. I know my poetry isn't for all tastes. I spend WAY too much time immersed in words, and often use lots of big ones. I get very caught up in getting just the right word for my purposes, and it often comes across as pretentious or overdone. I even talk like that. <sighs>
I guess I should had added a little ;) in my comment. Didn't really expect any trsahing. I just saw the overwhelming comments about how emotional your poem was, and felt just as dumb as when I used to stare myself blind at those 3D pictures that was such a fad in the early 90's. :)

Your poetry is still very much for my tastes, as I said in the comment, if only for the sheer phonetic beauty of it. So please keep doing your thing. I get it most of the time, and wil gladly read it all anyway.

:rose:
/Ice

I have wondered for awhile now what part of Anna swirls. Now I joyfully see that it is her mind! :)

She mentioned yesterday that her poem had gotten squished in the poetry stampede. Well, I am glad it did! It appears today among 15 rather than 57, and consequently there is no way that it can be overlooked. There are another four or five good poems today, but I will leave them to someone else.

Now I don't recommend that you rush right over to the New Poems page and read annaswirls' latest little gem, Jr. High Poetry Night. If I were you I would read the others first and save this one for dessert. - And no, you can't have any pudding until you finish your meat! How can you have any pudding if you don't finish your . . .

I love this thought. It is just . . . so. . . so . . . ?swirly??
. . .
I found my old wallet last night in the basement
your picture in the billfold
you have not changed
. . .
Regards, Rybka

Rybka quoting Pink Floyd!! Oh my...do you ever sit and listen to them for hours and hours? I used to...;) you make me wanna go dig out The Wall and turn on the umm, lava lamp hehe :rose:

yeah, youre right about Anna, she is swirly, I love that!! you got an eye for good stuff Rybka, arent ya glad she chose us??
I sure am... when you stop and think about all the places she could be selling her stuff to..thank goodness she is so kind she just gives it away.... :D

Back